Home

McCloskey's punished again...

Posted By: Marty

McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 05:52 PM

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear an appeal from a St. Louis couple who could face indefinite suspension of their law licenses after they waved guns at a racial justice protest outside their home in 2020.

Mark McCloskey, a personal injury attorney and Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate in Missouri, and his wife, Patricia McCloskey, drew national attention for walking onto their front yard with guns during a protest of the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

Mark McCloskey pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge and Patricia McCloskey pleaded guilty to misdemeanor harassment. Missouri Gov. Michael Parson pardoned the McCloskeys in 2021, but the state office responsible for investigating allegations of misconduct by lawyers sought to suspend their law licenses.

The Supreme Court of Missouri in February agreed to suspend the licenses indefinitely but stayed the suspensions and placed the two lawyers on probation for a year. Conditions of the probation included that the McCloskeys provide quarterly reports to a probation monitor – including whether they are charged with additional crimes – and 100 hours of free legal services.

In their appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court, the McCloskeys argued that the state court's ruling violated their Second Amendment rights and their rights to due process because they were "exercising lawful rights to bear arms in defense of their person, family, and home."
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 05:58 PM

And there you have it. Better make a big splash when you jump in because it will be the only jump you get.

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 06:01 PM

They should have never took the plea deal.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Marty

I agree
Posted By: hippie

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 06:39 PM

This, if you're right don't take a plea.
Posted By: Boco

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 07:11 PM

You cant go around waving guns and threatening unarmed peaceful protesters.
They watched too many John Wayne movies.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

Exactly. Because John Wayne regularly threatened peaceful protesters
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 07:36 PM

Them two are regular Bonnie and Clyde's, robbing poor protesters as they pass by.
Posted By: Kart29

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 07:48 PM

I don't think you're a moron... so you must be intentionally making galactically stupid comments for the purpose of stimulating conversation. This one should be fun to watch.

crazy
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

If they had plead not guilty they would have gone to trial and could have gone to prison whether they were right or wrong. Criminal cases are unpredictable and sometimes innocent people are found guilty, especially when you're a target of political pressure to get a conviction. They plead guilty to eliminate any possibility of prison time.

But now, the stakes are lower, suspension of a law license for one year. And, that has already been imposed. If they lose, they're right where they are now so there's no reason not to fight it.
Posted By: G Hose

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
And there you have it. Better make a big splash when you jump in because it will be the only jump you get.

Yeap
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

I agree

Posted By: TC1

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kart29

I don't think you're a moron... so you must be intentionally making galactically stupid comments for the purpose of stimulating conversation. This one should be fun to watch.

crazy

Never underestimate the moronic views of some people!!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 09:38 PM

Peaceful protestors, who broke down a gate into a gated community. The idiocracy never slows down.
Posted By: Finster

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 10:14 PM

crazy

Congrat's Boco The count now is 9824 to 1

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/06/22 11:35 PM

OK einsteins-tell me why they were charged and made a plea deal and found guilty if they are allowed to do that then?
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 12:32 AM

He should have been convicted for not telling his wife to go inside when she held her gun like an idiot. [Linked Image]

Oh yeah, McCloskey is another opportunist "republican." Lifelong democrat running as a republican.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 01:12 AM

I hope you were joking about unarmed peaceful protests. You sound like the liberal media calling the 2020 riots mostly peaceful while buildings were burning all around them. Sheesh!
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 01:14 AM

OK einsteins-tell me why they were charged and made a plea deal and found guilty if they are allowed to do that then?

Because we are a nation of "lawyers" -- actual laws and common sense have left us.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by hippie

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
If they had plead not guilty they would have gone to trial and could have gone to prison whether they were right or wrong. Criminal cases are unpredictable and sometimes innocent people are found guilty, especially when you're a target of political pressure to get a conviction. They plead guilty to eliminate any possibility of prison time.

But now, the stakes are lower, suspension of a law license for one year. And, that has already been imposed. If they lose, they're right where they are now so there's no reason not to fight it.

We no longer have 3 branches of government. The judicial branch was the last to collapse. There is neither evidence nor jury presented that is not tainted with politics. This eliminates any possibility for a fair trial.

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 02:30 AM

Well, the Kenosha kid was acquitted and he did not punk out and cop a plea....how dat happen? 'They' wanted to convict him badly....had orgasms dreamin about his conviction.

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 02:33 AM

Self defence against armed assailant is not illegal,a bit different than threatening peaceful protesters.

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 02:38 AM

As was mentioned already the protesters broke down a gate to enter that area...that is not a peaceful action. The freedom truckers were peaceful but you were for them being trampled by horses because they supposedly caused your daughter to miss a day of work... laugh

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 02:39 AM

So?
You cant go around threatening people with guns for breaking a fence and kicking over a few garbage cans-what are you chickens---?

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 02:50 AM

you have zero credibility, boco.
Posted By: yousowise

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 03:04 AM

I don’t know standing on your own property warning people to not come closer isn’t necessarily threatening innocent protesters in my opinion. The wife definitely needs some gun handling instructions, but when you feel threatened you point guns at people, cops do it all the time.

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 03:13 AM

You cannot explain why they were convicted if they were in the right therefore you have no credibility.

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 03:19 AM

Well, they were never convicted.

You cannot explain why they were convicted if they were in the right therefore you have no credibility.

Well, they were never convicted. So, there is that.... laugh
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 03:22 AM

Boco, come far enough south ; I'd love to show you the difference between a "peaceful protest" and an assault . Don't be shy.

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 03:27 AM

Spin it how you like,they pled guilty and were convicted.
I feel sorry for you if those clowns are your heroes,lol.

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
Boco, come far enough south ; I'd love to show you the difference between a "peaceful protest" and an assault . Don't be shy.

Lots of puffers on the internet.
So you think those two were assaulted? who was charged with assaulting them-they were the ones charged with assault.
Maybe you need to know the difference.

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 03:29 AM

Same goes.

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 03:33 AM

Just stating the facts.

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 03:35 AM

pleading guilty is not a conviction, words matter....zero credibility for you... laugh

you supported peaceful protesters being run down by horses when it suited you... smile

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 03:40 AM

No, you're not. You're just inserting yourself into something that is several steps removed from anything you have any clue about. You're pretty insulated in a safe zone.

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 03:49 AM

I am a member on this board like everyone else-tough bananas if you dont like the facts.
Posted By: Posco

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 03:52 AM

Do 1st Nations people have any gun rights caucasians don't enjoy up there, Robert?

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 03:52 AM

pleading guilty is not a conviction, words matter....zero credibility for you... laugh

you supported peaceful protesters being run down by horses when it suited you... smile

Bull,they made their point but were too stupid to know it.People have freedom here-the freedom to go to work and earn a living without having their freedoms infringed.Just like the protesters had the freedom to protest-but not trample other peoples freedoms.

So zero credibility for you.

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 03:55 AM

Bull,they made their point but were too stupid to know it.People have freedom here-the freedom to go to work and earn a living without having their freedoms infringed.Just like the protesters had the freedom to protest-but not trample other peoples freedoms.
They had support from me and a lot of others when they went thru all the towns on their protest.But then foreign instigators got involved and turned it into a shite show and their support evaporated.

And answer me this einstein-what were they pardoned for if they werent convicted of anything.?

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 04:00 AM

Goodnite girls,its been a blast.

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 04:03 AM

The only thing that evaporated for the freedom truckers was their rights....that was supported buy you.

The couple plead guilty and were sentenced but they were never convicted by a jury.
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 04:04 AM

i have a business associate who lives on the same street as the Mccloskeys and speak with him daily. he was home when the event took place and watched it all transpire. It was not a peaceful protest and only a retard would belive otherwise.

ol dad

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 04:35 AM

smile
Posted By: Finster

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 10:45 AM

Well, the Kenosha kid was acquitted and he did not punk out and cop a plea....how dat happen? 'They' wanted to convict him badly....had orgasms dreamin about his conviction.

Had there not been overwhelming video evidence, that kid would be on death row right now.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 11:51 AM

So you think those two were assaulted? who was charged with assaulting them-they were the ones charged with assault.
Maybe you need to know the difference.

Making more friends in here I see Bozo. Hahahaaaaaaa grin
Posted By: Kart29

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 03:16 PM

crazy

OK. So, maybe I was wrong. crazy
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 09:12 PM

I will never understand the Canadian/Britain anti-right to self-defense. Very bizarre thinking. I guess that is why we kicked their butt in the Revolutionary War. The Colonist didn’t understand or like it either.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/07/22 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

I agree

But they did. typical for a couple of lawers that were weasleing out for the easy ending. They didn't think it thru at all.
Posted By: wytex

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/08/22 02:16 PM

Man oh man, did any of you watch this happen live? I did. The gate was not broken they walked right in.
Peaceful protest is legal but that was far from not intimidating and peaceful.

Both sides were wrong on that whole display of "rights" in our country.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/08/22 02:26 PM

I believe that was private property in a gated community, you can't protest on private property. When told to leave they should have left or been arrested for trespassing. I would never had plead guilty to anything.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: McCloskey's punished again... - 06/08/22 09:32 PM

Exactly!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums