Home

FTA Trappers College

Posted By: CJonesFTA

FTA Trappers College - 06/08/22 02:24 PM

FTA Trappers College will take place September 11-17, 2022 in Wolcottville, IN. Tuition for 2022 is $1,550.00 and includes lodging, meals, instruction and more. This program is geared toward all level of trappers. For more information visit: http://www.furtakersofamerica.com/college.html OR visit the FTA page on Facebook and check out previous College photo albums. Feel free to message me with any questions!

There will be a tuition increase in 2023 to $1,850.00, so if you are on the fence about going this year, get your registration and deposit in to save some $$$.

Attached picture 2021 Pic 2.jpg
Attached picture 2021 Pic 1.jpg
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: FTA Trappers College - 06/08/22 03:37 PM

Great experience, class of '85!
Posted By: loosanarrow

Re: FTA Trappers College - 06/09/22 03:23 AM

I removed a beaver from a clarifying pond at the Wolcottville water treatment facility last summer.

Is there a discount if I only live 15 minutes away and don’t need food/lodging?
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: FTA Trappers College - 06/09/22 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by loosanarrow
I removed a beaver from a clarifying pond at the Wolcottville water treatment facility last summer.

Is there a discount if I only live 15 minutes away and don’t need food/lodging?

Do you know the local game warden, Todd Lange? He would be the one to answer that question. He is in charge of the college, and the buck stops with him. Hope you can go, and if you do, look me up and introduce yourself!
Posted By: E.J. Kelley

Re: FTA Trappers College - 06/09/22 12:07 PM

Thanks for posting this Christina! See ya soon in Kansas.
Posted By: Tom Fisher

Re: FTA Trappers College - 06/09/22 01:36 PM

I had a great time when I went, a lot of the instructors that I had have gone, if I lived 15 minutes away I would be like the relative that won't leave!
Posted By: MChewk

Re: FTA Trappers College - 06/09/22 10:52 PM

TTT
Posted By: loosanarrow

Re: FTA Trappers College - 06/10/22 02:15 AM

I don’t know Officer Lang, but I have heard his name. I try not to bother the COs unless it warrants a call to dispatch - they are typically very busy around here. I do know a few other local officers, so I can probably manage to talk to him. Thanks Lee!
Posted By: MinkGuy

Re: FTA Trappers College - 06/10/22 02:23 AM

The decision to attend was one I've never regretted. I was in a class with many good people and I've kept in contact with many of them. The instructors taught me many ways of doing things better and ideas that have made life easier. I may attend again someday. For what it is worth the FTA Trapper's College gets a complete endorsement from me.
Posted By: E.J. Kelley

Re: FTA Trappers College - 06/10/22 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by MinkGuy
The decision to attend was one I've never regretted. I was in a class with many good people and I've kept in contact with many of them. The instructors taught me many ways of doing things better and ideas that have made life easier. I may attend again someday. For what it is worth the FTA Trapper's College gets a complete endorsement from me.

Thankyou Mink Guy! The instructors enjoyed having you there, as with all students!

Re: FTA Trappers College - 06/10/22 05:07 PM

TTT
Posted By: MinkGuy

Re: FTA Trappers College - 06/12/22 04:01 AM

I liked the structure and the content. We ate well also! Brian Mohn and I rode there together which made the trip enjoyable as well. It was nice to learn from all of the instructors and the history behind the college and the alumni I've since met are additional benefits.

Re: FTA Trappers College - 06/12/22 06:22 PM

TTT
© 2024 Trapperman Forums