Home

Let me see if I got this straight?

Posted By: Finster

Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/05/22 11:28 PM

So, you can graduate high school, get married, have children, get drafted or sign up for the military, enter into legal contracts, and vote at 18 years of age. HOWEVER, according to the latest from the DemoRats, your brain has not developed enough for you to purchase a AR15?????????? I'll leave it there for now.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/05/22 11:30 PM

Gubmint knows best.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/05/22 11:34 PM

How do liberals keep drunk drivers from killing sober drivers? The answer is obvious to them, ban sober drivers from driving.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/05/22 11:35 PM

Gubmint knows best.

Mr. Benson, you're conflating politicians with "the government". Politicians are part of the overall government because we allow them, mostly by default or stupidly, to be so.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/05/22 11:54 PM

According to a Newsweek report, the Ulvalde shooter posessed a handgun in addition to the AR15s he had purchased legally. At 18, it was not legal for the Ulvalde shooter to have a handgun. Michael Carneal, the Heath High School shooter, used a .22 cal handgun stolen from a neighbor's garage. He was 14 at the time and killed 3 and injured 5 others. Raising the age to legally purchase a rifle will not stop the school shootings. What will stop them is securing the perimeter of the schools so shooters are denied access. However, stopping school shootings does not forward the liberal agenda of disarming the American public, so the school shootings will continue until parents take action to force local school boards to secure the schools. All the Covid money handed out to schools in 2020 and 2021 and none of it appears to have been used to improve security. It was used to build new gyms and pools, but not to protect the lives of our children. The children were not in the schools and it was the perfect opportunity, a missed opportunity.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/05/22 11:58 PM

Yet democrats think a 6 year old can make a decision on what sex they would like to be....
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 12:00 AM

Price those 2 AR's and get back to me on how this all went down. Just sayin.
Posted By: charles

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 12:12 AM

In the military you get extensive training on the use of your M-16. At the gunshop, you get a paper receipt. Not a bad law.

Were you in the military? If so, you know the hours of training we received. We were not just handed a rifle and several boxes of ammo.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by charles
In the military you get extensive training on the use of your M-16. At the gunshop, you get a paper receipt. Not a bad law.

Were you in the military? If so, you know the hours of training we received. We were not just handed a rifle and several boxes of ammo.

M16 is a little different than a sporting rifle.

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
Yet democrats think a 6 year old can make a decision on what sex they would like to be....

That one skipped my mind. Yup, forgot. You don't even have to be 18 to decide the rest of your life. DemoRats say you can do it in kindergarten
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 12:38 AM

I think this is an apples and oranges kind of comparison, charles.

on the one hand, you are training to go into actual combat. on the other, you're buying a rifle. no more, no less. why would a private sale be any different than a bolt action .22?

or for that matter, a single shot .22?
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 12:57 AM

Does being not a bad law make it a good law? In other words, would you expect this law to be effective at fixing anything?

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 01:04 AM

the untrained kid sure scared the cops..just as the untrained has scared them before.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
the untrained kid sure scared the cops..just as the untrained has scared them before.

good point, Marty!
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 01:21 AM

That same govt had issued me 2 different kinds of belt fed machine guns as personal weapons and used them in combat by the time i was 21. If you cant buy a rifle then you cant join the army. The govt doesnt get to take 17 and 18 and 19 year old kids and do as they wish if they arent considered "adults" by the same group of a holes that are starting the wars. the math dont compute here.

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 01:26 AM

20yrs old-not smart enough to be able to purchase a firearm.

4yrs old-smart enough to decide your not the sex you were born...

laugh Stupid is forever.....
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 01:37 AM

Given that we're back on this particular shooting again, isn't it interesting that with a brand new rifle (probably not cleaned) and multiple brand new mags, this "kid" never had a jam or double feed that took his rifle off line, for at least a while? He went through 2 mags while he was outside for the 5 minutes between when he crashed the truck and before he got in the school through the unsecured door. Maybe a $1,600+ AR doesn't jam or double feed right out of the box, maybe he was just "lucky" or maybe it was a well used Prexz Barry cartel AR that was well broken in...
Posted By: yask65

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 01:50 AM

Then the dust he bag chief of police wouldn’t go inside to smoke the idiot . A teachers husband who is a border patrol agent and a work companion came in and killed the bad guy . That chief of police needs to loose his job along with his fellow officers .
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 02:26 AM

That training involves the function and use of a battle rifle... How to utilize the platform effectively as an instrument of warfare. And you are taught basic rules of safe handling to keep from injuring yourself or others.

None of that training would have prevented or dissuaded this piece of trash from murdering 21 people.

I don't know how he got the handgun. But I am assuming he must've passed the NICS check to acquire the rifle.

The Vegas shooter passed multiple background checks to get his weapons. Spotlessly clean until he flipped his lid.

The shooter in Tulsa passed the NICS check.

Their system has failed multiple times. And they keep telling us with more infringement that they'll get it right.

The "professionals" they admonish us to let handle our safety... They sat on their keisters while this piece of garbage murdered 21. But I'm supposed to willingly turn in my hardware and give them another chance to do nothing?

Do you actually read the drivel you type? Do you apply any critical thinking skills?

In case you haven't noticed, we are on our own. No one is coming to save you. But you go right ahead and keep believing the assurances of a man who doesn't know what day of the week it is. You can turn in your hardware anytime you like... But don't expect me to follow suit.

Mike
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 02:41 AM

My 14 year old has his AR in his safe in his bedroom.

It depends on the kid. The age should however stay 18.

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

That training involves the function and use of a battle rifle... How to utilize the platform effectively as an instrument of warfare. And you are taught basic rules of safe handling to keep from injuring yourself or others.

None of that training would have prevented or dissuaded this piece of trash from murdering 21 people.

I don't know how he got the handgun. But I am assuming he must've passed the NICS check to acquire the rifle.

The Vegas shooter passed multiple background checks to get his weapons. Spotlessly clean until he flipped his lid.

The shooter in Tulsa passed the NICS check.

Their system has failed multiple times. And they keep telling us with more infringement that they'll get it right.

The "professionals" they admonish us to let handle our safety... They sat on their keisters while this piece of garbage murdered 21. But I'm supposed to willingly turn in my hardware and give them another chance to do nothing?

Do you actually read the drivel you type? Do you apply any critical thinking skills?

In case you haven't noticed, we are on our own. No one is coming to save you. But you go right ahead and keep believing the assurances of a man who doesn't know what day of the week it is. You can turn in your hardware anytime you like... But don't expect me to follow suit.

Mike

A long winded X2 .... wink
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Finster
So, you can graduate high school, get married, have children, get drafted or sign up for the military, enter into legal contracts, and vote at 18 years of age. HOWEVER, according to the latest from the DemoRats, your brain has not developed enough for you to purchase a AR15?????????? I'll leave it there for now.

Reminds me of a political cartoon when I was in high school.......two G.I.'s were carrying a litter off the battlefield with a dead soldier on it. One asked the other "Wonder who he voted for? The other G.I. answered back "Nobody, he wasn't old enough to vote". Making 21 the legal age to buy/own any type of gun is bullsh**!
Posted By: Quartermastersir

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 03:51 AM

Was at a graduation last night and this was offered up into our discussion on this subject-with a military ID you get to vote, buy guns, drink, etc etc etc, all others have to wait till they are 21.

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 11:30 AM

If they make it 21 for a rifle, then everything should be 21. The right to vote, enter into contracts, serve in the military among other "adult" things.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 11:37 AM

We're fiddling while Rome burns fellow trappers, and squabbling over age, or gun type is just another fiddler's tune.

Play it again Sam.

And again.

And again.

And again.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Squash

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 12:19 PM

My Father taught me gun safety when I was around 8 years old. You do not need to have been in the military to be taught proper gun handling and safety. I’d bet the the vast majority of law abiding safe handling gun owners have not been in the military. So just more evidence of the consequences of the break down of the family unit.
Also, the NRA has had gun safety programs for children for many years, but the NRA is bad.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 12:34 PM

Rifle training has nothing at all to do with being mentally deranged and wanting to shoot up a school. The training I had would have just made him a better shot. I dont remember anybody telling us not to shoot little kids at the local elementary school. I guess that ought to be taught in hunter safety now?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 01:02 PM

Human life has been so devalued in so many ways in recent history that people stand upon their belief that their rights rise above anyone else's, and so to enter into a discussion about plan of action regrading most subjects these days falls upon deaf ears. People are king and or queen or both of their own hill.

When someone has a selfish personal bubble inflated all around their beliefs they're not as apt to give a hoot about what others do/care about/believe in.
It's called respect and honor and boy-o-boy how many among us find these particular categories irrelevant these days.
Selfishness breeds contempt and mistrust rather than respect and honor.

Isn't it quite refreshing to meet a person of integrity these days!

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by yask65
Then the dust he bag chief of police wouldn’t go inside to smoke the idiot . A teachers husband who is a border patrol agent and a work companion came in and killed the bad guy . That chief of police needs to loose his job along with his fellow officers .

X2
Posted By: riverratdm

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? - 06/06/22 04:37 PM

You can only have the gooberment give a gun to you.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums