Home

Stupid Hot

Posted By: Jtrapper

Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 07:31 PM

Been awhile since it was this hot down south, suppose to heat up even more next week, may as well be working in an oven all day!
Posted By: J Staton

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 07:35 PM

Chores done watching college world series in the air. If June is like an oven, reckon late July will be like hades.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 07:35 PM

Nineny two in Birmingham. Just getting warmed up!
Posted By: Boco

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 07:41 PM

Getting back to normal here now after the cold last couple days.
62f out there right now.Gotta go clear some trail soon.Big wind brought down a few chicots.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 07:41 PM

104 projected here next tuesday, good day to go snake hunting.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 07:44 PM

Only 97 here today. I won’t say it’s never been this hot. But it’s been a while since it’s been this hot this early. I know I was leaking like I’d been shot with birdshot while setting traps this morning. Next week is supposed to be hotter than this week. Hoping July and August cool down a little, although I know that ain’t happening.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 07:48 PM

Reminds me of 2012, it was hot and dry that year..About time for another hot spell, just like it has always been at times.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Reminds me of 2012, it was hot and dry that year..About time for another hot spell, just like it has always been at times.

Yeah, now that you mention it we had a hot dry spell about 5-6 years ago. I remember it being so dry you could hear deer walking in the woods from 100 yards away. Hoping we get some rain soon or our dove fields are gonna be mighty sparse.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 07:57 PM

52 here in north Idaho. Almost need to wear a sweater when going outside. smile
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 08:05 PM

57 in Pa today. You Southerners can keep you heat and humidity.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 08:11 PM

It was hot yesterday in Central PA, today I dang near froze mowing the lawn, it was cold and windy.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 08:14 PM

This'll make the climate change folks giddy. More gubmint research money!
Posted By: gcs

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 08:18 PM

69 with a cool 20 knot breeze, I'd take this all summer...

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 08:26 PM

Climate change nuts must of forgot the summer of 1980, i won't ever forget it, was the hottest dryest summer of my lifetime, actual temps were above 100 for two weeks straight, didn't have heat index's back then but id imagine it ran around 125-130 everyday, lol. It was horrible. Saw big oak tree's up and die from it!
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 08:43 PM

Believe it was 2012 or 13. My county reported 90 consecutive days of 100+ heat. Crops all burned up an about cooked all the farmers. I remember saying if I can make it thru this heat I can handle it anywhere
Posted By: Machias

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 08:50 PM

We've only hit the 70s a handful of times this year. High of 57 tomorrow. Might hit 80 for the first time around 1 July. I'll take this any day over what you poor folks are experiencing this year.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Climate change nuts must of forgot the summer of 1980, i won't ever forget it, was the hottest dryest summer of my lifetime, actual temps were above 100 for two weeks straight, didn't have heat index's back then but id imagine it ran around 125-130 everyday, lol. It was horrible. Saw big oak tree's up and die from it!

I remember that summer. Particularly the clock/sign in front of the bank in hueytown with 105° on it. Had never seen that before and hope not to see it again.
Posted By: newfox1

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 11:25 PM

We had a wood fire in northern New York today, cool and breezy.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 11:30 PM

[Linked Image]

FREE AC …right there JTrap…current temp

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/18/22 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Hornady Reloader

You ain’t kidding….I don’t understand why anyone would live down south in the Summah.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 12:01 AM

It's the price we pay to be able to drive every day of the year, grow a garden year round, fish every day without having to cut our way in, and hunt something from Sept to May.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 12:02 AM

We'll get back with y'all in January! wink
Posted By: run

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 12:33 AM

In the 70's today for me. Tomorrow is supposed to be decent too.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Originally Posted by Hornady Reloader

You ain’t kidding….I don’t understand why anyone would live down south in the Summah.

Having lived there, I don't understand why anyone would live up north in the Wintah.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 12:49 AM

You ain’t kidding….I don’t understand why anyone would live down south in the Summah.[/quote]

Having lived there, I don't understand why anyone would live up north in the Wintah.[/quote]

Because you can wear fur in winter and be toasty warm no matter how cold.
After you strip off all your clothes in the heat,there is no more to take off.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

After you strip off all your clothes in the heat,there is no more to take off.

Have you met some of our southern belles?

Case Closed
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 12:57 AM

77 Today
93 Tomorrow
97Monday

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 12:57 AM

Are they hairy?

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 01:19 AM

We have food down here, that's why. Never see me north of the mason / dixon again, ya'll can have that rude foodless country. Sadly everyone in the communist north is migrating down here now so no doubt the yank's will have the south as screwed up as the communist north in due time.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 01:22 AM

Are they hairy?

They're beautiful, and much less hairy than sled dogs, Lol.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 03:33 AM

Are they hairy?

Went out to eat at the local resort last night... Had a nice meal and a couple drinks while taking in the scenery around the pool. That's one of the major benefits of summer down here.

Mike

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 01:28 PM

I think maw nature is bi polar, some spots in the 50's this morning, back to 101 by Wed. though, aggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 02:19 PM

[Linked Image]

JTrap….if I can’t drink beer and fall asleep on a lake ..in my chair ..while fishing…IAM OUT !!!!
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 03:23 PM

Whattaya gonna do when summer gets here???

Replaced my heat pump and air handler yesterday.

Installed it in attic 25 years ago, was Amish built house, so no AC.
Installed in August of '97, almost died.

Replaced yesterday, was 20 degrees cooler outside.
Still almost died, lol.

Ordered a mini split for lower level.
Posted By: swift4me

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 04:08 PM

Most of France has been around 100 degrees for the last week. We set new records for June, and new ones for annual highs. No A/C in most homes and old buildings.

About 20 years ago we had the same thing but longer and over 15,000 old folks died, mostly in Paris. Sad part was it was when everybody was on vacation, so lots of the people who died didn't have anybody checking up on them.

Cooler tomorrow though.

Like said before... if this is June, I'm not looking forward to August.

Pete
Posted By: swift4me

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 04:08 PM

Most of France has been around 100 degrees for the last week. We set new records for June, and new ones for annual highs. No A/C in most homes and old buildings.

About 20 years ago we had the same thing but longer and over 15,000 old folks died, mostly in Paris. Sad part was it was when everybody was on vacation, so lots of the people who died didn't have anybody checking up on them.

Cooler tomorrow though.

Pete
Posted By: Gene Dziza

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 08:11 PM

I'm with you Angela. After 60years of winters, I'm done. It's amazing how much weather can affect a persons mood. A freind from Montana put it well the other day. She said Florida has three months of bad weather and Montana has three months of good weather.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 08:24 PM

A friend planted 51 tomatoes on June 1st, the tops froze on the third. It stay cool until yesterday when we hit 97 and in the 90's today. I would rather put up with the cold. At least some years we have a fur market for our fur.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 08:44 PM

I guess alot of it is what your used to and your outlook on life.

Been all over the US. Been to Florida several times. Once in Feb it was in the '80's and humid, miserable weather.

Been In Alaska in Aug. once, was in the '50's raining on and off for several days and somewhat windy. I was up there fishing. I thought to myself that its probably pretty nice here in the summer, then I remembered it was August at the time.

My daughter lives in Las Vegas. Miserable place. Was there once in May and the temps were in the upper '90's. We cut our vacation short and came home. WI is much nicer in May than Vegas. So hot in Vegas you run from buildings to cars to keep out of the heat. Its like walking into an oven.

Thing about the hot weather is you can't really do much outside but in the winter up north you can dress up and spend the day outside doing all sorts of activities and you'll be comfortable.

And the cold winters keep the riff-raff away.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by swift4me

Cooler tomorrow though.

Pete

We've had really miserable months of June and I really dreaded what July and August were going to bring... And it turned out that July and August were much more mild than June was... It was still summer weather but much more tolerable than June had been.

You might be in for a blast furnace. But you might be surprised and get some decent weather. Hard to predict.

Mike

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 08:53 PM

People in warm climates are lazy-cant blame them-too hot to do anything.bur lay around.
People in colder climates are go getters-gotta keep moving.An example is firewood-it heats you twice-once when cutting and splitting and again when burning.
Shovelling snow all winter keeps you in good shape too.And keeps you warm.
i cant stand heat of any kind anymore.The older I get the better I enjoy the cold.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 08:55 PM

I’ve noticed what Mike mentioned, if June is HOT then generally July and August aren’t as bad. Or either by the time it rolls around you’re already used to it and don’t pay attention to it.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dirty D

Funny thing we think the same of our heat, humidity, snakes and gators
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 09:07 PM

Coming back from the grocery store the pickup said it's 98 here.

Ugh.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 09:15 PM

i cant stand heat of any kind anymore.The older I get the better I enjoy the cold.

Funny I was the exact opposite. As a kid and young adult I LOVED the winter and the snow. But by the time I was 30 or so I hated it.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 10:13 PM

98 degrees is body temp, so if it's not at least 98 degrees out, it's not even hot.

I love the heat.
Posted By: Gene Dziza

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 10:47 PM

People in warm climates are lazy-cant blame them-too hot to do anything.bur lay around.
People in colder climates are go getters-gotta keep moving.An example is firewood-it heats you twice-once when cutting and splitting and again when burning.

It is amazing how much work goes into preparing for winter. In the old days, you did it or you died. Cutting firewood was always one of my favorite chores. I really, genuinely enjoy it. But I don't think any climate has a monopoly on lazy people. Recently, we had a family of Guatemalan's putting a roof on a house we bought. I guess nobody ever told them they're lazy. The mother, the father, teenage daughter and son, and a little boy and girl keeping the yard clean. Hotter than heck, but watching them work was a thing of beauty. There's plenty of hard working people down South and plenty of lazies up North.

No thanks on the shoveling though. I wonder how many hours of my life I've spent shoveling snow. Riding my bike all winter provides the same heath benefits and I have to say, I do enjoy it much more. It's good you enjoy winter. Your fur is much better, that's for sure!
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 10:52 PM

Heat and lack of rain will kill native grasses and trees. Hundreds of live oak trees don't have any leaves on them across my property. Wild persimmon trees have died, algerita bushes didn't bloom, and even prickly pear didn't bloom and some are actually dead.

It has been above 100 degrees for a number of days with some up around 110. Those temps with a south breeze feels like a blow torch when I am out in it. I have had trouble keeping my blood pressure up because of losing so much salt as I perspire heavy when out in it.

This picture was taken a couple of days ago.

[Linked Image]

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 11:35 PM

[/quote]
Originally Posted by Gene Dziza

It is amazing how much work goes into preparing for winter. In the old days, you did it or you died. Cutting firewood was always one of my favorite chores. I really, genuinely enjoy it. But I don't think any climate has a monopoly on lazy people. Recently, we had a family of Guatemalan's putting a roof on a house we bought. I guess nobody ever told them they're lazy. The mother, the father, teenage daughter and son, and a little boy and girl keeping the yard clean. Hotter than heck, but watching them work was a thing of beauty. There's plenty of hard working people down South and plenty of lazies up North.

No thanks on the shoveling though. I wonder how many hours of my life I've spent shoveling snow. Riding my bike all winter provides the same heath benefits and I have to say, I do enjoy it much more. It's good you enjoy winter. Your fur is much better, that's for sure!

Siesta wasnt invented where its cold,dat fo sho.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 11:38 PM

Not so much the heat here as it is the humidity, today the humidity took a break and it's pleasant outside. Had a huge thunderstorm roll through late one afternoon last week so lawn is still green, mowed it earlier. Humidity and crap heat begin again next week though. June has always felt hotter to me than July or Aug. but like was said, maybe by then im just use to it?

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/19/22 11:41 PM

Humidex here tomorrow is supposed to be 42c thats hot for here.
For sure we will get a big thunderstorm right after that kind of weather and things will cool down again.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 12:28 AM

Hot and dusty here 69 F

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 12:38 AM

Are they hairy?

I'd like to interject, here......
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 12:38 AM

The harder you work the hotter you get. It’s obvious who the ones are that don’t work hard.

I always worked hard enough down South that the dingleberries washed out of the gully. Lol
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 12:49 AM

Anyone else disappointed to find out this thread was about the weather?

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 01:10 AM

I've lived in Nebraska and I've lived in Florida. I'm going to try Arkansas.
I'll definitely take cold over hot. It's bad when you peel your wet clothes off like a rabbit skin.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by white dog
The harder you work the hotter you get. It’s obvious who the ones are that don’t work hard.

I always worked hard enough down South that the dingleberries washed out of the gully. Lol

I can make my own mudpies when punching in canine sets. Seriously I sweat so much the front of my britches is a smear of mud. And the ground is dry as a bone.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
[quote=Dirty D]

Not as long as the Dems run things!

Don't matter how cold/hot it is, they are welcomed and taken care of. eek

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 01:54 AM

I heated my home solely with firewood for years... And I did it with hardwood, not wimpy northern conifers that fall apart in a stiff breeze.

I've worked in everything from -50°F to 150°F. It all sucks in one way or another.

Mike

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 03:12 AM

Summer time trapping is getting up at 0600 to check the line and putting in sets before it reaches 90 by 1000. Only issue is the humidity is way up there that early so you still puddle around the set so I’m not sure of the pay off, lol. Gnats are bad early and in the shade, but it is a tad bit cooler. Gnats aren’t bad in the sun and heat, but then your working in the direct sun. Pick your poison. I can tell you if I wasn’t getting paid then my fat butt would be inside and I’d reemerge in September when hunting season starts. I’d hibernate all summer and come out when it cools off!
Posted By: kenny k

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 07:47 PM

Starting to worry about my water pump ......garden and flowers.......don't have any rain in the forecast.
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 08:50 PM

[Linked Image]
This is what It is right now. And they just changed the name of the location!! grin

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 08:55 PM

Don’t know how accurate they are on the precipitation forecast, but I hope it holds true!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 08:57 PM

That would be nice over here!

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 08:58 PM

It’s so bad here a place I trap got 2” of rain from a huge cloud that hung over the place last Tuesday and Wednesday I was kicking up dust checking traps. A little rain every evening would be nice. Or even every other evening.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 10:10 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 10:33 PM

Just hit 100 a half hour ago, here in the frozen north country.
Tom

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Just hit 100 a half hour ago, here in the frozen north country.
Tom

That’s the inland heat…..Yah need some ocean near yah ,to keep temps down.

So no cool air coming down from Canada ?

Around here we get the Montreal express ….when the jet stream is lined up.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 11:15 PM

Wind is blowing strong from the south. No cool north Canadian air,here.
Tom
Posted By: Jags

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/20/22 11:17 PM

[Linked Image]
4:00 this afternoon.

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/21/22 12:21 AM

That's not the wind blowing Tom, it's Canada sucking, lol.
Posted By: eric space

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/21/22 12:26 AM

So cold here last night that the 10 pound bag of ice that I scattered on the lawn at 4 PM yesterday was still there this morning at 7 AM...
Posted By: run

Re: Stupid Hot - 06/21/22 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
That's not the wind blowing Tom, it's Canada sucking, lol.

Really?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums