Re: Theodore Roosevelt - 06/01/22 03:40 AM

Watched it. Dang good show!

Moosetrot
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Theodore Roosevelt - 06/01/22 09:28 AM

Impressive. I enjoyed it.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Theodore Roosevelt - 06/01/22 05:55 PM

Watched that and Grant. We have the PBS Ken Burns program the Rooseveldts and that is well done also. Several similar sections in both.

Bryce
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Theodore Roosevelt - 06/01/22 06:41 PM

I didn't know that TR was a Progressive later in politics! Too bad.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Theodore Roosevelt - 06/01/22 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by seniortrap

NOT the kind of progressive you're thinking about. Remember, TR existed in a time of true Robber Barons, and as much as I dis-like Unions now, there was a need for them at that time, (not today). Workers were being abused and TR fought for the little guy. He always championed fairness, and favored honesty and integrity as his life and Presidency exhibited. Compare that with today's politicians.
Posted By: Owen156

Re: Theodore Roosevelt - 06/01/22 09:59 PM

He sure was a ball of fire and totally different than todays theiving politicians.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Theodore Roosevelt - 06/01/22 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by wy.wolfer
Originally Posted by seniortrap

NOT the kind of progressive you're thinking about. Remember, TR existed in a time of true Robber Barons, and as much as I dis-like Unions now, there was a need for them at that time, (not today). Workers were being abused and TR fought for the little guy. He always championed fairness, and favored honesty and integrity as his life and Presidency exhibited. Compare that with today's politicians.

Excellent summary wolfer.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Theodore Roosevelt - 06/01/22 10:47 PM

[Linked Image]
Also a Rough Rider. They don’t make Presidents like this anymore. National Parks of the west was from him as well
© 2024 Trapperman Forums