Home

State of the country. Your opinion

Posted By: Flicker Shad

State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 04:34 PM

Is this just a bump in the road like in the Carter years and 2008-09, or are we going to see some major changes going forward. Share your thoughts.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 04:40 PM

I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as some on here, and claim to be an expert in nothing, but my gut says we're on the verge of a Hoover style depression and that that may end up leading into some sort of civil war or revolution.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 04:40 PM

That all depends on what will happen in November. If they steal those elections as well , we are heading towards civil war V2.0 Financially the country will be ruined by the time sniffy is done. They managed to screw up the economy in record time and it aint over yet. Once they start to really trample on the freedom that is left, things will come to a head. You can only push folks so far before they say " enough is enough "
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 04:42 PM

It's my opinion this is more than a bump in the road. I feel these prices will be around for a long time and I doubt many will ever go back to what we were used to dealing with pre-Biden/ Harris days.

This is all by design and for the sole intent and purpose to make the radical lefts "Green New Deal" sellable to the undecided and those voters who do exactly as they are told.

What a shame.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 04:55 PM

Not really a bump in the road but more of an off ramp. The identity clan will take the off ramp and be governed by the one they want and the rest of us will ignore all of that crap and find a way to not only survive but actually prosper.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 04:58 PM

Many in government including, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Mitch Mconnell and many others are creating situations that will live on much longer than they will. Many of the faces in our politics will be dead and gone in 5 to 10 years max or totally irrelavant. I don't understand the push to ruin, by many that won't live long enough to see fruits of their labor. But I still plant trees I will never enjoy the shade of.....
Posted By: KeithC

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 05:05 PM

America is well on it's way to being a state in a global country. I don't think it can be stopped any longer. Probably at best, some damage control can be done to keep our standard of living from dropping much lower.

Keith
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 05:17 PM

We spend more that we make in every aspect. The vast majority is on government subsidies or welfare in one way or the other. They are trying to nullify the power of the constitution. The American people as a whole are more intrested in comfort and convenience than morals and values. And these are just the tip of the iceberg. No worries though life has been good for the last 80 years why would it change now. The people running the show have one thing in mind and that is make the people as completely dependent on the government as possible.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 05:33 PM

We are fast becoming a second tier country. Dementia Biden and his cronies will do a lot more damage before they are done.
Posted By: Finster

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 05:36 PM

We are one step away from Communism.
Posted By: hippie

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 05:48 PM

We the people electing Trump threw a delay into their global agenda, so now they're going for broke and we are seeing what it will be like unless we send more like Trump to expose them.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 06:15 PM

Not good with everything in prices threw the roof, it's gotta crash soon.
But it's crazy the $$$$$ that is out there , don't know where it is coming from?
But people keep moving in around here and paying crazy money for land and homes.
Metal prices are dropping here , the company is feeling it.
Think every month we stock up on house hold good's it costs $50.00 more every time.

Hope I'm wrong but think we are in for a ride soon.
Posted By: hippie

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 06:21 PM

We go as our producing natural resources goes.
Posted By: Boco

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by beartooth trapr
Not good with everything in prices threw the roof, it's gotta crash soon.
But it's crazy the $$$$$ that is out there , don't know where it is coming from?
But people keep moving in around here and paying crazy money for land and homes.
Metal prices are dropping here , the company is feeling it.
Think every month we stock up on house hold good's it costs $50.00 more every time.

Hope I'm wrong but think we are in for a ride soon.

I compare the economy(everyone,including government, living on hired purchases) to a huge bubble of excrement.
When it bursts shortly everyone will be covered in fecies
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 06:32 PM

Very soon MANY people will have zero disposable income. Tons of small businesses will close forever because no one can afford to buy anything but essentials, if that. Crime will skyrocket as people can't afford their wants. It looks VERY bleak. Prices of everything is dependent upon fuel costs and it increases every day. The middle class is soon to be the lower class. People aren't going to work for just enough money to get to work either. Making everyone dependent on the government which is exactly what they want, and they want to disarm everyone in the process. People all over the world thought this crap couldn't happen to them, Canada, Australia, etc... but it has and it's happening here and people have their heads up their (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) and just think, oh it won't happen here. Plenty of them right here on Trapperman.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Very soon MANY people will have zero disposable income. Tons of small businesses will close forever because no one can afford to buy anything but essentials, if that. Crime will skyrocket as people can't afford their wants. It looks VERY bleak. Prices of everything is dependent upon fuel costs and it increases every day. The middle class is soon to be the lower class. People aren't going to work for just enough money to get to work either. Making everyone dependent on the government which is exactly what they want, and they want to disarm everyone in the process. People all over the world thought this crap couldn't happen to them, Canada, Australia, etc... but it has and it's happening here and people have their heads up their (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) and just think, oh it won't happen here. Plenty of them right here on Trapperman.

X2!
Posted By: KOSOI

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

I completely agree with you. this is just the beginning, the destruction of your country. it will be even worse in the fall.
But I can't understand why many people don't see it or don't want to see it?
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 06:42 PM

The people in this country and Canada , are falling for the very same tactics as Hitler and Castro used to take over their countries .
Posted By: charles

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 06:43 PM

Our largest two expenses are military and interest, I think.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 06:48 PM

Nobody wants to admit they were wrong. Easier to blame someone else.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by charles

Actually our country's biggest expense is foreign aid !
That the politicians get a big kick back from .
Posted By: Marty

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 07:54 PM

In debt well over anything that can ever be paid back and soon the interest will be too much to pay back....we owe quite a bit if that to ourselves.....which is interesting in itself. We evoked crushing sanctions against russia but the ruble has made substantial gains vs the US dollar....gas/fuel is gone nuts in price and 'they' will drive it to double what it is now...the last potus election was not a valid election..if you go to a school board meeting and voice concern about woke ideals being taught to your kids you get on the terrorist list....small % of black people in the country, maybe 18% and the potus is on a talk show saying how it is great the we see interracial couples in almost all tv ads....big corps telling your sons to be girls....and that is just a small part of how bad things are...the state of the country sucks but is not as bad as canada yet.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine

Foreign aid? Source please.

Most things can be fixed, the destruction of our currency can not. That was set in motion a loooooong time ago and has been unstoppable since 1971. The only chance we would have had was the 08 crisis. That chance is gone now.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 08:32 PM

Major expenditure categories are healthcare, Social Security, and defense; income and payroll taxes are the primary revenue sources. The expenditures of the United States federal government as a percentage of GDP over time. Discretionary spending requires an annual appropriation bill, which is a piece of legislation.

Almost half of federal spending goes toward paying the benefits required by Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. These are part of mandatory spending, which are programs established by prior Acts of Congress.

The interest payments on the national debt total $378 billion for FY 2021. They are necessary to maintain faith in the U.S. government.

About $1.485 trillion in FY 2021 goes toward discretionary spending, which pays for all federal government agencies. The largest is the military.

Spending by category:
https://datalab.usaspending.gov/americas-finance-guide/spending/categories/

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
Major expenditure categories are healthcare, Social Security, and defense; income and payroll taxes are the primary revenue sources. The expenditures of the United States federal government as a percentage of GDP over time. Discretionary spending requires an annual appropriation bill, which is a piece of legislation.

Almost half of federal spending goes toward paying the benefits required by Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. These are part of mandatory spending, which are programs established by prior Acts of Congress.

The interest payments on the national debt total $378 billion for FY 2021. They are necessary to maintain faith in the U.S. government.

About $1.485 trillion in FY 2021 goes toward discretionary spending, which pays for all federal government agencies. The largest is the military.

Spending by category:

Interesting , just wonder where FACT CHECKER IS ?

This is even more interesting
https://spendmenot.com/blog/us-foreign-aid-per-country/

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 08:44 PM

That doesn't include almost every country on earth has a U.S.A. Military force there for FREE !
Posted By: trapdye

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 08:56 PM

Yes Sir & ADC, Couldn't agree more. But what worries me, A lot of people have no idea. Where I live, The area thrives on tourisim for hotel, motel & town business, I see people come up from the city toeing boats big enough to live in & renting homes for two grand a week end apparently these folks have plenty of reserve & sound like they have no idea or couldn't care less about current issues.
Makes me sick, The Government is squeezing , My wife is on S/S & pension, S/S gave a fifteen dollar & some cents cost of living increase, a week later, she gets a letter stating Medicare is going up another eighty dollars a month. Talk about a joke.
Posted By: Bob

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 08:58 PM

Doesn’t really matter what my opinion is. The folks running the show (not the president, btw) are gonna do whatever they want to do. They’ll kill anyone who they need out of the way, or make a martyr of, and buy off the rest. If you got enough money you get to decide what goes on in the world, end of story. Nothing any of us thinks, says or does will change that
Posted By: wr otis

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 09:06 PM

Democrats retain control in Nov, we are in big trouble.

They act outraged by gas prices, but the're not. They are going to save the planet with miraculous electric cars. A lot of what's happening they're ok with, because they believe it's for the greater good.

Overall I think things are going to go out of control financially, before the end of the year.
Posted By: greenhead

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 09:18 PM

The PO PO will be busy which equals job security.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 09:43 PM

The 378 billion figure is interest paid to the public ownership portion of federal debt, it doesn't include the interest paid to funds like social security and medicare. That intergovernmental interest is another 120 billion plus.

That means that the US is liable for 500 billion plus dollars in interest a year. Guess what happens when we start having to pay 3 percent or more interest on US government debt.

The artificial interest rates that allowed the public to buy their toys and fancy houses are going to come with a cost that is too big to pay.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 09:45 PM

That doesn't include almost every country on earth has a U.S.A. Military force there for FREE !

Whose choice was that? The US does that to protect her own interest, or should I say corporations. That is not foreign aid.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

The 378 billion figure is interest paid to the public ownership portion of federal debt, it doesn't include the interest paid to funds like social security and medicare. That intergovernmental interest is another 120 billion plus.

That means that the US is liable for 500 billion plus dollars in interest a year. Guess what happens when we start having to pay 3 percent or more interest on US government debt.

The artificial interest rates that allowed the public to buy their toys and fancy houses are going to come with a cost that is too big to pay.

And the great depression will seem like a cake walk !
Things aren't going to wait til the end of the year !
It's already here !
This administration is bat crap crazy !

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 10:12 PM

What is happening now in the monetary markets is/was unavoidable for a long time.

If a person thinks it's crazy here, keep in mind that the European Central Bank is still running zero and even negative interest rates while their inflation rates are nearly as high as ours.

I'd like to say the insane are running the asylum now, they aren't it's all by design.

Rs, Ds, it doesn't matter they are all addicted to deficit spending and artificially low interest rates along with the public.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 10:51 PM

Actually, it's welfare... (which includes categories such as snap, housing, federal employee pensions, unemployment, etc.) followed by Social Security, and Obamacare.

National Defense comes in 4th, Medicare 5th, interest, 6th. Foreign aid is way down at 14th.

Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 11:27 PM

I believe that all of this began with the Obamas, promoting racial division,shipping pallets of cash to Iran, running around the world apologizing for the U.S. Remember the red line in the sand. Then people got turned off by Trump's bragging and name calling, despite the many good things he did for the country. So the country elected a worthless piece of garbage that has been on the wrong side during his entire career. He and his family are as crooked as they come and liars to boot. Look at Hunter and realize that the apple does not fall far from the tree.He let's others dictate what he does and the country is rapidly going down hill for his actions.
I am retired and living on a fixed income, watching my savings dwindle. Everything has escalated in price on his watch.We are in a very precarious position because of his weakness. I'm not rich, but I fear for the poor trying to make ends meet. We have strayed away from religion, with the likes of the gay movement, abortion, teaching sex to 5 year olds and questioning if they are the right sex. Inter racial marriage is being touted as normal.
I fear for the future of the country and my children and grandchildren. He talks about gun control instead of addressing the real issue. He blames every one else but himself. the man is a TRAITOR to the U.S. and belongs in jail !!!!!
Posted By: waggler

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 11:35 PM

It's not good, but it could get a lot worse.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 11:52 PM

Buckle up, wild ride is a comin...
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/12/22 11:58 PM

Social media is destroying the country one post at a time.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/13/22 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Fisher Man
I believe that all of this began with the Obamas, promoting racial division,shipping pallets of cash to Iran, running around the world apologizing for the U.S. Remember the red line in the sand. Then people got turned off by Trump's bragging and name calling, despite the many good things he did for the country. So the country elected a worthless piece of garbage that has been on the wrong side during his entire career. He and his family are as crooked as they come and liars to boot. Look at Hunter and realize that the apple does not fall far from the tree.He let's others dictate what he does and the country is rapidly going down hill for his actions.
I am retired and living on a fixed income, watching my savings dwindle. Everything has escalated in price on his watch.We are in a very precarious position because of his weakness. I'm not rich, but I fear for the poor trying to make ends meet. We have strayed away from religion, with the likes of the gay movement, abortion, teaching sex to 5 year olds and questioning if they are the right sex. Inter racial marriage is being touted as normal.
I fear for the future of the country and my children and grandchildren. He talks about gun control instead of addressing the real issue. He blames every one else but himself. the man is a TRAITOR to the U.S. and belongs in jail !!!!!

It was definately pre obama -- but -- yes he knew how to divide us ------- just look at obama care.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/13/22 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Blaine County

It's not just social media ---- Its lawyers -- your profession has done more to destroy this country than any other -- well maybe politicians (lawyers) had a hand in it but still.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/13/22 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by H2ORat
It's not just social media ---- Its lawyers -- your profession has done more to destroy this country than any other -- well maybe politicians (lawyers) had a hand in it but still.

True dat H2ORat.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/13/22 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Fisher Man

It was definately pre obama -- but -- yes he knew how to divide us ------- just look at obama care.

Not even so much Obamacare, imo. That was and is a disastrous policy. But what really set the division in stone, imo, was his comments on the Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown shootings. He didn't have to inject himself into those issues. He could have offered prayers for the families and moved on. But instead he chose to speechify on how if he had a son he would look just like Trayvon. And on how the death of a murderous thug charging a police officer "stains the heart of black children" and that is was "heartbreaking." Racial division was at the lowest I'd ever seen in my lifetime until Obama made those comments.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/13/22 01:06 AM

Lawyers, so called News Media and Politicians are the Three Musketeers of ruin in America.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/13/22 01:09 AM

America started down hill when they took prayer and the Bible out of schools, and started attacking the family
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/13/22 01:19 AM

Anyone remember the quote "hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times"?

I know where we are in that cycle and it is safe to assume we are in for some hard times.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/13/22 01:43 AM

Hopefully , all of those who voted for the upcoming collapse of America will suffer the most . Maybe some lead in their diet .... grin

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/13/22 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Hopefully , all of those who voted for the upcoming collapse of America will suffer the most . Maybe some lead in their diet .... grin
Posted By: Gene Dziza

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/13/22 02:11 AM

It is amazing to me, how the Democrats Covid politics destroyed a good economy. What is shocking to me is the prolferation of Democrat Socialists and people that are outspokenly against capitalism. Sadly, immigrants are more inclined to protect the American dream than some of the spoiled Americans. They know what its like to try to make a living outside America and Canada.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/13/22 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

I should find this comment appalling. But what I find appalling is that I don't disagree with it.
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/13/22 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Blaine County

Many many politicians start out as lawyers.

Coincidence?
Posted By: VaBeagler

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/13/22 05:00 AM

I admit that I didn't read the previous post.
I have owned my own business 22 years but this could very well be my last.
The only reason that we are still going is because I have 5 employees with 15 years plus invested in this company and I'm keeping it going for them.
The market is so volitile that we can not lock in a price for components on purchase orders. The price is"to be deduced the day of manufacturing".
Freight cost have tripled in the last six months.
Everyone complains about the gas prices but you see that immediately,. Does anyone else notice that you can put 100 dollars worth of groceries in the hand tote basket?
I don't know how people on fixed income will be able to make it this year. If you heat your house with oil and have a 250 gallon tank you are looking at 1500 hundred bucks to fill your tank.
Totally rediculous, and unfounded.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/13/22 05:04 AM

Between covid and what is going on now many small business owners have been put out of business. More goes to big business which is what the liberals want. Less ability to be independent.
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/14/22 12:16 PM

Anybody else also notice that not only have prices gone up at the grocery store, but amounts on many things have decreased?
Posted By: rvsask

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/14/22 01:10 PM

Why is it that it is automatically something the libtards want when small business suffers? One of the biggest reasons for high inflation right now is how capitalism has allowed certain large companies to completely control the market in their niche. Yes, certain “liberal” restrictions, even the ones imposed when you had your previous president in charge, sure hurt small business but it’s corporate greed putting their foot on their necks right now.

Why is it impossible for some to see that neither side is really for the small business? Is confirmation bias the thing to blame for this or is there something more that I do not understand? Facts only please.
Posted By: trapper20

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/14/22 01:36 PM

down the crapper. everything did a 180. the dem's did a great job at telling the sheeple via media that trump is the devil so now they put this clown in power who has done nothing but push the country off of a cliff. The worst part is these people are so blinded they think we are heading in the right direction and state "At least its not Trump" I actually had one person state(talking about the increase of costs of everything) that they dont mind paying more because everyone got a big pay raise and is making more money. NOT EVERYONE!!! and when you subtract the additional cost of living they are actually making less than they were 3 years ago. BUT, at least trump isnt in there SMFH.
Posted By: Posco

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/14/22 01:38 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/14/22 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Boone Liane
Anybody else also notice that not only have prices gone up at the grocery store, but amounts on many things have decreased?

Shrinkflation.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/14/22 01:49 PM

first they divide us, now they will starve us or at least most of us, the only thing left is disarm and we have 0 chance at standing up. anyone now that is not growing and raising their own food is behind the curve. luckily we have been doing it for years! now you just have to be able to protect it when those that cant come wanting to take. im still hoping it doesnt get this bad but if things dont change in the next 2-3 years Im afraid it will come to this.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/14/22 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
[Linked Image]

exactly! anyone that thinks the media is not a very powerful weapon has been proved very wrong in the decade
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/14/22 01:53 PM

There was one murder Jan 6. The capitol police killed an unarmed woman. And crickets about it.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/14/22 01:55 PM

White woman^
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/14/22 02:21 PM

White woman^

By black person

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/14/22 02:24 PM

yup
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/14/22 03:32 PM

Obama started all this. Trump reversed a lot of it. Biden is doing his best to return to and continue the devastation Obama started for this country.

The democrats have something up their sleeves for these midterms. They don't seem at all concerned with all the damage that's being done.

Saw on NewsMax the other day that Biden is trying to use his executive powers to make voting easier.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/14/22 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker Shad
Is this just a bump in the road like in the Carter years and 2008-09, or are we going to see some major changes going forward. Share your thoughts.

I dont pay any attention to this quasi administration here now. Whats more important is whats going on behind the scenes that they wont tell us about
Posted By: bodycount

Re: State of the country. Your opinion - 06/14/22 06:51 PM

Our Village Idiot is starting to panic. Saying today how great we are doing. Not going to change anything, just stay the same course. God help us all as the ship is sinking
© 2024 Trapperman Forums