Home

ukraine not news anymore.....

Posted By: Marty

ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 10:38 AM

as soon as the 40 billion gift to uke passed the uke war story sorta went bye-bye...or am I imagining that?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 10:46 AM

Probably because people are wondering why we can send 40 billion to Ukraine to protect Ukrainians but we can't come up with the funds to secure our schools or our borders.
Posted By: nh toe pincher

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton
Probably because people are wondering why we can send 40 billion to Ukraine to protect Ukrainians but we can't come up with the funds to secure our schools or our borders.

exactly. and im pretty sure that was the second 40 billion dollar "donation"

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 10:55 AM

58 rubles to one US dollar today. Was mid 70's to one US dollar when uke conflict started.

Those sanctions are hitting us hard....fjb&co.

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 10:56 AM

I think it is 60 billion from USA to uke, total right now.....
Posted By: Jiggamitch

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 11:03 AM

They voted down the school security bill the same day they approved the 40 billion to Ukraine. 9 billion of which was for Ukrainian politician's salaries and pension.
Posted By: Osky

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 11:11 AM

It’s no longer become the profitable distraction it was not long ago. Those who profit thru back channels are taken care of, insuring a future of wealth for themselves should the swing in voting happen this fall.
How in the world can that much of our money be sent/spent somewhere with one side of the aisle demanding there be no oversite authority in charge?

Osky

Sorta makes you wonder kind of like when someone’s husband is arrested for drunk driving and causing an accident and within days all charges dropped???
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 11:34 AM

Lining the pockets
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 11:50 AM

Well, you don't get much for $60 billion these days. Especially when none of it needs to be accounted for.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 11:51 AM

A corrupt government stealing from its people for their own wealth. And I'm not talking Ukraine. And they wants us to believe they have our best intrest in mind as they steal from us. And I lot of people can't see why they want our guns.....
It's dangerous to rob an armed person
Posted By: run

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 12:05 PM

You can still follow Ukraine news. But I get your point.
Posted By: wr otis

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 02:26 PM

Probably the polling numbers showed Ukraine was going to make Joe look bad yet again.

It seems our government was of the belief that Russia would steam roll Ukraine. And there was no point in getting to involved initially. Then they were in a jam when Ukrainians didn't fold like a book, and had to help them to keep up the US's image.

What happened to the long dark winter of death for the unvaccinated? Same crap, didn't poll well and disappeared.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 02:37 PM

That's a good point.
Also, could Joe be worried if he doesn't support Ukraine financially will Zelensky spill the beans about how when Joe was VP, he wouldn't give Zelensky money unless he fired the prosecutor who was investigating Hunter? Which Zelensky did. The prosecutor was fired and Ukraine got the money.
Posted By: wr otis

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 02:49 PM

Somebody else was president in Ukraine at that time.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by wr otis
Somebody else was president in Ukraine at that time.

Sorry. I thought it was Zelensky. Whoever it was I have seen a video where Joe tells some of his cronies that he was withholding the money for Ukraine unless the prosecutor was fired. He told the president of Ukraine at the time. Then Joe said, "Within hours, the SOB was fired!"
Posted By: Posco

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by wr otis
Probably the polling numbers showed Ukraine was going to make Joe look bad yet again.

It seems our government was of the belief that Russia would steam roll Ukraine. And there was no point in getting to involved initially. Then they were in a jam when Ukrainians didn't fold like a book, and had to help them to keep up the US's image.

What happened to the long dark winter of death for the unvaccinated? Same crap, didn't poll well and disappeared.

That would be my guess.
Posted By: Boco

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 03:52 PM

Freedom is expensive.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
as soon as the 40 billion gift to uke passed the uke war story sorta went bye-bye...or am I imagining that?

Its gay pride this month.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 04:17 PM

Much of the "money" being given to Ukraine is being paid directly to the arms companies supplying weaponry, mercenaries and expert trainers that get sent to Ukraine.

Keith

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7

That's a good point.
Also, could Joe be worried if he doesn't support Ukraine financially will Zelensky spill the beans about how when Joe was VP, he wouldn't give Zelensky money unless he fired the prosecutor who was investigating Hunter? Which Zelensky did. The prosecutor was fired and Ukraine got the money.

I dont think he has too worry much. A lot of beans have been spilled and nothing is done about it. Over and over again.
Posted By: KOSOI

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/09/22 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
A corrupt government stealing from its people for their own wealth. And I'm not talking Ukraine. And they wants us to believe they have our best intrest in mind as they steal from us. And I lot of people can't see why they want our guns.....
It's dangerous to rob an armed person

It's very simple. those who want to take guns away from the population know that in the near future the situation will be even worse. so they are afraid of mass unrest among the population.

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/11/22 06:47 PM

I think everyone already knows this news.
Two British nationals and a Moroccan were sentenced to death for mercenarism by the Supreme Court of the Donetsk People's Republic.

Aiden Aslin and Sean Pinner surrendered in Mariupol in mid-April, Brahim Saadoun - in March in Volnovakha.

They are accused of mercenarism and committing acts aimed at seizing power and overthrowing the constitutional order of the DNR.
Posted By: waggler

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/11/22 07:16 PM

Apparently Americans have moved on from the Ukraine situation. We are interested in more important things like Johnny Depp and monkey pox.

Here's an interesting recent development though (if you're still interested in such things).
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...ng-russian-troop-systematic-rape-stories

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/11/22 07:28 PM

Mark, do you really believe that? No Russian soldier would do that, because he knows he would be shot on sight for that.
You are well brainwashed.
Posted By: waggler

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/11/22 07:31 PM

^^^^^^
KOSOI, did you read the article?
It states that the rape stories are fiction, just propaganda put forward by a Ukrainian official.

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/11/22 07:44 PM

I'm sorry... I didn't read to the end. My bad.
Posted By: spjones

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/11/22 08:09 PM

The”ghost of kiev” and leaking radiation sites all made up story’s as well

Trumpeted by western media

It’ll be interesting what other false statements have been made
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/11/22 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by spjones

like Cheronybl?

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 02:14 AM

In fact, a lot of fictitious stories are told to you by the Western media. what do you think they do it for? what purpose do they have in mind?
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by KOSOI
In fact, a lot of fictitious stories are told to you by the Western media. what do you think they do it for? what purpose do they have in mind?

The same reasons they do it in Russia and every other country. Every country does propaganda and eveyone these their country doesn't.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by KOSOI

Sway public opinion so they can funnel more cash that ends up back into their pockets. What have we given Ukraine now 60 billion. Plus lots of arms. For what where did it go where is the accountability?

Governments always need a bad guy to keep the people afraid and gain nlmorw money and power.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 04:32 AM

I haven't said much about the Ukrainian war for the while but the slow "grind" continues. Zelinsky and some of the UAF leaders have admitted that the Ukies are taking somewhere between 300-500 casualties a day, including up to 100 "non returnable". I saw Sniffy today continue to blame the war on many of the economic issues in the U.S., so wouldn't it be in everyone's interest to stop the fighting and negotiate something..? Oh no, h*** no, too much money to be made making and supplying arms, sort of like what Keith C said his "arms dealer" acquaintance told him, multi-year contracts are out and they're in it for the long haul.

Here are some of the "best of" collection of Rus captured U.S./NATO small arms from the past 3 weeks or so. I know, I know, just Russian propaganda, all of the arms we send the UAF get used against bad, mad Vlald's guys with a 1:1 kill ratio, none are never captured. At least the Browning Ma Deuce gunner got off a belt or two before he was taken out or skedaddled...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 04:42 AM

Some interesting analysis from a couple of days back, two sources:

"Russian journalist Alexander Kots, a war reporter with over 20 years of experience in Kosovo, Afghanistan, Chechnya, Libya, Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Donbass & Karabakh, streamed a Q&A session about the war yesterday; here's a thread with a summary of what he said:

- The Ukrainians have excellent artillery training & equipment

- The AFU emphasize small unit tactics; this slowed down the Russian advance in the beginning of the war

- The Russian offensive routes largely matched with those the Ukrainians trained for in NATO exercises

- The border regions were full of photo traps & other surveillance equipment that gave the Ukrainians a good idea of what was happening militarily

- Even a full liberation of the DPR & LPR won't secure Donetsk from Ukrainian shelling bc of long-range weapon systems

- The seemingly senseless shelling of Donetsk is explained by Ukrainian attempts to cause discontent among civilians in the sense that the Russian Armed Forces cannot protect them

- The capture of Lisichansk will mark the full liberation of the LPR

- "Small cauldron" tactics & the slow advances are deliberate, but not the tactics of choice; Russians are advancing at best with a 1:1 ratio and often against a numerically superior enemy

- Prisoner exchanges are still taking place, but not mass exchanges, 15 for 15, 30 for 30

- The Ukrainian army generally refuses to pick up their dead despite being offered ceasefires to do so

- The average level of experience in the AFU has dropped significantly since the start of the war, it's now 20% professionals and 80% conscripts

- Ukrainian infantry is of very low quality in terms of training & morale; their artillery & special forces are decent

- The Ukrainians generally don't accept close quarter combat and retreat instead, but they usually do so in an organized manner

- The volunteers from all over Russia who are trained in Gudermes (Chechnya) are doing quite well in the war

- This scale of combat is seen for the first time since WW2; Kots has never worked in a conflict of this intensity

- Russia is not at war with Ukraine, but with the entire NATO infrastructure: intelligence, satellites, communications, military equipment, counter-battery systems, electronic warfare systems

- "Bayraktars" are absolute crap, they're fish in a barrel for any decent anti-air

- The Ukrainians are having problems with some munitions, e.g. their Smerch & Uragan MLRS systems rarely fire in volleys nowadays, mostly single shots

- Ukrainian artillery is often the only thing slowing down Russian advances

- Securing Donbass won't automatically win the war"

Another one:

🇷🇺🇺🇦 The British Independent, citing an intelligence report, provides great analytics on the balance of Russian and Ukrainian forces.

▪️Ukrainian troops are 20 times inferior to Russian troops in artillery, 40 times in ammunition, and 12 times in range.

▪️The Ukrainian side has almost completely run out of missiles for the Smerch and Uragan MLRS.

▪️Ukraine still has the Grad MLRS and howitzers that hit a maximum of 20-30 km.

▪️ Anti-tank Javelins and NLAW were very useful in the first phase of the war, they are useful now, but they cannot hit the enemy's long-range artillery.

▪️The Russians can hit the concentrations of Ukrainian troops with rockets from a distance of many tens and even hundreds of kilometers. There is a situation of "absolute inequality on the battlefield, not to mention the complete dominance of enemy aircraft in the air." It is rare to shoot down Russian planes and helicopters.

▪️"Heavy fighting" has a serious demoralizing effect on Ukrainian troops, in connection with which the number of cases of desertion among Ukrainian soldiers is growing.

▪️The Russians are well aware that the number of powerful weapons sent by Western countries is still quite small, and it reaches the front slowly. So they try to use their (overwhelming) advantage while it lasts.

▪️After a series of exchanges, Ukraine has 550 captured Russians, while the Russians have more than 5,600 Ukrainians, and Moscow demands a 1:1 exchange. Note that according to the authorities of Russia and the LDNR, more than 7,000 people are in captivity.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 12:59 PM

I think we should all be paying attention to the Russian’s view of the situation. I’m not talking about taking sides. I’m talking about being objective, taking in the bigger picture. The Russians, according to their media, are preparing for an all out war, with the use of nuclear weapons. We’ve backed them into a corner, and they’re gonna fight their way out of it. The US, NATO, and the EU are escalating this war, and the Russians state they will not back down. I don’t believe it’s propaganda when Russia says they’ll use their nukes. They’ve been preparing for this confrontation for 20 years. Just my opinion.

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by cfowler
I think we should all be paying attention to the Russian’s view of the situation. I’m not talking about taking sides. I’m talking about being objective, taking in the bigger picture. The Russians, according to their media, are preparing for an all out war, with the use of nuclear weapons. We’ve backed them into a corner, and they’re gonna fight their way out of it. The US, NATO, and the EU are escalating this war, and the Russians state they will not back down. I don’t believe it’s propaganda when Russia says they’ll use their nukes. They’ve been preparing for this confrontation for 20 years. Just my opinion.

Excuse me! Who are you cornering? Aren't you confused? Right now you are seeing sanctions imposed on Russia. But when Russia imposes sanctions on the U.S., then many of you will switch to bread and water. and will switch from cars to bikes. and you need to prepare, not us. we are all ready. one salvo of the missile will be enough to put most of your land under water. so get ready, buy iodine and scuba tanks.

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 02:27 PM

cfowler- I don't think the Russians have been "backed into a corner", as of present. The ruble exchange rate against the USD is considerably higher now than before the war started-- now below 60:1, the Chinese and Indians are buying their oil if the Europeans won't, and the Russians have been are the largest exporters of wheat before the war and have a large harvest coming in now. There will be a market for their wheat and some of the metals they export. Unless NATO shuts down exiting the Black Sea of their wheat and some of their other commodities.

What is unknown is what the U.S. and NATO will do if the UAF collapses in the east and the south and the Russians suddenly break out the their slow but sure grinding up of the Ukie armed forces there?? If the Russians take over the southeast quarter of 1991 Ukraine borders, what will the U.S. and NATO do to keep the war going? They will have to either spend a lot more time and effort training new Ukie recruits/conscripts to keep up the war over a longer haul or they will have to directly intervene with boots on the ground. Basically South Vietnam all over again.

Does anyone believe that Slow Joe, the minions, and the DC Swamp (or is it really the minions and Slow Joe and the DC Swamp along for the gravy train?) have any ability to fight a major war directly without screwing things up...? They have broken or messed up everything they have touched. in 18 months..

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 05:03 PM

Let me clarify my “backed in a corner” statement. Russia attempted on several occasions to enter into security guarantees with several European nations, including Ukraine, in an attempt to stop NATO from continuing its advance towards Russia. All these attempts were rebuffed. Russia clarified its “red-line” concerns with Ukraine several times before entering Ukraine.

If I tell you that I have a red-line, and you chose to cross it, then I feel as though you leave me no option but to act. That’s what mean by backed in a corner.

Russia’s “red-line” is about national security, according to them. Recently, Russia has stated that the weapons being supplied to Ukraine creates “red-line” issues.

KOSOI, I think you read what I said out of context.

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 05:17 PM

Excuse me! Who are you cornering? Aren't you confused? Right now you are seeing sanctions imposed on Russia. But when Russia imposes sanctions on the U.S., then many of you will switch to bread and water. and will switch from cars to bikes. and you need to prepare, not us. we are all ready. one salvo of the missile will be enough to put most of your land under water. so get ready, buy iodine and scuba tanks.

KOSOI- I think you paint things a little too black and white. North America has lots of resources when it comes to food production and fuel. Don't confuse current prices and semi-scarcity with the ability to produce. They are not the same. What you/we see right now with current prices/logistics here are the result of policy choices, some rather fresh, some longer over time (such as letting in the Chinese into WTO in 2001). These things could change with different political/social will and a certain amount of time.

People, especially leaders, should never underestimate their geopolitical rivals or adversaries. That is a two-way street. Hubris and myopic thinking is really bad juju combo for any nation.

As for you talk about nuclear weapons to sink pieces and parts of land masses at any sense of scale, I'll let that go as perhaps some bravado in your sense of nationalist. Sorry, nuclear weapons, for as terrible as an exchange would be, can't "sink countries". As for your "one nuclear salvo" talk, again remember the rule above about underestimating your enemy. The amount of human life loss, on both sides, would be in the millions (perhaps tens of millions) in the short term, many more in the long term. There would be no WWII style winner among the belligerents, only massive loss and sorrow.

The "lead" bull standing all alone all puffed up in a field, being defiant, only works as long as another doesn't call his bluff. Then all bets are off until the engagement has ended. Don't get all locked up like two deer bucks where they can't untangle themselves from each other and both sometimes die together in the end...
Posted By: hippie

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed

KOSOI- I think you paint things a little too black and white. North America has lots of resources when it comes to food production and fuel. Don't confuse current prices and semi-scarcity with the ability to produce. They are not the same. What you/we see right now with current prices/logistics here are the result of policy choices, some rather fresh, some longer over time (such as letting in the Chinese into WTO in 2001). These things could change with different political/social will and a certain amount of time.

People, especially leaders, should never underestimate their geopolitical rivals or adversaries. That is a two-way street. Hubris and myopic thinking is really bad juju combo for any nation.

As for you talk about nuclear weapons to sink pieces and parts of land masses at any sense of scale, I'll let that go as perhaps some bravado in your sense of nationalist. Sorry, nuclear weapons, for as terrible as an exchange would be, can't "sink countries". As for your "one nuclear salvo" talk, again remember the rule above about underestimating your enemy. The amount of human life loss, on both sides, would be in the millions (perhaps tens of millions) in the short term, many more in the long term. There would be no WWII style winner among the belligerents, only massive loss and sorrow.

The "lead" bull standing all alone all puffed up in a field, being defiant, only works as long as another doesn't call his bluff. Then all bets are off until the engagement has ended. Don't get all locked up like two deer bucks where they can't untangle themselves from each other and both sometimes die together in the end...

Exactly what I explained to him when I said (on my very first comment to him) I didn't think anyone would be laughing when this was over, in response to his comment that he would be laughing.

I don't think he can see the big picture.

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by cfowler
Let me clarify my “backed in a corner” statement. Russia attempted on several occasions to enter into security guarantees with several European nations, including Ukraine, in an attempt to stop NATO from continuing its advance towards Russia. All these attempts were rebuffed. Russia clarified its “red-line” concerns with Ukraine several times before entering Ukraine.

If I tell you that I have a red-line, and you chose to cross it, then I feel as though you leave me no option but to act. That’s what mean by backed in a corner.

Russia’s “red-line” is about national security, according to them. Recently, Russia has stated that the weapons being supplied to Ukraine creates “red-line” issues.

KOSOI, I think you read what I said out of context.

Well, how can I tell you this without offending you?
I will try to answer very briefly. what amounts of human losses are you talking about? Afghanistan, Pakistan ????? and now that you are under threat, you are talking about human losses? The world will no longer live according to your terms. now you will live according to the terms of the others... and your stumbling Biden and his parliament have already reminded you several times about the new world order. but you still do not understand what they are telling you.

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 06:00 PM

Interesting threat, a lot more thinking and reasoning and less emotions being presented on this topic than a few months ago. I do think the USA is more vulnerable in several ways than Russia. I think our economy is running on fumes and has been for awhile. And I think the USA population is softer and less resilient than Russians. It's been a awhile since the Americans have known what hardships are like. And similar to a spoiled child the vast majority wouldn't handle it well. We are pretty dependent on the internet and the electric grid. Our whole financial and banking system would be gone if the internet went up in smoke. If something happened to our power grid or online banking a lot of people in big cities will get real hungry real fast.
Posted By: hippie

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 06:08 PM

Interesting threat, a lot more thinking and reasoning and less emotions being presented on this topic than a few months ago. I do think the USA is more vulnerable in several ways than Russia. I think our economy is running on fumes and has been for awhile. And I think the USA population is softer and less resilient than Russians. It's been a awhile since the Americans have known what hardships are like. And similar to a spoiled child the vast majority wouldn't handle it well. We are pretty dependent on the internet and the electric grid. Our whole financial and banking system would be gone if the internet went up in smoke. If something happened to our power grid or online banking a lot of people in big cities will get real hungry real fast.

The japs had the same misconception because we were just coming out of a huge depression.

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 06:51 PM

Heck of a big difference between going into one and coming out of one. And if u think we have the same morels and values now as the people did then ur crazy.

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 07:09 PM

I agree.

KOSOI, I’m not offended in any way. I think it is good that we have this opportunity to exchange thoughts and ideas.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by spjones

They just needed a scheme to launder 40 billion dollars. Mission accomplished

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 07:55 PM

once they passed all the$ that was the end of the publicity...very obvious to me.

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 10:03 PM

Reportedly, U.S. javelins anti-armor man portable missiles are now showing up in the Middle East "black" arms market at $20,000 a piece. No one will care unless one is used to take out a commercial airliner on final approach. I "hope" (not) that the buyers are getting both batteries and a way to charge them. But maybe those cost extra...
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/12/22 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
Reportedly, U.S. javelins anti-armor man portable missiles are now showing up in the Middle East "black" arms market at $20,000 a piece. No one will care unless one is used to take out a commercial airliner on final approach. I "hope" (not) that the buyers are getting both batteries and a way to charge them. But maybe those cost extra...

Probably just the ones Joe left for them in Afghanistan

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 06/13/22 03:25 AM

Probably just the ones Joe left for them in Afghanistan

A double ringer!!
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: ukraine not news anymore..... - 07/02/22 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by waggler
^^^^^^
KOSOI, did you read the article?
It states that the rape stories are fiction, just propaganda put forward by a Ukrainian official.

The very definition of "Blind Support". Maybe this is a good example of the depth of research KOSOI does with all his comments?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums