Home

mulberries getting ripe here

Posted By: danny clifton

mulberries getting ripe here - 05/30/22 01:53 PM

grandson just walked in with purple lips and teeth
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 05/30/22 01:58 PM

Gonna be awhile here yet, but I'll be in the same boat when they do ripen! I never outgrew eating mulberries off the tree.
Posted By: DaveP

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 05/30/22 01:58 PM

They rarely make it to ripe here..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DWC

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 05/30/22 02:29 PM

Had one right by our house growing up. Not sure where theres one around me now. Used to put them on ice cream when i didnt eat them all before getting in the house.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 05/30/22 02:32 PM

God never invented a more insipid lousy no-account fruit. At least the birds like 'em.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 05/30/22 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
God never invented a more insipid lousy no-account fruit. At least the birds like 'em.

I used to have a giant mulberry tree in my backyard. Got tired of purple bird crap all over everything in the spring. Cut it down and burned it for firewood. It burns well and puts off incredible heat... Throws a lot of sparks though.

Mike
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 05/30/22 02:44 PM

I have 17 and love them all. 14 the birds eat the others we eat
Posted By: pintail_drake04

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 06/01/22 02:05 PM

wife and baby picked 5# yesterday. Should have had a lot more, but the rain and 30mph winds knocked most of them to the ground. Still have enough for a batch of jam.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 06/01/22 02:11 PM

Birds eat mine before their ripe most of the time
Posted By: run

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 06/01/22 05:35 PM

Beautiful people in the picture. I'm not cracked over mulberries. LOL.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 06/01/22 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
grandson just walked in with purple lips and teeth

Did the Monkey catch the Weasel? grin
Posted By: cathryn

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 06/04/22 12:24 PM

We're going to.the farm today so were.gonna check em.and see what we got going on with ours. I hope they're ripe. The black raspberries are starting to ripen
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 06/04/22 12:51 PM

If my grandma was still around she might well change your mind bud. Her mulberry preserves were a good fit for toast or biscuits and almost (almost) as good as her raspberry stuff.

Neither would last until they were ripe the next year no matter how much she put up!

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 06/04/22 12:52 PM

Pindrake your berry pickin crew photograph very well it appears you are a fortunate one
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 06/04/22 01:02 PM

they are a nuicance tree. one step better than buckthorn. I cut and treat everyone I find. Yes the birds love the berries. They crap out the seeds all over God's creaation starting new trees.

The best I can say is mulberry makes nice wood. When you cut it its green but as it oxidizes it turns a deep dark chocolate brown, nicer than walnut I think.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 06/04/22 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by pintail_drake04
wife and baby picked 5# yesterday. Should have had a lot more, but the rain and 30mph winds knocked most of them to the ground. Still have enough for a batch of jam.
[Linked Image]

Great photo

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 06/04/22 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

If my grandma was still around she might well change your mind bud. Her mulberry preserves were a good fit for toast or biscuits and almost (almost) as good as her raspberry stuff.

Neither would last until they were ripe the next year no matter how much she put up!

son was just out picking and all i heard was mmm mmm mmm

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 06/04/22 01:53 PM

pm marlon...writing now

Re: mulberries getting ripe here - 06/05/22 03:34 PM

Wishing you the best Steve, not matter what the doctors say I fall back on the thought that it is better than the alternative.

Oh, and Sal sounds like me picking berries. I come back with my teeth the same color as my fingers.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums