Home

Got into the musky last night

Posted By: Hutchy

Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 10:18 AM

Went out at 7:30. Bit of rain coming in. Got these two, and missed one.

Had a 40" class pike to the boat but messed with the net too long and it shook off.

Oh well.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: nate

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 10:29 AM

Very nice.
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 10:36 AM

Those are nice! Congrats!

WS
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 11:17 AM

Nice!!!
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 11:22 AM

Nice fish.

Mac
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 11:43 AM

Hutchy, you get some nice fish!
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 12:20 PM

Nice. Are you able to keep them up there?
Lots of money dumped into those fresh water coyotes around here...so they aren't so easy to toss on a grill. I "heard" they taste great, though. smile
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 12:38 PM

Nice !!!
Posted By: micheal

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 12:39 PM

Nice
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 01:31 PM

Good deal
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 01:55 PM

Glad to see that my ALMOST Musky lures are working
Posted By: Strut10

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 02:42 PM

Great fish !!!
Posted By: 160user

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 02:43 PM

We just got back from Ontario and the bite was on! Lots of big Northern's too.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 04:01 PM

Great fish Hutchy.
When are you going to cash in guiding Americans?
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 04:05 PM

Fun evening are you casting your own lure's?Look forward to more musky pic's always.

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by rick olson
Fun evening are you casting your own lure's?Look forward to more musky pic's always.

Got two musky, a 40" pike, a 15 lb bowfin and a 28" walleye on Sunday on my homemade lures.

Last night though I was using a weighted 10" red October tube. Got another 40" class pike too, but it got off at boatside.

But the majority are caught on my lures. Those tubes though, just so awesome the action, and bomb proof to use. Yank, reel, repeat.

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Great fish Hutchy.

I'm kinda weird about that. I feel like catching fish is more valuable to me than money. I paid someone for the first time this year to guide me on the niagara river, and only because it was a buddy of mines friend, and it was half price. We hired a guide this September for a day on eagle lake...

But I feel like finding stuff out for yourself, fishing with buddies etc is all part of the process that makes becoming proficient a special thing.

I would feel weird charging someone money to show them all the spots and techniques it took me a lifetime to learn..

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
We just got back from Ontario and the bite was on! Lots of big Northern's too.

The pike have been on. Where were you?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hutchy
Originally Posted by Boco
Great fish Hutchy.

I'm kinda weird about that. I feel like catching fish is more valuable to me than money. I paid someone for the first time this year to guide me on the niagara river, and only because it was a buddy of mines friend, and it was half price. We hired a guide this September for a day on eagle lake...

But I feel like finding stuff out for yourself, fishing with buddies etc is all part of the process that makes becoming proficient a special thing.

I would feel weird charging someone money to show them all the spots and techniques it took me a lifetime to learn..

I get it,Hutchy I feel the same way.
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/21/22 10:41 PM

Those tube sure do catch fish and like you said easy to fish,I know bucktails are very good,but I like crank baits and jerk baits more and of course top water when it's right for them.Your baits look really nice and they work
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/22/22 02:45 AM

Looks like fun, Hutchy! I feel the same way about guiding people. I don't do it because I hate to be responsible for their disappointment and making them pay for it to boot.

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/22/22 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by rick olson
Those tube sure do catch fish and like you said easy to fish,I know bucktails are very good,but I like crank baits and jerk baits more and of course top water when it's right for them.Your baits look really nice and they work

Water isn't quite warm enough for bucktails here yet. Tubes have a slower glide and side to side walk that is killer right now. My slyder jerkbait has an almost identical action. It seems that fast pull followed by a sideways dart is exactly what they want right now.

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/22/22 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by MnMan
Looks like fun, Hutchy! I feel the same way about guiding people. I don't do it because I hate to be responsible for their disappointment and making them pay for it to boot.

That's part of it too. Managing expectations is tough.

I guided a bit when I was younger, but now,...naw
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/22/22 03:50 PM

There are new world record muskies swimming in our Great Lakes right now and there will be more coming in the future. Huge bodies of water with all types of prey sizes and fatty fish that put on gowth.

Bryce

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/22/22 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
There are new world record muskies swimming in our Great Lakes right now and there will be more coming in the future. Huge bodies of water with all types of prey sizes and fatty fish that put on gowth.

Bryce

MNR did a musky study here a few years back and netted a 62" fish that they say was record potential.

Its those massive pelagic fish that swim around in the big water that are the hardest to find. The kind you might troll for months for a shot at a monster of epic proportions.

Posted By: Green Bay

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/22/22 07:10 PM

Green Bay / Fox River has some amazing potential: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCJSufCRfNw
Posted By: Gene Dziza

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/22/22 10:11 PM

Your fshing posts are incredible Hutchy! Dang.

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/23/22 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Green Bay
Green Bay / Fox River has some amazing potential: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCJSufCRfNw

Wish I could live long enough to fish it all!

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/23/22 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Gene Dziza
Your fshing posts are incredible Hutchy! Dang.

So much of fishing success is created by the luck of where I was born/raised and the opportunities provided by such

Makes ya wonder how much of life is like that.
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: Got into the musky last night - 06/23/22 02:00 AM

Nice fish
© 2024 Trapperman Forums