Home

Will Government buy our AR15’s back ?

Posted By: martyd

Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 05:32 PM

I have a couple AR15 guns that I use for coyote hunting and for deer hunting.
Question. If the Biden crowd gets their way and says no one can own a AR15 type
Rifle , do you think they will buy our guns back ? If so do you think they will give us the true
value of the rifles or something like $50.00’ or $100.00 for them ? I am not thinking the latter
MD
Posted By: black beaver

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 05:54 PM

I would not give back mine for any amount of money, to the government. it is what this government was founded on!

They take one type of gun away and they will take away more.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 05:55 PM

They print money like its nothing. They would give u three times it's value if they thought u would give them up.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 05:56 PM

What ARs?
Posted By: la4wd54

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 06:01 PM

Lost all mine in a boating accident

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 06:02 PM

Will the problem is you become a out Law the day they ban them and you do not turn them in. You could never bring the rifle out to shoot it because if some one see you with it and turns you in for a award you go to jail.
If you bury it in the back 40 acres for the big melt down in the USA that’s coming that’s fine and daddy , but if you break it out 1 hour before the melt Down and Government squashes the melt down you go to jail. If you wait till the great melt down in the country is over , you could be to late for you and your family. Just like my questions says will they buy them and for how much if they do ? MD
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 06:09 PM

No one said being a patriot and doing the right thing is going to be easy
Posted By: GRP

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 06:13 PM

Guns loud and bad. Vewy scawey. Me no likey.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by martyd
I have a couple AR15 guns that I use for coyote hunting and for deer hunting.
Question. If the Biden crowd gets their way and says no one can own a AR15 type
Rifle , do you think they will buy our guns back ? If so do you think they will give us the true
value of the rifles or something like $50.00’ or $100.00 for them ? I am not thinking the latter
MD

Only if your dumb enough to surrender them.
Posted By: black beaver

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 06:14 PM

x100000000000
Posted By: canebrake

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 06:46 PM

They won't be confiscating mine.

What the heck is a "buy back" anyway? The government never owned mine. The correct term is "theft" or "confiscation".
Posted By: warrior

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 06:49 PM

Molon Labe
Posted By: G Hose

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
No one said being a patriot and doing the right thing is going to be easy

^That right there
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 06:55 PM

I can’t picture anybody giving them up. I didn’t hear of anybody giving up their larger capacity firearms in New York state after they were banned.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 07:02 PM

Mine aren't for sale.

Abortion, conspiracy theories, loyalty to idiot politicians, inflation and pick any other topic are not the catalyst for this country finally going at each other for real. It will be gun confiscation. And at that point it will be states vs feds, urban vs rural and non white vs white. Guns will be the spark.

My prediction from my 2A sanctuary in western Oklahoma.
Posted By: charles

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 07:40 PM

A lot of things might happen in America but I don't think we will ever tolerate a mandatory buyback in my lifetime. Our generation will not re-elect those "leaders".
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 07:40 PM

Can't buy something back that they never owned to begin with. Besides, in order to buy something, that something must be for sale.
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 07:42 PM

Maybe I ought to buy some before they are illegal to buy!
Posted By: Marty

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 07:43 PM

I will not participate in a gun buyback....it would get ugly here.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 07:57 PM

Im on your side Marty. Im not hiding anything either. If the communists want another civil war I guess thats what will happen. I dont want one but I would rather take my turn at dying than be a slave.

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 08:01 PM

^Yup, burying a gun makes zero sense to me....unless it is an 'extra' your placing in a cache.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 08:06 PM

Buy back with your own money you mean? Tax dollars.....I just saw somewhere people are getting 50 dollar gas cards to hand over any gun.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 09:13 PM

I'd consider selling the government my AR but in return I want term limits(retroactive), zero deficit spending, a wall, the IRS abolished and another dozen or so reasonable, common sense reforms to the federal government. I might consider selling if my demands were met.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 09:42 PM

We need them now more than ever.

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
We need them now more than ever.

Yep.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 10:52 PM

The gubbermint does not pass my background check and can not be trusted with those rifles. They are probably just straw purchasing them for the mexican cartels again. Or give them to the taliban or other terrorist group that should not have them.

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 10:57 PM

Can I buyback the nuclear football from a demented person?
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 11:12 PM

Marty I would rather you have it than any of those idiots on DC
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
The gubbermint does not pass my background check and can not be trusted with those rifles. They are probably just straw purchasing them for the mexican cartels again. Or give them to the taliban or other terrorist group that should not have them.

Yup
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 11:36 PM

Lol, I dont understand the question, or why it's been asked.

Do I have to give up my bug detector, RF interupter and other surveilence equipment too ?
Posted By: danvee

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 11:45 PM

They never consider taking Class 3 stuff do to the tax stamp. Same will happen with any weapon they choose to limit. Tax stamp paid yearly attached to the weapon you get caught without it you go to the Big Iron Teepee. They make tax money and get to know who owns them and can limit ownership.
Posted By: nh toe pincher

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/29/22 11:56 PM

most of the pond scum in d.c couldnt pass the nics check, so no, cant sell mine to an organized crime operation or anyone affiliated. that would be illegal.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Posco
I'd consider selling the government my AR but in return I want term limits(retroactive), zero deficit spending, a wall, the IRS abolished and another dozen or so reasonable, common sense reforms to the federal government. I might consider selling if my demands were met.

Why give up something that is your right to own for the common sense things the government should already be doing.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by charles
A lot of things might happen in America but I don't think we will ever tolerate a mandatory buyback in my lifetime. Our generation will not re-elect those "leaders".

a lot of people VOTED for the gun ban crowd because they were offended by Orange Man.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin

a lot of people VOTED for the gun ban crowd because they were offended by Orange Man.

Including Charles I believe?
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 01:59 AM

Yep
Posted By: Boco

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 02:21 AM

Probably offer 10cents on the dollar,if that.
Just keep em.Mayby sell them some gas pipe with a flintlock attached.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin

Anyone who voted for either of the two major parties, including orange man's party, voted for the gun ban crowd.

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 03:48 AM

Will it sounds like no one here thinks it will get to the point we’re government will take our AR15 rifles. I have 2 AR guns. I think I read their is a estimated 15 million AR 15 type rifles in the hands of US citizens. I am afraid the Government is closing in on us owners now with this latest shooting. I am afraid we will see the government outlaw Ownership of AR type guns soon. With so many variants of the rifle. I could see Government giving $100.00 for every AR type of rifles up to certain date after that date 30 days to turn them in or you will be breaking their law and will just take the rifle and you will be prosecuted. I have $2300.00 in a AR10 with scope and $4800.00 in a A15 with night vision for coyote hunting. I think 100% of AR type rifle owners would bury them for a rainy day. I think we all need to start thinking about what kind of container we could make or buy to bury them and what the best process would be to keep them from rusting in the ground. I am sure that it can be done but I would like to know how ?
We will not have a lot of time to figure it out. MD
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by danvee
They never consider taking Class 3 stuff do to the tax stamp. Same will happen with any weapon they choose to limit. Tax stamp paid yearly attached to the weapon you get caught without it you go to the Big Iron Teepee. They make tax money and get to know who owns them and can limit ownership.

Tax stamps for NFA are paid one time not yearly.

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 03:56 AM

Lots of cosmoline,pvc pipe, sealed ,with a grease nipple on it also.

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Originally Posted by Posco

Why give up something that is your right to own for the common sense things the government should already be doing.

I have no intention of surrendering it. It's just that I've noticed how liberals keep pointing to polls suggesting the public supports more stringent gun control and they feel they need to act on it. I find it interesting how they miss the polling suggesting the vast majority of Americans favor term limits. I guess no one has drawn that to their attention.

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 09:34 AM

I think it's a bold faced lie that most Americans want more gun control. We all want less violent crime. We all want fewer drug addicts. Somehow though nobody is talking about anti gang proposals.
Posted By: John C

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 10:51 AM

What do you mean by “buy back”. I haven’t purchased anything from our government and I would not certainly buy guns from our inept government. My guns never came from the government so there is never going to be a “buy back”. That’s just some progressive BS to reinforce their failing notion of everything coming from the government.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by martyd
Will it sounds like no one here thinks it will get to the point we’re government will take our AR15 rifles. I have 2 AR guns. I think I read their is a estimated 15 million AR 15 type rifles in the hands of US citizens. I am afraid the Government is closing in on us owners now with this latest shooting. I am afraid we will see the government outlaw Ownership of AR type guns soon. With so many variants of the rifle. I could see Government giving $100.00 for every AR type of rifles up to certain date after that date 30 days to turn them in or you will be breaking their law and will just take the rifle and you will be prosecuted. I have $2300.00 in a AR10 with scope and $4800.00 in a A15 with night vision for coyote hunting. I think 100% of AR type rifle owners would bury them for a rainy day. I think we all need to start thinking about what kind of container we could make or buy to bury them and what the best process would be to keep them from rusting in the ground. I am sure that it can be done but I would like to know how ?
We will not have a lot of time to figure it out. MD

If you have somebody you can trust and they don't own a AR, just let them hold it. Easier access and no need to clean up the grease if needed.
Now if they start checking door to door.....
Posted By: Norwestalta

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 12:42 PM

Why pay twice and not have it? It is your money being used by the feds to buy them back.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by canebrake
They won't be confiscating mine.

What the heck is a "buy back" anyway? The government never owned mine. The correct term is "theft" or "confiscation".

Correct

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 12:56 PM

I think there are more than 15 million ar's out there. a lot more. A lot of households with a fire arm may only have a single firearm, one of my daughters has a glock 9mm only. Doesnt like to hunt and doesnt shoot more than 2-3 times a year at family gatherings but wants to be armed. A lot of homes have a 22 or shotgun but a big bunch have an AR as the only firearm. My boss doesn't hunt or shoot. Bought an AR and a thousand rounds during the Obama years out of fear they would be banned. I doubt he has fired a full magazine out it. He still believes in his right to be armed. I am confident if confiscation starts he isnt turning it in. A few people with multiple guns do not own one. I never did until recently. I had other semi's just not an AR. Quite frankly if forced into armed revolt I figure a firearm capable of killing a person wearing body armor might be my first choice.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 02:41 PM

They can't afford what mine will cost them.

Mike
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 02:48 PM

If your going to bury a gun you better bury more things with it. If you need to dig it up you probably in a bad situation. It needs accessed quickly, but it takes much more than a gun and ammo to live.

I suggest also a survival pack with medical trauma kit, shelter, clothes, water purifier maps of the area, long term storage food.

Got to think further ahead.
Posted By: AuthorTrapper

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
I will not participate in a gun buyback....it would get ugly here.

2x! Rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 03:23 PM

Sure, they’re for sale. Everything is for sale.

$5,000,000 per AR-15 and a written, notarized document saying that they’re free to keep any others they have ought to do it.

Being serious, if they think buying a few guns from people is going to make good people safer, they’re even more foolish than we thought.

Re: Will Government buy our AR15’s back ? - 05/30/22 03:50 PM

By the way-you dont bury the ones you are using,just the supply you need to re-arm with from time to time.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums