Home

so are higher gas prices

Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

so are higher gas prices - 06/12/22 11:38 AM

are higher gas prices going to stop anyone from going to conventions this summer, as for me no!!!, I'm still going to Ohio, to the nta , and maybe down state , the way I look at it is , I will cut back some where else , only have so many years left to travel and enjoy life,
Posted By: micheal

Re: so are higher gas prices - 06/12/22 11:43 AM

FTA and NTA
Posted By: BigJoe.

Re: so are higher gas prices - 06/12/22 11:51 AM

Roy, I won't let the high gas prices stop me from going where we want to go. Convention, camping, fishing, we will watch our overall cost of trips. Like you said, we may have to cut corners somewhere else. I'm not happy with these high prices, but it won't stop us from doing what we like to do.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: so are higher gas prices - 06/12/22 12:59 PM

Oh yes. Just cut back to 2 meals a day. Skip that Sunday lunch after church. Then walk to your favorite spot of relaxation.

The price of fuel won't change until we elect people who will ACTUALLY do something about it!
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: so are higher gas prices - 06/12/22 01:15 PM

Was gonna make the NTA in Lima, but some quick calculations shows that it will cost me $550 in fuel for the round trip.

Not sure Im gonna make that trip now.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: so are higher gas prices - 06/12/22 01:31 PM

I feel ya SW.

I haven't missed a John Graham event yet. As of today, it will cost me somewhere in the same vicinity as you for gas to the NTA, I still plan on going but if gas goes a buck or two higher that will most likely put the kibosh on it.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: so are higher gas prices - 06/12/22 02:00 PM

Already cutting back on where I'm going. Just going to rendezvous Little valley NY this year. Just going to stay around home and fish walleye on lake Erie. Do some deer hunt later and run a home and town line trapping off the 4 wheeler
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: so are higher gas prices - 06/12/22 02:07 PM

Have a 99 Honda Civic that gets over 30 mpg, gas prices aren't my problem it's time.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: so are higher gas prices - 06/12/22 03:39 PM

I will drive a vehicle that gets better mileage and continue to go as planned. Heading to the FTA Tuesday morning. NTA at Lima is on the schedule along with several sates. I despise the increased cost and the idiot in charge as much as anyone but plan to live out my years as normal as I can and that means doing the things I enjoy.
Posted By: Bob

Re: so are higher gas prices - 06/12/22 03:49 PM

Yeah, high gas prices are gonna keep us from doing a lot of things in the near future. We have 5 little kids, for us to go anywhere as a family we have to take our suburban. We have one family trip planned, other than that the only place I can afford to go is work.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: so are higher gas prices - 06/12/22 04:02 PM

For me its a 1000 mile round trip every month to work on the boats on Hilton Head. These fuel prices are putting a damper on things. So other than work I don't go anywhere that I don't have to. But to be honest, for the most part I have been doing that in the past as well. I am happy here on my little patch
Posted By: Mark McCary

Re: so are higher gas prices - 06/12/22 04:58 PM

Yes I missed 2 conventions all ready NTA. Western 1602 miles RT, & ID. INT. conv. 1200 M.R.Trip. I really wanted to go! I saved enough on Gas $ to buy all my trapping supplies. Fuel prices have not peaked yet???? Buckle Up!!!??
© 2024 Trapperman Forums