Home

oscillating saw

Posted By: Drifter

oscillating saw - 06/18/22 12:12 AM

Who uses them? Better then a rotary zip saw?
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: oscillating saw - 06/18/22 12:17 AM

you should watch the project farm review of them they are not all created equal , not even close

I don;t have one I have used my dads and it is ok , sort of limited in it's uses but handy on some things

Re: oscillating saw - 06/18/22 12:56 AM

That guy needs to slow down some as I can't listen or read as fast as he talks. Sounds like the guys that does the horse races.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: oscillating saw - 06/18/22 01:11 AM

My experience with rotozip saws is that I can't steer them. They wander, sometimes wildly. I can steer an oscillating saw.

Rotozips cut faster. Oscillating saws eat up blades fast, really, really fast.

I still prefer oscillating saws because they go where I want them to go. And, I usually only need to nibble out a little bit of something so burning through a blade every few inches isn't terrible.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: oscillating saw - 06/18/22 01:26 AM

I have both, what are you trying to do? Each has different uses. I've only used a roto-zip for drywall. Control is all about direction. You have to cut everything in a counter clockwise direction with a roto-zip. If you go the other way, it will take off on you. Oscillating saws are great for plunge cutting and tight places like the bottom of door jambs or cutting up against the toe kick of a cabinet.
Posted By: adam m

Re: oscillating saw - 06/18/22 03:16 AM

I love oscillating saws. There's lot you can do with them with the right blade of course.
Posted By: run

Re: oscillating saw - 06/18/22 09:59 AM

Milwaukee M18 multi tool is the one we run. Project farm is annoying.
Posted By: gcs

Re: oscillating saw - 06/18/22 10:10 AM

When you need an oscillating tool, nothing else will do....LOL
Posted By: jabNE

Re: oscillating saw - 06/18/22 10:59 AM

I use the heck out of mine. Zipping off flat tight spots its the only tool I reach for.
Even cutting outlut boxes in drywall.
I've been using it quite a nit this summer cutting nails off behind floor joists if I need to move one. Slick tool!
Jim

I have a cordless Dewalt. Same battery runs my drill and my oscillating saw.

Posted By: danny clifton

Re: oscillating saw - 06/18/22 02:22 PM

Pete that sawzall I bought in Springfield has sure been handy. Whats the advantage to rotary or oscillating .
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: oscillating saw - 06/18/22 02:39 PM

Horses for courses. Ya wouldn't go logging with an oscillating saw and ya would not break out a Stihl 661 if you need to cut a door frame to get your lamitate floor shoved under it. It all depends what ya want to do. each has their place.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: oscillating saw - 06/18/22 03:32 PM

I think I have a PorterCable. It paid for itself in 5 minutes working on a soffit .

Re: oscillating saw - 06/18/22 03:56 PM

Found one to borrow and see if works like I need.
Posted By: otter3006

Re: oscillating saw - 06/18/22 07:14 PM

Very handy
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: oscillating saw - 06/18/22 08:49 PM

I have an M18 Milwaukee. I’ve used it for wood, drywall, lathe and plaster, vinyl plank floor. It’s a great tool.
Posted By: bfflobo

Re: oscillating saw - 06/19/22 12:40 AM

Just bought a FLEX oscillating saw & 1\2" hammer drill in a promotion for the new brand. 24 volts. Supposed to be high end. Made by Skill. Got five batteries in the promotion five-year warranty, even on batteries. One 5amh and four 2.5 amh. Bag and carrying case, three extra blades for saw. Two chargers. $386. Thought it was a good deal. Used both a little so far. Appear to be high quality as advertised.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums