Home

?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol.

Posted By: Catch22

?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/10/22 08:56 PM

Well, with gas prices now, the hot topic around here is maybe adapting to a smaller vehicle to save on gas. Heck, maybe I'll be hunting, trapping, and fishing out of a Chevy Spark lol.

Well one of the things that came up in conversation by several people is they won't buy a new or newer vehicle because they said the computers are programmed so they can be shut off from who knows where. They drive older trucks, like me.

So, is this true? Can other parties shut a car down without your permission? Also, does anyone trap out of a small grocery getter?
Posted By: Fireplug

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/10/22 09:11 PM

My F-150 died 2 years ago. We bought a Honda Fit. Bambi killed that one, so I bought another Fit, purchased the wrecked fit from the insurance company and fixed it for about 15% of the totaled out value. I hunt, trap, fish, and sorta commute, at 36 mpg average. Just have to plan ahead where the critters go when you make a catch. And, you can get 2 large Upstate NY deer into the back along with all you and your son's gear.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/10/22 09:11 PM

Vehocles with OnStar could have that done. I would imagine any internet connected vehicles could be hacked amd shut down.

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/10/22 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fireplug
My F-150 died 2 years ago. We bought a Honda Fit. Bambi killed that one, so I bought another Fit, purchased the wrecked fit from the insurance company and fixed it for about 15% of the totaled out value. I hunt, trap, fish, and sorta commute, at 36 mpg average. Just have to plan ahead where the critters go when you make a catch. And, you can get 2 large Upstate NY deer into the back along with all you and your son's gear.

Awesome!!
Posted By: DaveP

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/10/22 09:40 PM

Was buried in the $1,000,000,000,000 Infrastructure bill.

Was slated to take effect 2026.

"Buried In Biden's Infrastructure Bill Is A Mandatory Backdoor Kill Switch For Your Car"

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/10/22 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by DaveP

"Buried In Biden's Infrastructure Bill Is A Mandatory Backdoor Kill Switch For Your Car"

For real???

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/10/22 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Catch22

For real???

Quite.
You got to.pass the bill to see what's IN the bill...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ho...-bill-mandatory-backdoor-car-kill-switch
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/10/22 10:24 PM

well I will be running my 1988 2wd S-10 it gets 25 highway I just put 5 gallons in and went over a half tank from nearly on E

2.5 EFI Iron Duke 5 speed

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/10/22 10:33 PM

Dave P, that's creepy. Thanks for the info.

Pete, that's a heck of a lot better then my F250!!

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/10/22 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
well I will be running my 1988 2wd S-10 it gets 25 highway I just put 5 gallons in and went over a half tank from nearly on E

They'll just keep upping the ethanol content to kill that too!
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 11:31 AM

long as I can get diesel, will run my 03 3500 ram dually. and folks will hear every penny of the 5.559 liquid gold going out the exhaust.
Posted By: Fireplug

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

Great motor. Had one in a Chevy Chevette when I first learned to drive. If I couldn't kill a motor, nobody could!!
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 01:55 PM

I suppose it'd be possible on cars connected to the internet, through something like OnStar. Various manufacturers go by different names of course. They all use an antenna that can just be removed if you wanted to.

Newer vehicles (2018+dodge, 2020+ Ford, and probably others) require a scan tool to be connected to the manufacturers program over the internet in order to perform certain diagnostic functions. They collect data on codes stored and cleared, among various other info, supposedly for the purposes of coming up with fixes for certain issues. I'm not a fan of it.
It's plausible that they could, for example, see a certain combination of codes or information on a diesel truck that indicate you've removed emissions equipment, and then not allow the codes to be cleared, or even not allow the vehicle to start or move.
They can also keep track of your mileage through the scan tool being connected to their system, and in a real dystopia, shut you down if you've driven more miles than your social credit score allows.

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
I
They can also keep track of your mileage through the scan tool being connected to their system, and in a real dystopia, shut you down if you've driven more miles than your social credit score allows.

Or if you vote the wrong way, belong to the wrong organization, contribute to.the wrong cause, spread " misinformation", visit the wrong websites...

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 02:17 PM

I suppose it'd be possible on cars connected to the internet, through something like OnStar. Various manufacturers go by different names of course. They all use an antenna that can just be removed if you wanted to.

Newer vehicles (2018+dodge, 2020+ Ford, and probably others) require a scan tool to be connected to the manufacturers program over the internet in order to perform certain diagnostic functions. They collect data on codes stored and cleared, among various other info, supposedly for the purposes of coming up with fixes for certain issues. I'm not a fan of it.
It's plausible that they could, for example, see a certain combination of codes or information on a diesel truck that indicate you've removed emissions equipment, and then not allow the codes to be cleared, or even not allow the vehicle to start or move.

That's spooky as heck and imo, unconstitutional. What is a social credit score?
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 02:22 PM

Social credit score is done in China. Good party line supporting subjects get a high score and more privileges. Coming soon to Western countries nearbyou.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 02:35 PM

Currently being used in communist china. Essentially you're assigned a "credit score", based on behavior....if you say or don't say certain things online, visit or stay away from certain websites, attend or stay away from certain political events, even things like driving the right vehicles, recycling, how many kids you have etc etc. Those with a higher number get more privileges, such as being able to get a loan, more food rations, not getting "disappeared", etc.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 02:44 PM

Currently being used in communist china. Essentially you're assigned a "credit score", based on behavior....if you say or don't say certain things online, visit or stay away from certain websites, attend or stay away from certain political events, even things like driving the right vehicles, recycling, how many kids you have etc etc. Those with a higher number get more privileges, such as being able to get a loan, more food rations, not getting "disappeared", etc.

Sounds like today's democrat party wet dream.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 02:56 PM

If you have a smart phone your vehicle tracking system is obsolete. 2000 mules, the documentary proves that out! I believe we are further advanced than China just more secretive!

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 03:04 PM

Jeepers, I feel as though I've been living in a cave. I didn't know about this stuff. One thing for sure, I doubt I have a good score lol.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 03:21 PM

I just pulled up your score catch, and your in good shape, and although classified as currently living in a northern state, you have had southern exposure in your past making you a "true redneck".

Not the more common redneck- "ish" variety found above the mason-dixon, Lol. wink

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
I just pulled up your score catch, and your in good shape, and although classified as currently living in a northern state, you have had southern exposure in your past making you a "true redneck".

Not the more common redneck- "ish" variety found above the mason-dixon, Lol. wink

Lol!! Whew, I'm glad I made it to a true redneck, I was a bit worried. grin
I'll be down your way this summer, it'll be good to be on Black Mtn again...
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 03:42 PM

Welcome home catch!, We'll roll out that bluegrass carpet for you anytime! smile

I've been on black mountain before!
Posted By: Boco

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 03:54 PM

They have had that for years.
Drunk drivers couldnt move their vehicle unless they blew into a hose that wouls not allow the vehicle to start if you had imbibed.
They got one now that only shuts down vehicles if you blow republican.

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Drunk drivers couldnt move their vehicle unless they blew into a hose that wouls not allow the vehicle to start if you had imbibed.

That made me giggle. grin

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 04:22 PM

Good thing YOU SUCK, lol.

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
If you have a smart phone your vehicle tracking system is obsolete. 2000 mules, the documentary proves that out! I believe we are further advanced than China just more secretive!

You're missing the whole DISABLE REMOTELY part

The next lockdown WILL be enforced!

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 04:25 PM

Good thing YOU SUCK, lol.

You blow Republicans?
Posted By: Bob

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 04:41 PM

Yes, they absolutely can remotely shut down newer vehicles. They can unlock it, start it, run diagnostics on it and with some really new vehicles, even drive it remotely. Basically the only thing that can’t be done remotely is replacing parts anymore. New Tesla’s can even start up and drive themselves back to the dealership if you miss your payment.

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

You blow Republicans?

Given that, by and large, (emphasis on LARGE) woman who identify as Republicans are much more attractive than Democrat women, it is understandable that you would be attracted to men.

[Linked Image]

Even if you prefer mentally ill men who PRETEND to be women, Rs win again.

[Linked Image]

But I won't judge.

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 05:30 PM

grin

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 05:49 PM

Well, this thread took a turn off the main road lol. grin

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 05:54 PM

Well, this thread took a turn off the main road lol. grin

I think the Feds took control, remotely.

Heading to the kitchen to wrap more tinfoil around my head...
Posted By: MChewk

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 06:47 PM

So exactly what year vehicles aren’t effected by this ...turn off your system abilities?
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 07:09 PM

Good luck trying to turn them off. I'm sure it will be wired so it will not function if all "features " are not active.

Re: ?Trapping rig, not a conspiracy theory lol. - 06/11/22 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Good luck trying to turn them off. I'm sure it will be wired so it will not function if all "features " are not active.

I wouldn't doubt that!

MChewk, I'm not sure but maybe someone in the know will chime in. If I had to guess I'd say anything past 2005 but I don't really know.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums