Home

Garden pics

Posted By: yotetrapper30

Garden pics - 06/04/22 03:35 PM

I didn't want to hijack Cathryn's post so thought I would make my own. Just some pics I snapped this morning.

Tomatoes and peppers. The black hoses you can see are a drip irrigation system we just installed this year.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pete's bucket maters.... Sweet 100s.

[Linked Image]

Corn with beans in the background

[Linked Image]

Strawberry bed with English peas growing along the fence in back and some cabbages growing in the blocks.

[Linked Image]

Rattlesnake beans on a hog panel trellis. Had planted some lima beans on the near side but they didn't germinate well.

[Linked Image]

Whipoorwill peas. Don't mind the weeds, it's on my to-do list for tomorrow, lol.

[Linked Image]

Young cukes which will be trained up that metal thing in the background which is a kind of trellis deal.

[Linked Image]

Garlic patch

[Linked Image]

Trying something new this year. Planting directly into bagged soil. Will see how it works. First one is muskmelon, second is Seminole winter squash.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I don't remember if this is yellow squash or zucchini (I guess I can't keep track akajust, lol)

[Linked Image]

Baby figs
[Linked Image]

And finally, just some random flowers. The one bed is a new one... it needs more plants but I'm waiting on the coneflowers to come into the store.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cathryn

Re: Garden pics - 06/04/22 04:42 PM

Nice pics. Lots of work I know
Posted By: run

Re: Garden pics - 06/04/22 04:45 PM

Thank you for sharing, Angela.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Garden pics - 06/04/22 05:03 PM

Planting in bagged soil. Interesting. Is there a purpose behind doing that?

Will be interested in knowing how it works out.

Thanks
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Garden pics - 06/04/22 05:21 PM

Very good idea , planting in the bagged soil. When plants like those need to be mounded anyway.

Nice gardening. Lots of good work. Love the flowers too.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Garden pics - 06/04/22 06:50 PM

Thanks for the tour, Angela. I did the "In the Bag" deal with some winter squash once several years ago. A good friend did it and loved it. All my squish croaked and didn't even grow a foot tall plant before they turned yellow and died. Hope your thumb is greener than mine!
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Garden pics - 06/04/22 06:54 PM

Nice garden!
Posted By: cathryn

Re: Garden pics - 06/04/22 07:21 PM

Ha e any of yall ever planted tomato plants in bales of straw? A neighbor cross the hilli did. it worked. I was surprised
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Garden pics - 06/04/22 07:31 PM

Had a friend plant potatoes in a 55 gallon contractor bag and placed it in an old wheelbarrow. Worked like a charm. Even wheeled it around for changing sun conditions
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Garden pics - 06/04/22 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
Planting in bagged soil. Interesting. Is there a purpose behind doing that?

Will be interested in knowing how it works out.

Thanks

I just did it because 1) I didn't have room in the garden for the viney things and 2) our soil sucks without a ton of amendments. The bags of soil seem to hold moisture better than just planting in the ground, AND there's no weeding, lol. I also work at Lowe's garden center and can get bags of dirt pretty cheap. We'll see how it works out.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Garden pics - 06/04/22 07:44 PM

Nice.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Garden pics - 06/04/22 08:26 PM

Holy moly! You guys are like 3 years ahead of us up here!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums