Home

100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down.

Posted By: yukonjeff

100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 05:33 PM

Another one in Wisconsin, so now we are approaching 100 plants "burning down" since 2021

Keep in mind 10,000 cattle that mysteriously died recently, and all the chickens killed off.

Looks like they were not kidding when they say we will be eating bugs.

There is no way this is a coincidence and no one is looking into it.

Better keep your freezer full. O yea there is a freezer shortage too.
Posted By: white17

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 05:37 PM

Fires

Cattle

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 05:40 PM

Oh yea the fact checkers at Facebook have to keep coming out and saying its been debunked. lol
Posted By: claycreech

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 05:45 PM

A Country Boy Can Survive
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 05:51 PM

This is way i have 4 freezers stocked with fish, venison, hog, squirrell. Stocking up on dried beans, canned food, mre's.
Been feeding the dogs wild game to save money ( dog food is already overpriced)
Food saver to the rescue.
Sarge
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 06:00 PM

Don't know about the rest of the story but I promise you it isn't a mystery why the cattle died. 100% purely caused by heat stress. Anybody who says or implies anything different is either ignorant on the subject or is being deceptive.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Don't know about the rest of the story but I promise you it isn't a mystery why the cattle died. 100% purely caused by heat stress. Anybody who says or implies anything different is either ignorant on the subject or is being deceptive.

No doubt. Lol

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 06:25 PM

Heat could be the reason, but Texas is hotter. How come 10,000 didn't die there. Is this the first time it got hot there.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 06:28 PM

True dat! Seth is speaking the truth!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 06:35 PM

Yukon there are a few feedlots around hereford and amarillo tx but you feed calves out where the grain is not haul grain to the calves. All penned up together in a lot is different than shaded up under a mesquite chewing cud

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 06:37 PM

Unless you were there for the autopsy you really cant say for sure. These people burning down the processing plants (and none getting caught), could easily poison a bunch of cattle and blame it on a hot summer day, and if one of the workers was in on it,or an inspector, who would know. The swamp is deep corruption everywhere.

If your repeating what the news is telling you its probably a lie, like everything else they say.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 06:38 PM

I have heard that cattle cannot inhale much smoke. Our fire department was call to a barn fire, lots of smoke. Some of the cow's started coughing. Two of the farmers said that the cow will die from the smoke. Not sure if that is true or not.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 06:40 PM

I googled it and the first 5 or 6 stories debunked this. That's on the internet so it has to be true. grin

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by yukonjeff
Heat could be the reason, but Texas is hotter. How come 10,000 didn't die there. Is this the first time it got hot there.

It isn't could be, it is. The simple answer to your question. Condition of cattle( fat cattle ready for slaughter compared to lighter conditioned cattle), humidity, air temperature, wind speed or lack of, night time temperature and the cattle's accumulation to the above factors. What happened in SW Ks was all the above coming together at once. And unfortunately it does occasionally happens or to put it this way isn't an unknown rarity when it happens. What's the abnormally here is the attention it's getting.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 06:43 PM

They were all black but the browns and light colored ones survived. The humidity also played a part also.

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 06:47 PM

Unless you were there for the autopsy you really cant say for sure. These people burning down the processing plants (and none getting caught), could easily poison a bunch of cattle and blame it on a hot summer day, and if one of the workers was in on it,or an inspector, who would know. The swamp is deep corruption everywhere.

If your repeating what the news is telling you its probably a lie, like everything else they say.

No in reality poisoning would be obvious just like Heat stress is obvious to a cattlman. You are as I stated above either ignorant on the subject or trying to be deceptive. I don't being your are intentionally being deceptive but trying to suggest it is not Heat stress when it is in face of someone in the know telling you different is some what ignorant.

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 06:48 PM

The conditions were "perfectly predictable" for what happened, to happen
Posted By: Kart29

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by white17

I'm skeptical that there is anything nefarious going on with fires at food processing plants. But, the NFPA article at least is a denial that anything unusual is happening without any evidence to back it up. The only thing it says it that there were a number of industrial fires in 2019. They say there's nothing going on but offer no evidence or statistics to support that.

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 07:16 PM

You guys want to shoot down my conspiracy theory... ok lol

Lets see. The baby formula shortage caused by the government. Fuel shortage caused by the government, Chip shortage so no new vehicles, caused by the government. Bottleneck in the supply chain caused by the government. Biden announce there would be food shortages in the richest country in the world that exports food to the world. Like we used to export oil.

I stand corrected, I guess you guys say this one was just a natural disaster then.

So it was heat stress. Did one of the workers turn off the water in midday when it was the hottest ?

The globalist want food shortages and that's a way to get them. They have ANTIFA doing jobs like burning foodplants when they are not burning the cites.

Bill gates is the largest farm landowner in the US and says we all need to eat bugs.

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Catch22
I googled it and the first 5 or 6 stories debunked this. That's on the internet so it has to be true. grin

Google said Biden got 81 million votes and won the election too.
Posted By: Marty

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 07:33 PM

Wild conspiracy theory? At this point we all need to be open to any possibilities....that is, if we learned anything in the past few years.

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 07:51 PM

Bill gates is the largest farm landowner in the US and says we all need to eat bugs.

I'd be very interested in seeing that statement.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 07:59 PM

There are over 36,000 food and beverage processing firms in the USA. These are the licensed ones. So if we have 100 in 1.5 years we are looking at .25% burning per year. I don't know how that number compares with the historical average percent. also not all burned down totally, but most received significant damage and production capability loss. If the infrastructure in these facilities is aging like much infrastructure in the US is aging then issues with heating, cooling systems etc. would not be surprising. Not many new facilities coming on line with high costs, very delayed construction start dates and heavy doses of regulations to plan into the facility. The beef industry is the least centralized of the major livestock and grain production enterprises but due to drought, high costs of feed and cycles that last 3-4.5 years to down size or ramp up, many don't have the liquidity to take on marginal prices with finding the needed pasture and forages for cows and backgrounding calves. The genetic research can and is rapidly developing many commodity crops like corn, beans lentals, sorghums, cotton etc. that are way more drought tolerant then just a decade ago. Pastures and forage crops like grass and forage legumes still need a lot of water per ton of dry matter and with water supplies shrinking that does not bode real well for our millions of cow and calf operations using mostly forage.

Bryce
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 08:00 PM

I question the fact that if cattel men know about this happening , why didn't they do something to prevent it ?
If it's as common as you say , why wasn't something done to prevent that many dying ?
A sprinkler system , huge fans , or at least some kind of shade ?
I look at it as just being another way this current government is divideing our country .
Just look no farther than this post , I see division !
If it's so common , then whay did the MSM make it a big deal ?
So who foots the bill for those ranchers that lost their cattel ?
The government ?

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 08:01 PM

Here's what it would take for foul play... shut the the water off to less the 5% of the cattle in probably over 30 different feeding operations over a hundred mile area and only to the black hided cattle that were ready to slaughter and restricted the water or give just enough poison to all the other cattle in the feedlots to make them look very Heat stressed also.

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
I question the fact that if cattel men know about this happening , why didn't they do something to prevent it ?
If it's as common as you say , why wasn't something done to prevent that many dying ?
I look at it as just being another way this current government is divideing our country .
The government ?

On the scale of things it's like a home gardener tilling a big farmer suffering from drought to run a hose and sprinkler on his crop.. more and more feeders are putting up shades but it is more expensive than people understand and has to be weighed out against the return of the investment and it is a close call. Most don't understand the scale of larger cattle feeding operations.

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 08:07 PM

The government ?

On the scale of things it's like a home gardener tilling a big farmer suffering from drought to run a hose and sprinkler on his crop.

On one hand it is !
But you're talking feed lots that have been there for how long ?
Since the 1800's ? You would think they didn't get as big as they are by acting like our government .
By the way there's a post on this site about piviot irrigation also .
Farmers find a way to stop losses .

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
Wild conspiracy theory? At this point we all need to be open to any possibilities....that is, if we learned anything in the past few years.

I've been called a conspiracy theorists many times before and will b again but will say that this cattle dying thing has been eye opening for me as a person on the inside looking out

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 08:12 PM

Guys I'm tried of arguing with those who know little but want to tell those who know, that they don't know.

Hered a condensed version of my credentials. A friend lives in the center of the area were the cattle died. He works full time in the cattle industry. He was giving me reports as the cattle were dying. My sis and brother in law sell tens of thousands of cattle directly to the feed yards out there. A guy I graze cattle for is in charge of purchasing 100s of thousands of cattle a year for 8 or 10 feed yards in Ks and Nebraska and his family owns 2 feed yards themselves. But believe what u want... im done arguing
Posted By: Bob

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 08:22 PM

I can’t believe some of you are so willfully ignorant and frothing at the mouth to blame some conspiracy that you are actually arguing with people who know cattle, who have working knowledge of the cattle industry, and are far and away more knowledgeable than you about what killed those cattle. It’s incredible.

It. Was. Heat. Stress. Why didn’t they do anything to prevent it? Because the cost of what it would have taken to prevent it outweighed the loss in revenue it created. A cattleman isn’t going to spend hundreds of thousands, even millions dollars building the infrastructure it would take to prevent a situation like this that may only cause them to lose a few thousand dollars once in a while. Like was mentioned earlier, many factors came together in a perfect storm to create this situation and it doesn’t happen often enough to justify the cost of the infrastructure to mitigate it.

Not only that, it was a drop in the bucket. It sounds like a lot of cattle but on the grand scale of the US cattle industry it barely moves the needle.

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 08:27 PM

On one hand it is !
But you're talking feed lots that have been there for how long ?
Since the 1800's ? You would think they didn't get as big as they are by acting like our government .
By the way there's a post on this site about piviot irrigation also .
Farmers find a way to stop losses .

That’s exactly why they didn’t build the infrastructure to prevent it, because unlike the government, ranchers won’t spend $100 to fix a $1 problem.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 08:29 PM

What I wrote about hereford and amarillo aint off the internet. Its from 4 decades of trucking. Cattle all over ca too but they dont feed them out there. Cheaper to haul calves to grain than it is grain to calves. Die offs from weather extremes are common. 10,000 head is one week of butchering at one processing plant.
Posted By: Marty

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 08:39 PM

the cattle and the food plants may be two different set of circumstances...always has seemed that these cattle died of heat to me....

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
What I wrote about hereford and amarillo aint off the internet. Its from 4 decades of trucking. Cattle all over ca too but they dont feed them out there. Cheaper to haul calves to grain than it is grain to calves. Die offs from weather extremes are common. 10,000 head is one week of butchering at one processing plant.

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 08:43 PM

I had a meteorology prof who liked to say............" common things happen most commonly".

I think it applies both in the case of the fires and the cattle.

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

Is that a serious question or are u being sarcastic
Posted By: bblwi

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 09:11 PM

From 2018-2019 27 million beef cattle were slaughtered in the USA and that includes best data on farm slaughter numbers. I don't know for sure but if the 3.3 million head of dairy cows slaughtered are in there we can subtract out and get 23.7 million and then we could subtract out say 3 million culled beef range cows and we can round off to 20 million fat cattle slaughtered. We can subtract another milllion due to herd reduction due to cost and drought. If we divide 19 milllion by 52 we are slaughtering 365,000 fats a week or 52,000 a day. The reported 10,000 lost is a fore noon of slaughtering for one day out of the whole year. Yes the news can make an issue out of this, what is not news today? Yes we need to seriously look at heat abatment in beef cattle. We have been doing this with sprinklers, fans, misters etc. in dairy cows for a couple decades ad production and reproduction dropped dramatically with heat waves. Iam sure that feed lots will research closely the costs and economic return, but for now it was a whole lot cheaper to lose 3-4% of their head then to do real impactive heat abatement. That may well change if this continues. Another option is to move the lots even further north where at least the nights cool. Then feed transportion costs would go up signficantly.
We all seem to want to tell other commodity producers how to run their businesses and they deal with all the market and climate changes and produce as much as they can as often as they can. We as trappers just keep our traps hanging in the shed and drop out when we don't like the production opporunities.
Bryce
Posted By: Boco

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 09:31 PM

The Chinaman did it with the help of crazy Joe-I read it on a right wingnut news site on the internet.
So its true.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 09:34 PM

X2
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 10:36 PM

Highest feedlot inventory for 5 months in a row since 1996. Plenty of beef if they can get workers to work and diesel to roll the trucks.

https://www.nass.usda.gov/Publications/Todays_Reports/reports/cofd0522.pdf

https://allendale-inc.com/trader-insights/cattle-on-feed/
Posted By: beeman

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/22/22 10:50 PM

Thank you, Foxpaw and bblwi for adding some facts and some sane thoughts to this discussion.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/23/22 12:51 AM

I've seen black cows out in the desert , full sun , crappy water source , 112 degrees

Still mooing

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/23/22 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
I've seen black cows out in the desert , full sun , crappy water source , 112 degrees

Still mooing

Those cows are not the same. They haven’t been fattened on high calorie rich feeds, they aren’t crowded together in pens, and they’ve been selected by the rancher for their ability to survive those conditions.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: 100 Food Processing Plants Burn Down. - 06/23/22 04:41 AM

Folks, I've known Yes Sir's entire family for maybe 30 years and if there is anyone among us to have solid back ground in cattle and inside knowledge of the entire beef industry, they are it. They are also the kind of people who would rarely (probably NEVER) speak out of turn so if one of them says it, I don't need anyone else to verify it.

Black cattle on hot feed with sudden triple digit temps are a receipt for disaster. The momma cows out in the desert probably eat for 3 days to get as much protein as the feed yard steer gets every mouthful. Might as well compare apples to peanuts.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums