Home

What's up with Michigan?

Posted By: warrior

What's up with Michigan? - 06/10/22 01:14 PM

Y'all got a real witch (swap a letter) for a governor. Faked kidnap attempts by the fibbies. A senator, Stabenow, telling the poors to just buy a tesla. Now arresting the opposition, again by the fibbies.

WTH, I thought y'all yoopers were better than that.
Posted By: coonlove

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/10/22 01:18 PM

Warrior, look at the Michigan map-Detroit,Flint ,Saginaw, Lansing, Grand Rapids,ETC. Too many democrat strongholds. Yoopers are a drop in the bucket.
Posted By: warrior

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/10/22 01:25 PM

Well I knew that but looking in from the outside it looks pretty scary for y'all. Like maybe you got some type police state starting up.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/10/22 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Well I knew that but looking in from the outside it looks pretty scary for y'all. Like maybe you got some type police state starting up.

Don’t worry, those strongholds will thin themselves out when they have to go foraging for food. lol
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/10/22 02:22 PM

Yes, Warrior I'm embarrassed and very mad. What to do? Not sure.... Don't like it at all. Stabusinthebacknow is a witch!
Posted By: nh toe pincher

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/10/22 02:29 PM

Ummm, Y'all got stacy abrams dude. sup wit dat? lmao
Posted By: Spade

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/10/22 04:10 PM

Warrior: If you look at the 2020 election results you would find that only 1 county (Marquette County) in the U>P voted demo, all other voted Rep.

Just for your information only people born and raised in the UP are called Yoopers, others born below the bridge are called Trolls or flatlanders.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/10/22 05:39 PM

Yoopers had nothing to do with it.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/10/22 06:11 PM

We have a demographics problem here. 85% of our population lives in either the greater Detroit area, or , as stated above, in cities like Flint, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Battle Creek, etc. The rest of us are outnumbered by townies. My county is a perfect example of the same deal. The township I live in has well over 90% of it's population living over along the immediate shore of Houghton Lake. Us "outlying" folks that live in the rural part of the twp have all manner of silly ordinances voted in by those lakeshore folks.....most of which moved here from the cities already mentioned. Rural Michigan, U.P. or downstate, are as Right leaning as rural Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, etc., but we are now outnumbered by the multitudes who live in the urban and sub-urban areas of the state. It is disheartening to say the least.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/10/22 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by J.Morse
We have a demographics problem here. 85% of our population lives in either the greater Detroit area, or , as stated above, in cities like Flint, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Battle Creek, etc. The rest of us are outnumbered by townies. My county is a perfect example of the same deal. The township I live in has well over 90% of it's population living over along the immediate shore of Houghton Lake. Us "outlying" folks that live in the rural part of the twp have all manner of silly ordinances voted in by those lakeshore folks.....most of which moved here from the cities already mentioned. Rural Michigan, U.P. or downstate, are as Right leaning as rural Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, etc., but we are now outnumbered by the multitudes who live in the urban and sub-urban areas of the state. It is disheartening to say the least.

In NY, we have the same problem. The dems don't care about the upstate hicks because they carry the NYC counties and upstate has no vote. I believe king cuomo only carried 6 counties.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/10/22 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by warrior

News said troopers are cutting inperson cals due to high gas prices laugh
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/11/22 01:19 AM

Us Yoopers have been trying to change what goes on below the bridge for quite some time. The “Trolls”, “Appleknockers”, “Flatlanders” outnumber us, therefore, we don’t really have a say in what happens.
Posted By: Spade

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/11/22 01:24 AM

This ^^^
Posted By: lcd

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/11/22 11:14 AM

Some other states are beginning to have the same problems, even here in the south. Outsiders from the big cities are moving in by the truck loads. It is only a matter of time until they start to try to turn our states into the ones they just left and rural folks just will not have the votes to do anything about it. Trappers are usually an easy target as they are few in numbers and are reluctant to band together to form one strong group to fight this takeover. It is coming, the question is do we continue to stick our head in the sand, or do we ALL stand up together to meet the coming challenges.
Posted By: Stanley

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/11/22 11:33 AM

Wench, carried 13 of the 83 counties in Michigan when she got elected. Marquette County has NMU with all the transplant college kids. Above or below the bridge, Wench has been very terrible for the state.

Stanley

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/11/22 05:20 PM

I happen to live in Marquette County. Yes, NMU has a bunch of transplants. They come here because it’s beautiful and not ruined like where they came from and then work toward making it into where they came from. I don’t get it. I proudly wear my “Predator Trapper” hat everywhere I go. I proudly talk about Hunting, Trapping, Fishing and an overall outdoor lifestyle. I proudly talk about my 25 year heterosexual marriage. I proudly talk about being a Christian. I proudly promote the right to raise animals and have gardens even in an urban environment. They aren’t going to come here and force me to change. This the is UP and I’m a Yooper, born and raised!
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/11/22 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Yooper1978
I happen to live in Marquette County. Yes, NMU has a bunch of transplants. They come here because it’s beautiful and not ruined like where they came from and then work toward making it into where they came from. I don’t get it. I proudly wear my “Predator Trapper” hat everywhere I go. I proudly talk about Hunting, Trapping, Fishing and an overall outdoor lifestyle. I proudly talk about my 25 year heterosexual marriage. I proudly talk about being a Christian. I proudly promote the right to raise animals and have gardens even in an urban environment. They aren’t going to come here and force me to change. This the is UP and I’m a Yooper, born and raised!

906!!!
Posted By: trapNH

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/11/22 06:16 PM

It is about the same here in little NH, we are being run over with the flatlanders and their stupid ideas.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/11/22 06:16 PM

Were you in that movie, "Moonlight in Escanaba"? Lol lol. Now those guys were Yoopers! grin Loved that movie! On a serious note, I hope you can get rid of the wench!
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/11/22 08:04 PM

I love the UP!!

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/11/22 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer

Were you in that movie, "Moonlight in Escanaba"? Lol lol. Now those guys were Yoopers! grin Loved that movie! On a serious note, I hope you can get rid of the wench!

Lol, no, I’m about 65 Miles NE of Escanaba. I wasn’t in that movie but maybe Trapper Dahlgren Was!!! Lol
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/11/22 10:21 PM

Were you in that movie, "Moonlight in Escanaba"? Lol lol. Now those guys were Yoopers! grin Loved that movie! On a serious note, I hope you can get rid of the wench![/quote]

It's "Escanaba in da Moonlight."
grin
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/11/22 10:41 PM

Lived in Ossineke for a year longest year of my life , couldn't wait to leave that state. Way too many family trees didn't branch in that area.
Posted By: Boco

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/12/22 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by K-zoo

It's "Escanaba in da Moonlight."
grin[/quote]
Was that the Michigan version of brokeback mountain?

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/12/22 09:43 AM

Escanabb in Da Moonlight wasn't a Brokeback Mountain sequel. No Canucks in the cast that I know of. But Jimmer sure reminds me of Canuck Bushman!
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/12/22 11:25 AM

i trapped at that camp where escanaba in the moonlight was made ,
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/12/22 11:26 AM

never saw the movie
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/12/22 11:32 AM

I still say the U.P. should be its own state. In keeping with independence from the southeast lower peninsula.

That effects the upper half of the Lower part badly as well.

And I have seen the movie of mention!

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/12/22 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by seniortrap
I still say the U.P. should be its own state. In keeping with independence from the southeast lower peninsula.

Could we just cut a east west line from Bay city? Please.....Tell Ohio were sorry, they can have everything Bay city south!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/12/22 06:52 PM

Sorry boys, knew the name wasn't quite right, but couldn't remember it for sure. Get it close, someone will correct me! lol
Posted By: Boco

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/12/22 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by seniortrap

If you guys didnt talk so funny we might allow you to be part of Ontario.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/12/22 07:05 PM

Agreed. Fence off them thar Yoopers. We don't need um.

Poor persecuted minority; always picked on. wah,wah,wah. smile

I think a lot of us are developing complexes like that.
Posted By: Varner67

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/12/22 08:21 PM

I go to NMU and what you just said seems spot on. I’m from downstate and can’t wrap my mind around how people say that they are “yoopers” after their first day of classes. No intentions of changing Marquette from me grin
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/12/22 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by nh toe pincher
Ummm, Y'all got stacy abrams dude. sup wit dat? lmao

Not yet...we dont.
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/13/22 03:10 PM

I always wear my (I hugged it first, tree, tee shirt when I go to Marquette.)
Show's a stump on the shirt.
Get lots of grey haired ladies looking at me funny.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/14/22 01:19 AM

I was in Michigan yesterday, the part of Michigan we went through had rough roads, and the grass along the sides and in the middle looked as if it wasn't mowed yet this year.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/14/22 02:33 AM

best pasties in the UP?

Lawries?
Posted By: trapperEd

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/14/22 07:22 AM

No ..... I don't care for Lawrie's Pasties.

Jean Kay's pasties are a lot better. They are made with steak They are on Presque Isle Ave
Tell Brian "Hello" if you go there.
across from the white dome you can see. (Superior Dome) It is the largest wooden dome in the world.

Muldoon's pasties in Munising are good too.

I don't remember names of other Pasty places I have been too. I have had some good ones though.

If you get up in da Up try a Cudighi, they are really good too. Ralph's Italian Delicatessen

Eclectic Italian deli. Voted the U.P.’s best Cudighi ! Ralph's is in Ishpeming, MI

I'm sorry about you people that like Lawrie's Pasties but I still remember them as the Pastie I likes the least !

Re: What's up with Michigan? - 06/14/22 10:57 AM

Every pasty is different, just like cudighi and pizza. I like them all. Lawry’s original shop is basically in my backyard just west of Ishpeming. They also have pizza and cudighi. The Marquette Lawry’s is strictly Pasty’s. The best Pasty’s the ones my wife and I make at home.

Ralph’s is now under a huge change. The main part of their store/restaurant is being converted into a pot shop. The back half will still sell cudighi’s for takeout.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums