Home

China VS USA

Posted By: Guss

China VS USA - 06/14/22 12:34 AM

That is coming next!!. Will Joe let China take Twinwan or will
We as a country be know more.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 12:36 AM

All China has to do is stop shipping their junk and they will bring us to our knees. Have you not seen the shortages already ?
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 12:50 AM

You guys better start dropping those nukes you got! Chinese isn’t very easy to learn!

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 01:15 AM

It's going to happend China wants Taiwan.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 01:15 AM

Remember a few months/ weeks -- can't remember as they all run together - when biden said a few things likely to po the chinese gov't. Do you think that had anything to do with smithfield foods cutting 2/3 of the utah operations? They are china owned.
Posted By: Marty

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 01:49 AM

Good thing we do not depend on the chinks for all our meds.....Oh, wait.....we do. Stay healthy folks...at the dentist a few weeks ago and they were amazed after reading my paperwork, 66 and I take no meds. It seems that was extremely unusual.

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 02:07 AM

We only have to blame Wash.DC that the red Chinese make everything
that we need here like the chips for the cars and trucks. This country never learns.
All because the DC believes in save the environment.
Posted By: Boco

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 02:24 AM

Screw the Chinese-turn the Japs loose on them again.
Posted By: WhiteCliffs

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 02:29 AM

So if we brought most of the manufacturing back to the US - who would work at all those new companies. One of the reasons a lot of manufacturing is overseas is to actually get something done. I used to buy a lot of screws from Taiwan. Their lead times went from 90 days to nine months two years ago. Started getting the screws made at a US vendor last year - double the price - but 8/10 week lead time. So many companies brought work back to the US. because of extended lead times, the US manufacturer now 25 weeks out and they had to hire more folks and pay an elevated price to get them to work - so now hardware is three times as much with 25 week lead time. They now work three shifts but no weekends - said they just cant get anyone to work weekends. Even dropped their drug tests - told me they would hire a heroin addict if they would come to work and actually work. Fair many folks I know are leaving the US again for Mexico - not so much for better price - but better service

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteCliffs
So if we brought most of the manufacturing back to the US - who would work at all those new companies. One of the reasons a lot of manufacturing is overseas is to actually get something done. I used to buy a lot of screws from Taiwan. Their lead times went from 90 days to nine months two years ago. Started getting the screws made at a US vendor last year - double the price - but 8/10 week lead time. So many companies brought work back to the US. because of extended lead times, the US manufacturer now 25 weeks out and they had to hire more folks and pay an elevated price to get them to work - so now hardware is three times as much with 25 week lead time. They now work three shifts but no weekends - said they just cant get anyone to work weekends. Even dropped their drug tests - told me they would hire a heroin addict if they would come to work and actually work. Fair many folks I know are leaving the US again for Mexico - not so much for better price - but better service

I hear this a lot and see a lot of help wanted signs. I would change jobs in 15seconds if I could find one close to my current pay and benefits. I work a lot of 16 hr days on my 4th one in a row now.

But all the help wanted signs don't pay but about 20 an hour max a few may hit 23. The benefit and retirement stink so I keep driving 110 miles to work and stay down there during my scheduled days.

I'm not a high roller at $26 and change per hour with good insurance pension and 401 match. I average between 68 and 100k depending on how much overtime I work. The local Jobs will be lucky to make 45 to 50k.

So it's not necessarily no one wants to work but some won't work for slave wages where it take a 2 family income to get by. A man should be able to comfortably support his family without his wife having to work outside the home. If you want good dedicated employees you need to pay them to attract them and keep them.

But if you can say you can't get help you can fill thos Jo'bs with immigrants and low pay. Shame on those Americans that have a standard of living desire s to be above the 3rd world emigrants.
Posted By: WhiteCliffs

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by WhiteCliffs

I hear this a lot and see a lot of help wanted signs. I would change jobs in 15seconds if I could find one close to my current pay and benefits. I work a lot of 16 hr days on my 4th one in a row now.

But all the help wanted signs don't pay but about 20 an hour max a few may hit 23. The benefit and retirement stink so I keep driving 110 miles to work and stay down there during my scheduled days.

I'm not a high roller at $26 and change per hour with good insurance pension and 401 match. I average between 68 and 100k depending on how much overtime I work. The local Jobs will be lucky to make 45 to 50k.

So it's not necessarily no one wants to work but some won't work for slave wages where it take a 2 family income to get by. A man should be able to comfortably support his family without his wife having to work outside the home. If you want good dedicated employees you need to pay them to attract them and keep them.

But if you can say you can't get help you can fill thos Jo'bs with immigrants and low pay. Shame on those Americans that have a standard of living desire s to be above the 3rd world emigrants.

One of the many reasons businesses go out of the US is because many US citizens dont think like you. They shop at Walmart instead of Saks Fifth Avenue. They dont believe a powder coater should pay someone $30 an hour to hang a part on a hook. They dont believe someone attending a plastic injection molding machine boxing parts should make $30 an hour, nor do they think someone putting zinc ingots in a diecast machine should make that either. Many of our citizens will pay a little more for US made goods, but most will not pay a lot more. If you go to walmart, target, home depot, or bass pro - you will see very few people searching for the “made in” label. Instead, they will be looking for the price sticker.

There are only so many jobs that pay $70/$100k per year. Hanging a part on a hook does not warrant $30 an hour - not in his country - or any country. Like the folks who think they should make $15 an hour flipping burgers with no special skills or training. If you arent making enough money - improve your skillset, improve your education, or move to a better labor market. I remember growing up - my dad had a decent job and my mom was stay at home. But the big reason my mom didnt have to work is we owned one car, one tv with an antenna, two dial phones, we ate out once a week, we didnt own 4 wheelers, $40,000 boats, 4wd trucks, own big fancy houses or go out of state on vacation. Had we lived live like that; my mom - and all the moms around us would have had to work.

My son is a Dr and makes dang good money. All the time I hear folks complaining about how much Dr’s make. I just have one response for them - go to medical school and you, too, can make the big money. cool

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 05:22 AM

lots of folks are experts on how other people should solve their problems/issues. big business/government has sold out the middle class many years ago. there is no solid blue collar American work force anymore but at one time there was a huge blue collar workforce that was all American.
Posted By: waggler

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 05:29 AM

China is a paper tiger.

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
China is a paper tiger.

Sure let them simply quit shipping us stuff and see what you think. Then .maybe the will quit buying our debt or dump all thay have cheap and collapse our economy. All without firing a shot. We were sold out long ago.

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 06:02 AM

No made in China meds=no meds in the USA.

How dat gonna work out?
Posted By: Squash

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Guss
that we need here like the chips for the cars and trucks. This country never learns.

The ruling class are all on the take.
Posted By: J Staton

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 10:38 AM

Well I was waiting on the Lord's vengeance but if we must fight the Chinese....I'm game.
Posted By: hippie

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 10:41 AM

They need fuel and food more than people need trinkets.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 10:49 AM

Remember money talk and we know what walks.

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

Tell that to those that don't get their meds..

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 12:35 PM

This whole country is owned by China! How much land do they own
alot and they also own politicians like Mitch,findstein and Sowell.
It started in our Govt. Back in Nixon days! This is one big security breach
And the FBI is spoked to be the elite police agency there all cooked
like a dog heind leg.

It's really to bad we don't use the resources in our country instead of
looking else.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 01:38 PM

Coonman ?

Is that you using an assumed name ? laugh

w
Posted By: hippie

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

Tell that to those that don't get their meds..

https://medium.com/pharmacychecker/which-u-s-medications-are-manufactured-in-china-ed6b551ae14f

https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufa...-china-for-drugs-fda-simply-doesn-t-know

If we made it a priority like a past president wanted, we would be ok. Besides that, we as a nation are way over-medicated.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 04:18 PM

If China invades Taiwan, Biden will handle it similar to how he handled Russia's invasion of Ukraine. He called Putin a naughty boy, sent money to Ukraine, while he bought oil from Russia to help fund their war.
Posted By: white17

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by waggler
China is a paper tiger.

Sure let them simply quit shipping us stuff and see what you think. Then .maybe the will quit buying our debt or dump all thay have cheap and collapse our economy. All without firing a shot. We were sold out long ago.

I think you have that exactly backwards. US treasuries are the most liquid and convenient asset in the world. China owns about 1.1 trillion in UST. That amount would be absorbed in the bond markets in a matter of days.

The result would be detrimental for China. They would now have actual hard dollars that they received for the bonds they sold. They would need to reinvest those dollars in something as safe and that paid an equal or better return.

It would also have the effect of driving up the value of the Yuan and making their exports more expensive for them to ship.

China needs the US far more than we need them.
Posted By: white17

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 07:45 PM

The "red Chinese" can't even make enough chips to supply their own industries.
China is several chip generations behind the US & Europe in chip design and manufacturing. They are net importers of chips and chip technology. At this point they only supply about 30 % of their own domestic chip requirements.

The machines that are required for advanced chip design and manufacture are not available for the Chinese to buy. The most complex machines are made in the Netherlands and only 10-12 are made per year. They are off limits to the Chinese.

75 % of all chips are made in east Asia. 90% of those are made by Taiwan SemiConductor. That is what red China really wants. Fortunately, TSM is making the effort to move from Taiwan to the USA
Posted By: Boco

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 08:02 PM

Chinese meds-powdered tiger penises and condensed bear gall.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: China VS USA - 06/14/22 08:42 PM

It's going to happend China wants Taiwan.

This has been going on since shortly after the end of WW2. They broke away from the commies and have been doing well. It's a beautiful country, with good people. I took my R&R from the 'Nam there in '71.
When the US broke off diplomatic relations with them to suck up to the commies, I wept.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums