Home

Went to an estate sale and almost got.....

Posted By: elkaholic

Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 02:30 AM

Divorced!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 02:32 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: patfundine

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 02:33 AM

i would have bought all that stuff and I don't even reload.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 02:34 AM

Why! You didn’t buy it and she threatened to leave you for missing out on that?

That would suck, glad you dodged that. grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by patfundine
i would have bought all that stuff and I don't even reload.

I’d have been learning how!

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 02:36 AM

I only went for the grinder and the tumbler. $2000 later I walked out with what is pictured plus another big load of lead and brass.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 02:36 AM

Some things are worth the risk. I would of went for it too. Some things are just about principles.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 02:37 AM

You did well

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 02:40 AM

Good haul!

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 02:46 AM

I walked around one corner and had to turn around and walk away. It was revolvers galore.

I shed a tear as I walked out of that room.

I could've spent a ton more money.

I think the sale ends Sunday. I may go down and see if I can talk them down on some other things of interest to me.

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by elkaholic
I walked around one corner and had to turn around and walk away. It was revolvers galore.

I think the sale ends Sunday. I may go down and see if I can talk them down on some other things of interest to me.

Yeah, it’s a rescue mission at this point.

Gotta help them out, what if the government gets them and destroys them?
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 02:50 AM

I like how that grinder is set up! Good haul!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 02:52 AM

Text me your wife's phone number. You know, just in case you ever DO get divorced and she decides to have a yard sale.

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Catch22
I like how that grinder is set up! Good haul!

I saw a picture of it 2 weeks ago. Told the wife I wanted it. She just shook her head and asked why I needed another grinder. I said incase I want to grind a cow up in 2.3 seconds. It's a definite "Use a push rod" type.

Ohhhhh there is nothing light about it. I had my neighbor come up with his fork lift and get it out of my truck.

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Text me your wife's phone number. You know, just in case you ever DO get divorced and she decides to have a yard sale.

lol.... No...

I got home and put all the reloading stuff away nice and neat. She came downstairs and looked around and said "I've been asking you to clean this basement up for 3 years and you still haven't gotten around to it. But you buy all this crap and it's neatly tucked away an hour after getting home." I told her I know I know... She then asked when I was going to get on putting everything else away. I said I didn't have any room to store stuff. Needless to say it's 11 pm here and I'm on the recliner.

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 03:02 AM

lol.... No...

I got home and put all the reloading stuff away nice and neat. She came downstairs and looked around and said "I've been asking you to clean this basement up for 3 years and you still haven't gotten around to it. But you buy all this crap and it's neatly tucked away an hour after getting home." I told her I know I know... She then asked when I was going to get on putting everything else away. I said I didn't have any room to store stuff. Needless to say it's 11 pm here and I'm on the recliner.

You can always store some things down here at the Delaware annex. Shorter drive for Angela.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 03:04 AM

I went to an auction a few years ago with similar results. I went for a 3 point tiller for my tractor but that sold within 200 of a new one so I passed. But they had a lot of guns that day 2 on my I have been wanting for years but they have gone way to high in price.

I left with a 1981 Marlin 357mag lever gun and a 1979 Marlin 39a both for $1000 or $1100 I can't remember now. The 357 was in mint condition and pre safely. The 39a had been used but in good shape. There was another 39a in mint but I was in the back not planning to buy any guns and could not see which one was being sold from back there. I would have bought them both for the price I paid but they started another auction ring and that's where the tiller I went for was so I didn't see the other one sell.

You did much better than I did. Congrats. I would not hav had the will power to not watch the revolvers sell.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 10:47 AM

I'm guessing you have been married long enough to know exactly what you can get away with. grin
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 12:21 PM

Auctions that "loaded" don't come by very often. Would have dropped big bucks there too.

Chris

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 01:14 PM

It wasn't even an auction. It was a sale. I just happened to be the second one through the door.

Thankfully the wife of the seller was more than happy to get rid of stuff. As long as you were close to the listed price she would say yes.

The guy used to load shells for the local high school trap team. He had a lot of shot shells. I was going to buy them and then donate them to them, but someone beat me to it.

I'm going to donate the shotshell primers to them. I have no use for them.

I'll go through the dies and see what I have duplicates of and resell them. If they don't sell my kid will have a great thing to sell off after I'm gone. There's a couple calibers of bullets I don't have so they'll get resold. I doubt that having them will convince my wife enough to be ok with me buying a new gun.
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 01:15 PM

One of the basic rules of getting ahead in this world is be ready to take advantage of a situation that arises unexpectedly. Shoulda ,coulda woulda leaves you felling empty and wanting to kick your own behind I once turned down a chance to buy a Weatherby 257 mag Mark V .It was a left handed version .And since I am lefthanede it seemed to be a perfect idea . I let that idea that it was not the right time to make the deal .Here i am 40 years later still kicking my butt for not buying that gun
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 01:32 PM

Boy what a week for 160user to go fishing and miss all the "goodies finds "
see what happens when bar codes came out- come sale time//?????now what was that price....is the question

Had the same problem when I went to a wood-workers garage sale, luckily the truck was empty when I came
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 02:10 PM

What a score

Probably sell what you don't need and make back a lot of your investment.

Tell the wife that investing $2K in that "stuff" will make a better return than throwing $2k into the stock market wink
Posted By: d2009

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 04:11 PM

Incredible! I must say i like that table the grinder sat on, looks like its seen a lot of use. May that gentleman rest in peace, he was obviously a man after all of our own hearts.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... - 06/11/22 11:55 PM

lol.... No...

Might be the wrong time to say something about you a reloading shed. Sounds like you might of wore out her sense of humor.

Nice haul BTW.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums