Home

Good Hot Weather Hip Boot?

Posted By: claycreech

Good Hot Weather Hip Boot? - 06/10/22 09:26 PM

I’ve always just wore my insulated hips for summertime beaver work. Usually when it gets hot the calls slow down some. Doesn’t appear to be gonna happen this year. I’m tired of taking them off and being wet from sweat. Looking for a light weight, yet fairly tough option. I’ve had a couple pair of the rubber boots with chaps attached to them. Seems like they were called “froggers”, or something like that. Used them in my coon hunting days. They weren’t very tough back then. Maybe you all know of something better.
How about it fellow summer beavermen?
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Good Hot Weather Hip Boot? - 06/10/22 09:33 PM

When u find a good brand let me know. Ahh, nevermind, I need the thicker Lacrosse Outriggers to at least stop shorter fangs.

Killed 2 cottonmouths about an hour ago while inspecting a potential beaver job. The biggest one .....48" er and big as my forearm...was almost stepped on...pulled back and opened that mouth on me. I beat him down after I levitated for a couple seconds.

Took 3 more steps and there was another....30" er and big as 2 fingers....he died too.

Re: Good Hot Weather Hip Boot? - 06/10/22 11:50 PM

We’ve talked about it before……
It’s nice living and warm weather beaver trapping in cottonmouth free country lol.
I saw at least 6 big ole northern water snakes on a couple beaver jobs today. I thought about you lol.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Good Hot Weather Hip Boot? - 06/11/22 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by claycreech
We’ve talked about it before……
It’s nice living and warm weather beaver trapping in cottonmouth free country lol.
I saw at least 6 big ole northern water snakes on a couple beaver jobs today. I thought about you lol.

Today was 1st day that Ive even considered a beaver job since March. Didnt take but a short walk thru a jungle-like bottom to get on those 2 pretty quick.

Here's one of those 2... [Linked Image]

Had Lacrosse snake proof knee boots on today....lol

Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Good Hot Weather Hip Boot? - 06/11/22 12:44 AM

Dans hip boots with Muck boot lowers are the most comfortable, durable ones out there. I wear them in the sweltering heat and sometimes forget that I have them on. They area also available with lacrosse lowers. I never tried those.
They may seem to be on the pricey side, but you will wear the soles off of them before you ever ruin the uppers. I trap year round and have gotten 3 or more years out them. I have been using them for over 15 years and have only bought three pair in that time. The denier fabric uppers are very likely snake proof, They are certainly greenbrier-proof.
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: Good Hot Weather Hip Boot? - 06/11/22 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
Dans hip boots with Muck boot lowers are the most comfortable, durable ones out there. I wear them in the sweltering heat and sometimes forget that I have them on. They area also available with lacrosse lowers. I never tried those.
They may seem to be on the pricey side, but you will wear the soles off of them before you ever ruin the uppers. I trap year round and have gotten 3 or more years out them. I have been using them for over 15 years and have only bought three pair in that time. The denier fabric uppers are very likely snake proof, They are certainly greenbrier-proof.

X2…the uppers will out last the boot. I’ve snagged them on barbed wire and they still don’t leak. I use and abuse they are good.
Posted By: eedup

Re: Good Hot Weather Hip Boot? - 06/11/22 01:40 AM

X3 on the Dan's

Re: Good Hot Weather Hip Boot? - 06/11/22 02:17 AM

I’ll check those babies out!
Thank you for the info.
Glad they come with Lacrosse boots. I despise Mucks.
I love my Lacrosse hips, but they’re talking 90’s and humid next week, and the beaver jobs aren’t thinning out lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums