Home

Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed

Posted By: Hutchy

Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/29/22 11:50 PM

Im not used to ticks...dont have many here. Went for a walk in a "high risk lyme" area last weekend.

Had Tick starting to embed an hour or two later.

Wasn't embedded much, easy to pull off.

Pulled it off my leg, carried on. No rash, not itchy.

Now it's been a week, and i have a dime sized rash that is kind of itchy. Honestly, not sure what kind of Tick.

Something I should worry about? I'm just not familiar with them. Never been bit before.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 12:00 AM

this is what the Health Forum is for,but everyone goes here
worry - yes
should have saved the tick even with some scotch tape holding it down
Thank goodness for Canadian health care- have it looked at ASAP
Black legged ticks are as the name says -= trouble
if it was posted then it's a war zone

Question. Do you like to eat red meat ? Yes; then get it looked after
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 12:04 AM

The rash is a sign of lymes. However, it’s the deer tick that spreads it. It is small in comparison to a regular wood tick. You’d likely be able to remember the vast difference in tick size especially if it had been hooked up for any amount of time.

I’ve had lymes as have the majority of my dogs. One of my dogs got it right out of my backyard. It can happen anywhere.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 12:18 AM

ticks carry a lot of diseases. none of them pleasant

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 12:20 AM

Were you near the town of Powassan Ontario ?
double wammy
can you put it in your will that I get all your musky lures before you get loopy
Posted By: MJM

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 12:23 AM

I have had more than my share bit on, some to the point it pulls a chunk of meat out when you pull them. I always get a welt and it turn red, itches and seems to last a long time.
Here is a copy paste. While many people are concerned after being bitten by a tick, the risk of acquiring a tick-borne infection is quite low, even if the tick has been attached, fed, and is actually carrying an infectious agent. Ticks transmit infection only after they have attached and are taking a blood meal from their new host. A tick that has not attached (and therefore has not yet become engorged from its blood meal) has not passed any infection. Since the deer tick that transmits Lyme disease typically feeds for >36 hours before transmission of the spirochete, the risk of acquiring Lyme disease from an observed tick bite, for example, is only 1.2 to 1.4 percent, even in an area where the disease is common.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Northof50
Were you near the town of Powassan Ontario ?
double wammy
can you put it in your will that I get all your musky lures before you get loopy

The musky lures are yours. Let this post me my living will and testament.

I was in grand bend
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 12:33 AM

Go see your Dr and get some antibiotics, getting the antibiotics early is key to not getting it.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by MJM
I have had more than my share bit on, some to the point it pulls a chunk of meat out when you pull them. I always get a welt and it turn red, itches and seems to last a long time.
Here is a copy paste. While many people are concerned after being bitten by a tick, the risk of acquiring a tick-borne infection is quite low, even if the tick has been attached, fed, and is actually carrying an infectious agent. Ticks transmit infection only after they have attached and are taking a blood meal from their new host. A tick that has not attached (and therefore has not yet become engorged from its blood meal) has not passed any infection. Since the deer tick that transmits Lyme disease typically feeds for >36 hours before transmission of the spirochete, the risk of acquiring Lyme disease from an observed tick bite, for example, is only 1.2 to 1.4 percent, even in an area where the disease is common.

I mean, it was on me for less than an hour. I used tweezers, but it pulled off real easy, could have done with fingernails.

It wasn't engorged at all.

Based on what I've read, the risk is super low.

If it was a black leg tick, only 2 percent in high risk areas...this one wasn't attached long, hadn't started to feed...

The risk is super duper low...

But it's still possible and I have a slightly itchy small rash. I will call my doctor in the am.
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 12:41 AM

My cousins wife had a itchy rash after getting bitten by a tick, went to Dr and tested positive for lymes.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 12:43 AM

Had a tick get on me about 15-20 years ago while running a hunt test. Didn’t find it until 2 days later. Itch and rash was bad. Ended up with a hole in my leg and a trip to the hospital. I was bad sick and out of work for two weeks. They did every test they knew to do at that time including a spinal tap. Never found a thing wrong. To this day I still don’t know what it was nor do they. Still have the scar and indention in my calf, but no side effects that I know of all these years later.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Had a tick get on me about 15-20 years ago while running a hunt test. Didn’t find it until 2 days later. Itch and rash was bad. Ended up with a hole in my leg and a trip to the hospital. I was bad sick and out of work for two weeks. They did every test they knew to do at that time including a spinal tap. Never found a thing wrong. To this day I still don’t know what it was nor do they. Still have the scar and indention in my calf, but no side effects that I know of all these years later.

This makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Posted By: jk

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 01:08 AM

Car accidents and ticks are my worst fear.......jk OH and Biden

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 01:10 AM

Can you show some pictures ?
not of you , but the Beach ware with all your warm weather... cry from Grand Bend

don't believe the 2% rule, some areas have had up to 85% infections in the ticks, notably Long Point
Lone star ticks are showing up and just the walk across your skin can leave their nastys that they carry.
Posted By: Don

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 01:12 AM

If you call your doctor or go to a pharmacy they will probably give you the meds. They have finally accepted we do have lyme carrying ticks in Ontario.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Don
If you call your doctor or go to a pharmacy they will probably give you the meds. They have finally accepted we do have lyme carrying ticks in Ontario.

This is good news.

I will see if he can prescribe it by phone
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 01:16 AM

Had undiagnosed Lyme's over 30 years ago.
Still not right.
Wife just pulled one out of my back 5 min ago.

Worse year ever, been finding 1-2 attached on me everyday, and using Permethrin, etc

Appear to.be first feeling larvae/ nymphs, so WAY smaller than adult deer tick
Posted By: MJM

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 01:16 AM

There is a lot of difference in having a tic on for an hour and 48 hours. 20 years ago I would see two or three ticks a year. Now I see that many or more every day. According to the ND Health Dept we are getting more ticks and verities that were never here. I just picked one off that was crawling on my chest. I have a zip lock bag with a cotton ball that is drenched in rubbing alcohol that I put them in. When I find one then I keep thinking I can feel them crawling on me.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 01:17 AM

Manitoba has it so a photo to them for ID is all it takes to get the system going for treatment.

finger test on the spot
warm"?
press down slightly= lift= does the blood flow back
usually tell of a local infection going on
google the proper way.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by MJM
There is a lot of difference in having a tic on for an hour and 48 hours. 20 years ago I would see two or three ticks a year. Now I see that many or more every day. According to the ND Health Dept we are getting more ticks and verities that were never here. I just picked one off that was crawling on my chest. I have a zip lock bag with a cotton ball that is drenched in rubbing alcohol that I put them in. When I find one then I keep thinking I can feel them crawling on me.

stimulating tactile senses
and it has nothing to do with S-E-X
Posted By: Boco

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 01:31 AM

Get the meds,then move further north.
Your a victim of global warming,Hutchy.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Get the meds,then move further north.
Your a victim of global warming,Hutchy.

Too many people here anyway.

I hear iqualuit is nice this time of year.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 01:56 AM

I get them all the time despite spraying down. Red rash and itching always result.

I hate ticks. I'll catch something eventually. I hate ticks.

And chiggers.
Posted By: gibb

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 02:00 AM

Had the bullseyes rash from a tick bite about 5 years ago had to do the antibiotic deal, no side effects.
Last year was bad had at least 7 or 8 on me but no bites. Seems like more and more of them around.
Happy to be up north now so far no ticks here.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 02:02 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 09:33 AM

Go get tested for lymes, it isn't too bad if caught early, just a course of antibiotics. Its the damage it does before you know you have it that causes real problems. My brother had it, caught it early and was over it in 10 days. a cousin haad it for years and never knew it, she has heart problems, vision problems, arthritus, and other things going on from having not treated it.
Posted By: newfox1

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 10:52 AM

Dr told me if I pull the ticks out soon after they attach the risk of infection is very low, when the tick is full and they detach on thier own is when the bad stuff is transferred, I check for them often, it does itch and gets red around the area if I get bit.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 12:29 PM

newfox unfortunately your Dr has not kept up with the research....google Powassin
Posted By: Clark

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 12:30 PM

I’m with MJM on this one. Every time I’ve been bit by a tick (hundreds of them over the years) they itch. For me, that itch goes away for a day or two then comes back but worse. The second phase will last about 3 days. I’ve never had lymes or any other of the tick-borne diseases.

I think everyone reacts differently to a tick bite. You may be perfectly fine, you may have lymes. However, I doubt you have anything and it’s more likely your bodies reaction to a tick bite. At this point I wouldn’t go into the doc but wait another week or so. If symptoms get worse then I think I’d pull the trigger.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 12:33 PM

We got ticks! lots of them...Like was said, transmission of lymes from deer ticks doesn't happen right away, Lone star ticks are a different matter, you get what they got right away, those are the ticks that cause the red meat allergy.
Friend of mine got Erliciosous, sp?, from a bite and ended up needing a pacemaker. I get deer tick bites often, I can tell within an hour by the itch I get, The bite mark lasts for months, and will start to itch again if you rub it.. Been tested multiple times and always negative, but have bad systemic arthritis, No one can say what caused it, but it could be Lymes I guess, no idea how reliable the tests are.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 01:07 PM

Most likely you are OK, but to be on the safe side see your doctor. They prescribe doxycycline to be on the safe side. I got anaplasmosis from a deer tick and they can infect you in 15 minutes. Lyme can be much longer to infect.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by gcs
...Like was said, transmission of lymes from deer ticks doesn't happen right away, Lone star ticks are a different matter, you get what they got right away, those are the ticks that cause the red meat allergy.

Like everything else, the science AIN'T settled;

"Currently, the CDC’s website states: “In most cases, the tick must be attached for 36 to 48 hours or more before the Lyme disease bacterium can be transmitted.”

False message
Unfortunately, this sends the false message that there is NO risk if any tick is removed within 36 to 48 hours of attachment.

This simply IS NOT TRUE!

In fact, there is ample evidence showing the risk for transmission with adult ticks begins at 24 hours in mice. But there are no studies showing the minimum attachment time for transmission of Lyme to humans—especially from nymphal ticks.

One European study documented six cases of culture-confirmed Lyme disease where tick attachment was less than six hours, and another nine cases where transmission occurred in under 24 hours.

While Lyme disease may be the most prevalent tick-borne infection, it is not the only pathogen carried by blacklegged ticks. Anaplasma, Babesia, Borreila mayonii, Borrelia miyamotoi, Ehrlichia and Powassan virus are all transmitted by the same tick that transmits Lyme. And that last one—Powassan—can be transmitted within 15 minutes.

In addition, there are at least nine other tick species in the US known to transmit pathogens to humans, many of them within 24 hours. Furthermore, many pathogens in the Rickettsia family, like Rocky Mountain spotted fever, can be deadly if not treated within the first few days.

Members of the public, as well as many healthcare professionals, are not skilled at identifying ticks or knowing how long they have been attached. Add to that the studies showing most people with Lyme never even saw the tick.

Why give the public a false sense of security?

A better message would be to simply inform the public that the chance of disease from infected ticks increases the longer they are attached and feeding. Why not just tell people to keep the tick and send it for testing if they come down with symptoms?"
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 03:16 PM

I wouldn’t worry about it. A red spot and itchyness is common after a tick bite.

Treat it the same way you’d treat a mosquito bite.

Remember how scary they made west nile sound? Now it’s Lymes.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 03:32 PM

I get lots of bug bites(blackflies in the bush in late spring mostly),I think the worst around here would be spider bites,but those are pretty rare.Wasp and hornet stings are more common than spider bites..August is the time when wasp and hornets get agressive around here.
Some people are allergic to wasp stings,and they can be life threatening.I remember when I was running a brush gang on the RR having to take a young fellow to the hospital after running into a nest of hornets and getting stung.
I think the only bug around here that could possibly transmit a disease similar to ticks is the mosquito.
Apparently the west nile virus is spread by mosquitos further south.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 11:04 PM

I'm still waiting for Hutchy's photos of the beach bums
Dave P summed up some of the fact and fiction
the pCR testing has grown great lengths in recent years so saving that tick down the road helps ID many of the other pathogens
Some ticks that were in a museum for 100 years tested with the bacteria in them even then
even Tatiana in Siberia has lost fellow researchers to Lymes

obviously JP has never meet anyone effected by West Nile virus or had anyone he know die from it. His home area the black legged ticks have a 53% lymes infection rate in their ticks
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 11:07 PM

Permethrin is your clothes friend for ticks…of course that doesn’t help much when you trap in shorts.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Permethrin is your clothes friend for ticks…of course that doesn’t help much when you trap in shorts.

Or work your bees in shorts. Got 8 deer ticks off my socks and legs from a quick trip to add a supper to a hive
and fill feeders at my out yard. I had weed eat a path 4' wide down to dirt to and around the hives. Killed 1 dog tick that was walking on top of the hive also. Tons of ticks over there.
I thought about burning that path but it's a place it could easily get out of control.

Maybe I should wear pants, jacket and a vail to work bees instead of shorts and t shirt? Not for the bees but for ticks.

Figured .bees won't like bug dope so that is out.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 11:52 PM

I use permethrin, tick clothes and tick collars on my boots.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/30/22 11:53 PM

I get lots of bug bites(blackflies in the bush in late spring mostly),I think the worst around here would be spider bites,but those are pretty rare.Wasp and hornet stings are more common than spider bites..August is the time when wasp and hornets get agressive around here.
Some people are allergic to wasp stings,and they can be life threatening.I remember when I was running a brush gang on the RR having to take a young fellow to the hospital after running into a nest of hornets and getting stung.
I think the only bug around here that could possibly transmit a disease similar to ticks is the mosquito.

Do you have any ticks at all up there, Boco?
Posted By: MTHunter

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/31/22 12:02 AM

When temps get about 40 degrees (Dr.Little), ticks climb up grass to wait for an animal to walk by. It’s called “Questing” where they grab on.

My brother in law walked through some grass with permethrin sprayed on his pants. Says he pulled three ticks off and changed clothes. The next morning he had the classic “Bullseye rash” and started antibiotics.

The CDC states about 40,000 people reported getting the disease. CDC says the number is closer to 400,000!

There have been reports of the “Lone Star Tick” moving North. Some are reporting a meat allergy after infection. Brown tick with white spot on body.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/31/22 12:07 AM

Questing can happen at -5 c (23F) if there is sunshine with Ixodes ticks
2 inches of snow keeps them under

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/31/22 01:43 AM

Thanks for the replies guys.

Have phone appointment with doctor in the am.

Will report back what he says

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/31/22 02:01 AM

Turns out the clothes wash/clothes spray permethtin stuff that kills ticks is illegal to sell in Canada...

Anyone want to mail me some of the good stuff?

Lol

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/31/22 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

Do you have any ticks at all up there, Boco?

yep,moose ticks most common.They are about the size of a nickle .When they are gorged up they are about the size of a half dollar.
Seen ticks on groundhogs mink rabbits and two years ago two beaver showed up with ticks in the district.
Lime is in deerticks about 300 miles south.
Only ticks I ever had on me was moose ticks once,but they dont bite people as far as I know.You can feel those big ticks crawling on you,I just flicked them off onto my buddy.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/31/22 02:29 AM

Did you send them a pick of the ECM to the Dr.
mine does face time when requested
too bad could have enrolled you in a test subject but all the spots are filled. Health Canada is pushing through the paper work as we speak for licencing

musky lure , dont forget

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/31/22 02:14 PM

yep,moose ticks most common.They are about the size of a nickle .When they are gorged up they are about the size of a half dollar.
Seen ticks on groundhogs mink rabbits and two years ago two beaver showed up with ticks in the district.
Lime is in deerticks about 300 miles south.
Only ticks I ever had on me was moose ticks once,but they dont bite people as far as I know.You can feel those big ticks crawling on you,I just flicked them off onto my buddy.

I was smelt fishing one day and saw a road killed moose that wasnt there an hour ago.

Darn near every square inch was covered in ticks. The moose skidded and there were so many engorged ticks that they left a big bloody streak when it skidded.

Needless to say I left that one where it fell.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/31/22 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hutchy
Originally Posted by MJM

I mean, it was on me for less than an hour. I used tweezers, but it pulled off real easy, could have done with fingernails.

It wasn't engorged at all.

Based on what I've read, the risk is super low.

If it was a black leg tick, only 2 percent in high risk areas...this one wasn't attached long, hadn't started to feed...

The risk is super duper low...

But it's still possible and I have a slightly itchy small rash. I will call my doctor in the am.

get it checked out we had them thick at scout camp 3 kids and one adult in one week are now living with lymse the adult went to the DR who blew it off no blood test he was about 40 at the time 48 now and has had arthritis symptoms for around 7 years it flairs up worse at times.

it isn't how much blood the parasites takes it is how much of it's saliva enters you

get the blood test and get it again in 6 months if you test negative now just to be sure

it's just the rest of your life , try fishing in the cold with bad arthritis , you will be headed for Florida

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/31/22 03:18 PM

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I feel for the moose and other ungulates, fight off the wolves and bears only to be driven crazy by the flies, what a life.

I am always super cautious in June here because the poor moose are driven out into the open areas along the highways trying to avoid the black flies only to have to fend off the deer flies a couple of weeks later.

They are so unpredictable this time of year, most time a moose will always want to turn back the way they came even if they make it across the blacktop. this time of the year they are googly eyed and just start running in any direction.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/31/22 07:34 PM

The Center for Disease Control says a deer tick has to be attached for 36 to 48 hrs to transmit Lyme's disease.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/31/22 07:47 PM

Hutchy,

If you are stricken with Lyme disease
and don't make it...Can I have your traps ?

w

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/31/22 07:50 PM

Go to Peavey Mart and get Bronco or Ultra Sheild Has 0.5% Permethrin.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 05/31/22 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by teepee2
The Center for Disease Control says a deer tick has to be attached for 36 to 48 hrs to transmit Lyme's disease.

LOL, as if they have ANY credibility left.

See post I made on page 2, DOCUMENTED transmission in 6 hours...

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 06/01/22 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by walleyed
Hutchy,

w

So far musky lures, and now traps are spoken for. All sauvageau and belisle conis, and Bridger footholds. A bunch of 750s too. You did well!

Surprised no one asked for my atvs, snowmobiles or boats.

I guess Boco and JP will have to thumb wrestle for em.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 06/01/22 12:16 PM

Hutchy,

w

A- your not vaxed so you can't get across the boarder
B-the Canadian inheritance tax would kill you, even to think of paying for it
C- MBcoonguy would be your best bet to send the boats since he is already positioned on a Ontario lake ( LOW Kenora)
Posted By: old243

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 06/01/22 01:36 PM

I use ultra shield, an absorbine product , has perith rine, used as a spray for horses. I spray my pant legs and boots. iT ALSO KEEPS MY HONEY BEES , FROM SNEAKING UP MY PANT LEGS, You can get , spray bottles and a 3 liter jug, at local coops.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 06/01/22 05:18 PM

Hutchy,

w

A- your not vaxed so you can't get across the boarder
B-the Canadian inheritance tax would kill you, even to think of paying for it
C- MBcoonguy would be your best bet to send the boats since he is already positioned on a Ontario lake ( LOW Kenora)

So sorry Northof50

A- walleyed is fully vaccinated for Covid and rabies
B- U.S. citizens are exempt from your punitive GST and all the other taxes you hosers pay.
C- I would give MBcoonman a 50% / 50% split to run the steel across the border.

Can't wait to set me some Canadian Steel. laugh

walleyed

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 06/02/22 02:11 AM

But Walleyed if he was on his boat that he got from Hutchy on Lake of the Woods then you would have to bet or out run Trapperles or Steven49er since its their turf running that steel across the boarder.

Hutchy what was the Dr outcome ?

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 06/02/22 09:11 AM

But Walleyed if he was on his boat that he got from Hutchy on Lake of the Woods then you would have to bet or out run Trapperles or Steven49er since its their turf running that steel across the boarder.

Hutchy what was the Dr outcome ?

Doctor was on the fence about what to do. Said yes, everything pointed to very low risk, but there still was a small chance. The longer we waited, the harder it would be to beat though.

So I'm on 21 days of antibiotics. Doc said side effects were almost nil, so why take any chances if we had the choice?

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 06/02/22 11:54 AM

It will reduce all the flora in your gut, so that takes 3-4 months to get it back being on the antibiotics.
Been there-done that.
when you are lactose intolerant does not help cause yogurt is a no-no and many pro-bionics are milk based
Posted By: cathryn

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 06/02/22 12:10 PM

The announce yesterday that our governor tested positive for Lyme disease and is now undergoing antibiotic treatment.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 06/02/22 12:20 PM

Did uou get tested?

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 06/02/22 05:31 PM

It will reduce all the flora in your gut, so that takes 3-4 months to get it back being on the antibiotics.
Been there-done that.
when you are lactose intolerant does not help cause yogurt is a no-no and many pro-bionics are milk based

Ya, I was told a probiotic afterward will be a good idea.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 06/02/22 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Did uou get tested?

No.

From what I understand it would be waste of time because the antibodies that would show up in the test wouldnt be in my system yet.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 06/02/22 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hutchy
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Did uou get tested?

No.

From what I understand it would be waste of time because the antibodies that would show up in the test wouldnt be in my system yet.

You got that timing information from a medical expert or a Trapperman expert?

Osky

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 06/02/22 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Osky
[

You got that timing information from a medical expert or a Trapperman expert?

Osky
[/quote]

Doctor. Said there wasn't much use testing yet.

Re: Tick/Lyme experts. Advice needed - 06/03/22 12:10 AM

Dr didn't even ask about a test just aske if I wanted the meds. I said" What do you think?" He said " I figured."
Sent the inbedded tick to test and it took 6 months for the results. Negative
© 2024 Trapperman Forums