Home

Snake tongs ???

Posted By: Scuba1

Snake tongs ??? - 06/06/22 04:33 PM

What brand do you use ? Cant find the ones that I used back on the other side of the pond and trying to fiddle around with a snake hook in the shed to get them out of the nooks and crannies behind shelves etc. if for the birds. Had to catch 3 in the last couple of days. So I think a pair of tongs is on the cards now to make it a little easier and quicker. ...... I know I know, a 12 gauge is even quicker but its not the way I handle those legless critters.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Snake tongs ??? - 06/06/22 04:38 PM

I think I use the ones FnT sell, I think its FnT but if they dont carry them then I got them from MTP
Posted By: doublesettrigger

Re: Snake tongs ??? - 06/06/22 04:54 PM

Pillstrom
Posted By: wytex

Re: Snake tongs ??? - 06/06/22 05:03 PM

https://tongs.com/product-category/snake-tongs/mt-standard-series/

I like the ones with all the cables inside the tube.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Snake tongs ??? - 06/06/22 05:04 PM

https://www.ketch-all.com/snake-tongs/
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Snake tongs ??? - 06/06/22 05:22 PM

I agree with wytex. I use 'em pretty much every day.

Jack

Re: Snake tongs ??? - 06/06/22 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gulo
I agree with wytex. I use 'em pretty much every day.

Jack

Thank you good folks. Just ordered one of them in 40"
Posted By: Hanger

Re: Snake tongs ??? - 06/06/22 07:15 PM

We don’t use “tongs” just use a old golf putter with 1/4 cold role L shaped at the end. Pin the head, grab the head. Sometimes I feel the locking tongs are to tight. Most snakes get a relocated, cotton mouths do not.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Snake tongs ??? - 06/06/22 07:38 PM

https://www.aestoney.com/product/snake-tongs/
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Snake tongs ??? - 06/06/22 08:36 PM

Scuba, I have one of the heavy duty tongues that Angela linked you too. They are great for what they are, but even though I take them on all calls the hook is what I use the most. A little bit of extra grip on your end can damage the slim on the other when using the tongues.

Warrior, I like the idea of the poly hook. Mine is a homemade hook and I have been looking to upgrade and look more professional (not that that really matters most folks wouldn't care what I got the evil snake with laugh ). Any way what model would you recommend for smalls up to a 4 or 5ft timber?
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Snake tongs ??? - 06/06/22 08:51 PM

^
Posted By: warrior

Re: Snake tongs ??? - 06/06/22 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew Eastwood
Scuba, I have one of the heavy duty tongues that Angela linked you too. They are great for what they are, but even though I take them on all calls the hook is what I use the most. A little bit of extra grip on your end can damage the slim on the other when using the tongues.

Warrior, I like the idea of the poly hook. Mine is a homemade hook and I have been looking to upgrade and look more professional (not that that really matters most folks wouldn't care what I got the evil snake with laugh ). Any way what model would you recommend for smalls up to a 4 or 5ft timber?

Never, used a poly one though I definitely can see the advantage but I do to much flipping to trust a poly one. I really should get me one of the stump rippers. My main hook is an old furmont hook with titanium hook. It was the Cadillac hook of it's time when they were made by Dr Fuhrman in Texas. That Stoney I linked to was one of his students and employees.

I've done told the missus to slip my hook into my casket when that time comes.

For the big hots I use hook and tong. Tong to immobilize and hook to support.

Re: Snake tongs ??? - 06/06/22 09:18 PM

I made a hook like I used to have , made out of a golf bat and a paint roller. It works well outside but them black rat snakes in a shed are a different story. jars on the shelves etc. I'll probably end up dipping the jaws of the thing in liquid rubber. ( the stuff one uses for tool handles etc, to take the edge of those things.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums