Home

1000% tax on AR15s

Posted By: sneaky

1000% tax on AR15s - 06/07/22 06:12 PM

Good ol Don Beyer from Virginia thinks he's got it all figured out. Wants to slap a 1000% tax on AR15s. What is in the water in VA these days? Actually it's any "weapon of war". That's a pretty broad term. He's trying to push it through with only a simple majority vote as well. Let's see if anyone is stupid enough to co-sponsor the bill.
Posted By: Kart29

Re: 1000% tax on AR15s - 06/07/22 06:33 PM

And that's how they do it. Nobody is going to come knocking on your door asking you to turn in your weapons. Along with civil products liability for manufacturers, they will tax and regulate firearms ownership into oblivion. And, I'm pretty sure that will be allowed by the constitution. The Heller decisions specifically stated that while the right to keep and bare arms is an individual right, ownership may be "regulated".

I don't think these excessive taxes and regulations will eliminate private gun ownership immediately. It will take a long time - at least one full generation, before legal, private ownership of firearms is practically non-existent - at least by the common man. Some of the super wealthy may be willing to pay the excessive taxes and comply with the overbearing regulations. But eventually they will strangulate the right to the point where it is essentially meaningless.

You and I won't pay the taxes on our guns, but our children or grand-children will eventually turn them in rather than worry about suffering the severe penalties for being in possession of ol' grandad's unregistered guns.

It's time - just a matter of time.
Posted By: Kart29

Re: 1000% tax on AR15s - 06/07/22 06:40 PM

I don't think a 1000% tax is likely, right off the bat. But I don't doubt it could eventually go that high or higher. Add to that the application fees, processing delays, storage requirements, inspection requirements, insurance requirements, psychological evaluation requirements, ammunition taxes and limitations... ad infinitum.
Posted By: Guss

Re: 1000% tax on AR15s - 06/07/22 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Kart29
I don't think a 1000% tax is likely, right off the bat. But I don't doubt it could eventually go that high or higher. Add to that the application fees, processing delays, storage requirements, inspection requirements, insurance requirements, psychological evaluation requirements, ammunition taxes and limitations... ad infinitum.

Leave it to the demonrats they will find a way to make owning a firearm
expensive.
Posted By: Squash

Re: 1000% tax on AR15s - 06/07/22 07:58 PM

They will have to change the definition of an assault rifle in NY. According to SAFE Act definition of AR if you remove the pistol grip and replace it with what is called a spur, and do not have a detachable mag , or flash hider , bayonet lug, or adjustable stock, etc.. it is not classified as a Assault rifle.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: 1000% tax on AR15s - 06/07/22 08:05 PM

And how would they ever enforce this?
I think some on here sit around and dream up BS.
How could they ever even consider enforcing it?
If you believe in your town, city, county that they would send someone to your house, enter against your will, to take inventory of what you own or don’t own; then I believe I’d be finding me another town, city, county to live. It may happen up North, but that wouldn’t hunt down here and most politicians know it.
Y’all would more than likely see a civil war than anything like a Germany situation of going house to house collecting weapons.
Posted By: Marty

Re: 1000% tax on AR15s - 06/07/22 08:11 PM

before you purge a group of people it is best to disarm them....
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: 1000% tax on AR15s - 06/07/22 08:15 PM

Hard to disarm folks that spend hundreds of dollars on the weekends just shooting paper. Imagine if they had a real target and a purpose for all that practice, lol.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: 1000% tax on AR15s - 06/08/22 12:37 AM

Can't we use the libtard abortion argument that ppl will just build them using coat hangers and sell them in dark alleys?
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: 1000% tax on AR15s - 06/08/22 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
And how would they ever enforce this?
I think some on here sit around and dream up BS.
How could they ever even consider enforcing it?
If you believe in your town, city, county that they would send someone to your house, enter against your will, to take inventory of what you own or don’t own; then I believe I’d be finding me another town, city, county to live. It may happen up North, but that wouldn’t hunt down here and most politicians know it.
Y’all would more than likely see a civil war than anything like a Germany situation of going house to house collecting weapons.

As much as it troubles me to even think this: I dont look for any authority to enter your home to "seize" any gun, but when you are out at the public range shooting or travelling on the public roadways with a weapon that's deemed "illegal" it will seized if discovered, such as a traffic stop or road check.

I sure hope I am wrong about this, but it sure seems more possible for this crap now. Uugghh!
Posted By: danvee

Re: 1000% tax on AR15s - 06/08/22 01:52 AM

My guess it will get sponsored It will raise money for the gubment and the antis will thing the shootings will stop.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: 1000% tax on AR15s - 06/08/22 02:55 AM

I saw one representative suggest gun stores simply sell a candy bar with the gun to avoid the tax. Candy bars are $900 or whatever the cost of the gun is, then you get a gun for $1 and the tax on the gun is $10.

Same thing currently happening in places selling marijuana, or they're selling a t-shirt and giving away free marijuana.

Like Leftlane said, give em a dose of their own medicine.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: 1000% tax on AR15s - 06/08/22 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by tlguy
I saw one representative suggest gun stores simply sell a candy bar with the gun to avoid the tax. Candy bars are $900 or whatever the cost of the gun is, then you get a gun for $1 and the tax on the gun is $10.

Same thing currently happening in places selling marijuana, or they're selling a t-shirt and giving away free marijuana.

Like Leftlane said, give em a dose of their own medicine.

I like it lol. Gun case is $1k and the gun is $1.

Every single person has someone in their past or present with an axe to grind. They don't have to come do a search. Someone will get mad at you about something and make a phone call. Same way they do with red flag laws.
Posted By: MJM

Re: 1000% tax on AR15s - 06/08/22 02:05 PM

So what they are saying is if you have enough money you can own them? That should help.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums