Home

Stuff that matters

Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Stuff that matters - 06/18/22 12:37 PM

My nephew working his summer job. smile

https://rumble.com/v18w8rt-summer-job.html
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Stuff that matters - 06/18/22 12:42 PM

Can we have two categories HT? 1. Stuff that matters now and 2. Stuff that matters forever more laugh

Re: Stuff that matters - 06/18/22 12:53 PM

Not every leap has to be into the deep end.

Re: Stuff that matters - 06/18/22 12:56 PM

But then you could break your neck true?

Just funnin with ya as always.

Hope all is well in MD!

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Stuff that matters - 06/18/22 12:59 PM

Donna and I are here in La Claire, IA, birthplace of William F. Cody. Our bi-annual Cody family reunion is here this weekend and we have us Cody's here from all over the world.
Crazy great bunch.

Family matters!

laugh
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Stuff that matters - 06/18/22 01:22 PM

Don't you know you ain't supposed to look at the welder? lol.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Stuff that matters - 06/18/22 01:57 PM

Get him some propper ppe. That sweatshirt can start on fire. Good for him too. Learning a skill that he'll have forever.

Re: Stuff that matters - 06/18/22 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker Shad
That sweatshirt can start on fire.

He’s young and quick, that’ll be educational.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Stuff that matters - 06/18/22 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Man, I hated guys like you when I was young, Hobbie. Willing to let a guy catch on fire to teach him a lesson instead of just pointing it out before hand! grin
(But to be honest, I never forgot lessons learned that way!)
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Stuff that matters - 06/18/22 03:00 PM

Get him some propper ppe. That sweatshirt can start on fire. Good for him too. Learning a skill that he'll have forever.

Once he gets bit by a few plumbers fleas, he will change his attire. ......... I did way back when
wink
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Stuff that matters - 06/18/22 03:09 PM

I still have scars from those lessons. Makes them hard to forget. Others were just scary enough I can never forget . Some of them I was warned about but disregard being young and knowing better after all the warning was blown off. Like don't wear your wedding ring on the job. Sure I did it for years untill I lucked out with a close call. Had the Frayed End of a cable on theI tugers cable get under my glove and my ring. I was guiding the load around obstacles as it whatever up to the deck of the smoke stack we were building. Being young I was also not tied off 360' in the air leaning out pushing on the cable over to prevent the awkward prebent regarding from catching on the Derrick as it came up. Luckily I was fast and string and grabbed the cable with both hands as I was limited in the air as it was pulled out over the open hole suspended by my ring finger. When the load was up and the trap door closed I came down the the deck with the load. My glove was runt and I had a nice cut on both sides of my ring finger where it dug in. Had I not been fast enough to grab the cable with both hands I believe my finger would have tore off trying to support my full weight and I would have been a splat on the bottom of that stack.
No scar from that one but it's the last time I wore a ring.

Re: Stuff that matters - 06/18/22 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Man, I hated guys like you when I was young, Hobbie. Willing to let a guy catch on fire to teach him a lesson instead of just pointing it out before hand! grin
(But to be honest, I never forgot lessons learned that way!)

Learned many lessons back in the day when us kids were cutting and welding in my buddy’s dad’s shop turning Spider bikes into choppers. Lucky we didn’t burn the neighborhood down. lol
Posted By: cattails

Re: Stuff that matters - 06/19/22 06:48 PM

My nephew working his summer job. smile

https://rumble.com/v18w8rt-summer-job.html

Stuff that matters...so true....I'm always inspired by the human spirit.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums