The door wasn't even locked...

Posted By: Mike in A-town

The door wasn't even locked... - 06/21/22 10:20 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-of...r-unlocked-shooting-officers-waited-keys

Unbelievable. Unacceptable.

Mike
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/21/22 10:30 PM

They had to get orders to stand down, no other explanation, now where did that come from, and why now are they hiding the truth?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 12:27 AM

They had to get orders to stand down

What kind of sorry excuse for a man would obey that order? Whole bunch of em needs to be deported to Somalia or maybe Antarctica.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 12:38 AM

AMEN !
Posted By: Savell

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

What kind of sorry excuse for a man would obey that order? Whole bunch of em needs to be deported to Somalia or maybe Antarctica.

... or back to Mexico
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 12:53 AM

YUP
Posted By: Marty

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 02:31 AM

punks. plenty of cops today are punks.
Posted By: Kart29

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 11:31 AM

The Motorola radios we have at the fire department cost about $6,000 for a hand-held walkie-talkie. When you buy them in bulk for a whole department or county the price comes down to about $4,000 per radio. And, they don't work inside a large building! I think that's about the stupidest thing I can think of.

I can buy a chinese, UHF/VHF radio for $25 and it is able to transmit and receive from inside a school just fine.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kart29
The Motorola radios we have at the fire department cost about $6,000 for a hand-held walkie-talkie. When you buy them in bulk for a whole department or county the price comes down to about $4,000 per radio. And, they don't work inside a large building! I think that's about the stupidest thing I can think of.

I can buy a chinese, UHF/VHF radio for $25 and it is able to transmit and receive from inside a school just fine.

the federal government recalled a lot of the in-use radio spectrum for their own use a number of years ago. That caused many (all?) departments to have to re-tool.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 01:31 PM

Cowards
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
They had to get orders to stand down, no other explanation, now where did that come from, and why now are they hiding the truth?

Exactly...
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 02:19 PM

The guy in charge I that order we d the stand down is a Brandon supporters and wrote a check for 100 to the campaign. Saw it on another sight but don't post pictures so can't include it.
Posted By: DaveP

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 02:23 PM

One officer tried to go in.
He was disarmed and detained.

[Linked Image]

A mother tried, was detained, talked her way out of it, got IN the school, and got her kid out.
A different classroom, but still..
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 03:52 PM

When your children need them, the police are only minutes away but can't figure out how to neutralize the threat for an hour.

To me, this transcends poor training and would seem to suggest some fairly serious character flaws.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 03:55 PM

Absolutely shameful that they weren’t allowed to try getting to the shooter sooner.

Teachers should have the right to be armed as well. Lots to learn from this
Posted By: Kart29

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 06:56 PM

I don't know for sure, but I'll bet the shooting was all over way before the cops could have gotten into the classroom - probably within the first three minutes before the policeman were even in the building.

But who knows??? the delay in getting access to the classroom could have easily delayed medical care that would have been able to save someone's life.

At least all the policeman made it home. Isn't that what it's really all about?

There was case of a firefighter in Georgia 'bout a year or two ago. He violated department SOG and entered a burning house to drag out a victim - a 90 some y.o. female. He got the woman out but she died anyway. He was initially fired from his job for entering the house by himself to make the grab. (There was already a crew with a hoseline inside the structure). But he fought for his job and got back on the department and only busted down in rank. Later I saw news articles that several other area departments made him job offers. It was a controversial topic at the time.

Sometimes you have to break the rules to do the right thing. Decentralized command. Speed, surprise, and violence of action. This is a perfect example of how authoritarian leadership can destroy the ability of an organization to perform its most basic and important functions.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 08:09 PM

In MN, several police officers are being prosecuted for doing nothing to prevent their superior officer from killing George Floyd, a career criminal.

These same cowards should be prosecuted for doing nothing to prevent innocent children and teachers from being massacred.
Posted By: Squash

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 10:31 PM

They will not be standing down when they come for law abiding Americans firearms, lock door or not.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kart29
I don't know for sure, but I'll bet the shooting was all over way before the cops could have gotten into the classroom - probably within the first three minutes before the policeman were even in the building.

But who knows??? the delay in getting access to the classroom could have easily delayed medical care that would have been able to save someone's life.

At least all the policeman made it home. Isn't that what it's really all about?

There was case of a firefighter in Georgia 'bout a year or two ago. He violated department SOG and entered a burning house to drag out a victim - a 90 some y.o. female. He got the woman out but she died anyway. He was initially fired from his job for entering the house by himself to make the grab. (There was already a crew with a hoseline inside the structure). But he fought for his job and got back on the department and only busted down in rank. Later I saw news articles that several other area departments made him job offers. It was a controversial topic at the time.

Sometimes you have to break the rules to do the right thing. Decentralized command. Speed, surprise, and violence of action. This is a perfect example of how authoritarian leadership can destroy the ability of an organization to perform its most basic and important functions.

My understanding is 911 was getting calls from within the classroom from people alive and reporting others alive while cops were waiting in hallway
Posted By: vermontster

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 11:34 PM

They have qualified immunity, the official get out of jail free
Posted By: bblwi

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/22/22 11:56 PM

I guess the NRA is correct that gun violence is a mental health issue and it really shows up with dozens of heavily armed body armored adults sitting in the hall ways counting the rounds going off on unprotected 10 year olds. That is an insane behavior in the least in my view. It will be much easier for them to find one person to blame and also significantly less costly for several law suits against one person who will easily be bankrupted then to take to court a whole security system that performs in a very dysfunctional manner. I don't know if a case can be won on mental illness for insanity but stupidity and cowardliness are hard to prove.

Bryce
Posted By: Marty

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/23/22 12:25 AM

Gross negligence looses them qualified immunity, or it should.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: The door wasn't even locked... - 06/23/22 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by vermontster
They have qualified immunity, the official get out of jail free

Legally, yes. But Uvalde is west of San Antonio... I bet that countryside is swarming with dry gulches.

Mike
© 2024 Trapperman Forums