Home

Heart Trouble in the Hospital

Posted By: Willy Firewood

Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 05:32 AM

Well here i am.
The only thing known is it is functioning at only 40-45%.
While here maybe I can get some new parts.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 05:41 AM

hang in there , you might get a new valve or a pace maker

make sure they get you patched up good and do all the cardio rehab

dad had a heart attack last summer , they got him fixed him up now but it is some scary stuff

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 06:20 AM

Thanks for the good wishes and advice.
Yes I sure will do the follow up.
Need the improvements!
Glad your Dad is ok.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 08:06 AM

Sorry to hear Willy, I hope they get you fixed up.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 09:47 AM

Sorry to hear of your heart troubles. BernieB just went through some also. Hope they fix you up soon. Modern day medicine can do amazing things. Take care and mind the Dr.s advice
Posted By: Marty

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 09:55 AM

Good luck, Willy.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 09:57 AM

sending prayers
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 10:01 AM

They sure seem to be good at fixing that stuff nowadays. You'll most likely be good as new in no time!
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 10:25 AM

Well Willy,im scheduled for open heart at cleveland clinic for a new valve in august ..radiologist also told me do the rehab!!!...I feel your pain and best wishes!!!!
Posted By: micheal

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 10:46 AM

Good luck
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 11:32 AM

Watch when you smile at the nurses. \best of luck
Posted By: corky

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 12:12 PM

If your ejection fraction is 40-45% you will be fine. Mine was 15-20% in 2013 before my first pacemaker. I'm still here. Good wishes for a full recovery.
Posted By: coonlove

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 12:25 PM

Ejection fraction is misleading. Mine was only at 35-40 percent and I thought 100 percent was normal but 50-55% is normal. Meds put me back up to normal.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 01:03 PM

Godspeed there Willy…pulling for yah
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 01:09 PM

Prayers sent do your part!
Posted By: cathryn

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 01:22 PM

Willy im sorry to hear your having some health concerns. Prayers and well wishes sent from WV.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 01:48 PM

When I got my pacemaker the technician from Boston Scientific the pace maker manufacturer gave me a 15 minute or so explanation about what I was getting and how. When he was done he asked if I had any questions. I responded with did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night? He replied as a matter of fact I did….lol

I am still here and no more heart block, Modern medicine is amazing! Chemo did my heart damage.

I hope Willy you head home soon and all repaired up, praying for you!
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 02:02 PM

They almost couldn't believe how good /strong dad was in cardio rehab but blockages run in our family everyone is on thinners he had 3 80+% blockages

the good news is he never gets another colonoscopy , he was on day 2 off his thinners when he had the heart attack getting ready for a colonoscopy the next morning.

they said you stay on those thinners and keep up on the cardio that is more of a risk than not getting a colonoscopy. dad was 65 last year

he had been out fishing all day then in the late afternoon started to have the pain

hopefully they get you a good roto-rooter , stints and whatever else you might need and you can be back to doing what you like.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 02:12 PM

Friend of mine had low heart function like that for years, medication helped a lot, and he never slowed down,(commercial fisherman).
He finally had to get a pacemaker due to a tick bite infection. He has slowed , a little, he's 78,lol

You'll be fine, good luck.
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 02:28 PM

Best wishes !

May 28, 2020.....I had open heart surgery to replace my aorta valve. Took awhile to heal, but I'm much better.
Posted By: 70sdiver

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 02:49 PM

I see the surgeon Tue. to schedule an aortic vale replacement. I'm a little scared but what you going to do. I'm glad to hear it helped Tradervic. Good luck Westriver!!
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 03:05 PM

Wishing you guys the best. And I hope you get decent roommates.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 03:06 PM

Get well soon Willy.Modern science is amazing.
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 04:09 PM

My dad found out a few weeks ago that his heart was at 10% capacity he has 90 , 90, 100 and 60% blockages. They want to do a triple bypass and still got to get some more test yet.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 04:11 PM

Sorry to hear. Good luck
Posted By: white17

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/16/22 05:29 PM

Get well soon Willy. The oil patch has lots for you to do !
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/17/22 10:17 AM

Sent with prayer.

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/17/22 11:05 AM

Hello to my friends,
Thanks for the kind wishes and most of all the prayers. I really appreciate the friendship and understanding that we have here thanks to Paul. Growing up in the old “tight-lipped trapper days” it is amazing that this many trappers communicate.

It is shocking to learn so many are going through similar challenges. I will be praying for good outcomes for everyone.

It has been a rough adventure here in the hospital and not what I expected. Tests show some heart damage evident of one or two light heart attacks. They are scheduling the catheter procedure to clean out whatever possible. The occasional chest pains are convincing me that this is urgent and necessary.

I am eagerly awaiting a new oil well’s first production. Production deadline is fast approaching. We need to keep this country fueled up and powerful. Managing production as a good steward of God’s creation has been very rewarding.

Hopefully God will bless me with recovery and some good time yet here on earth. My wife and I thank you for continued prayer.

Posted By: Drifter

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/17/22 01:38 PM

Keep the positive attitude and you got it half whipped already. Modern medicine is amazing in what they can do.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/17/22 03:28 PM

The technology surrounding heart conditions and procedures is beyond amazing. They'll have you fixed up in no time!!

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/18/22 06:07 PM

Hi friends,
The catheter procedure went well. It showed clean arteries which is great. But, now we don’t know the cause of the problems. They did not inform me of a plan. The Pastor came in today which was great! I remain positive.
Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers!
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/18/22 09:27 PM

Hang in there, you will good as new in no time.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/18/22 09:31 PM

Continued prayers
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/18/22 09:36 PM

This is great news hang in there

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/18/22 11:13 PM

Praying they find the root cause........mine is faulty aortic valve. Hang in there!!!

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/18/22 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by 70sdiver
I see the surgeon Tue. to schedule an aortic vale replacement. I'm a little scared but what you going to do. I'm glad to hear it helped Tradervic. Good luck Westriver!!

praying for all you guys that need heart work too!!!!!

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/19/22 10:07 AM

Hi friends,

Well, late yesterday there were no new tests planned so they discharged me. As of now, no known cause of the problem so we can’t do anything to prevent further heart damage. They told me to follow up with the cardiologist. So I am very happy to have clean arteries and be home, but will be cautious about what I do. Of course I will continue praying for all who need and are waiting for surgical repairs and treatment.

The weather here is cooler so for a couple days I will do a bit of recuperating by sitting on the porch watching the deer, ospreys, eagles, geese, ducks, and anything else that is close. And take an old guitar out there to try learning a couple old tunes.

Thank you all again for your kind thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/19/22 03:46 PM

Strange to read about all the heart issues. My father is 86 but never had heart issues in his life until recently. Starting to think it might be something to do with what we can’t discuss on here as I know SEVERAL people that all had what we can’t discuss and now they’re all experiencing some sort of heart issues and heart issues don’t run in their families.

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/19/22 04:05 PM

runs in mine

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/19/22 08:44 PM

Wanna Be - PM sent.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/19/22 08:56 PM

Never got it

Re: Heart Trouble in the Hospital - 06/19/22 10:25 PM

Just sent it.