Home

Enclosed Cargo Tailers

Posted By: ol' dad

Enclosed Cargo Tailers - 06/22/22 08:24 PM

I'm considering selling my organs, right leg, and 1st born to buy a dual axel 16' enclosed trailer. They've nearly doubled in price over the past two years. My plan is to use it mostly as a toy hauler/hunting camp for the family. I'm looking at a 16'x7' with 7' ceiling height. I think I want the v-nose. Not sure if the slanted v-roof makes a difference or not. It appears that 90% are made it south georgia and then marketed under various brand names. It seems just about every brand has a mix of good and bad reviews. Lots of poor welding comments.

Does anyone have a good recommendation or past good/bad experience with a particular brand? What are the things to look for? It sounds like it should be at least 2x6 tube main frame, and 16' o/c cross members & walls. Most roof look to be 24 o/c. I will probably end up driving form St. Louis to Georgia to buy one. They are 2k higher for the same model locally.

ol'dad

Posted By: G Hose

Re: Enclosed Cargo Tailers - 06/22/22 08:35 PM

I do know the homesteader trailers are junk. When we was looking at them the first thing I would do when I got out of the truck was grab that aluminum fender. If it was stout I’d keep looking at the trailer. If it was flimsy junk I’d leave. We ended up with a Leonard trailer. Made in Georgia as well but a lil different from the rest the best I could tell. We ended up with a 6x14
Posted By: Smoky Hill

Re: Enclosed Cargo Tailers - 06/22/22 08:52 PM

sharpmanufacturing.com Enclosed trailers made in Blue Rapids, KS
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Enclosed Cargo Tailers - 06/22/22 10:19 PM

Might talk to some Lawn & Garden Co's, or a Scout Troop to see how they like them.
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Enclosed Cargo Tailers - 06/23/22 12:12 PM

Thanks for the link Smoky hill. I'll check them out. I'm just looking for a mid value trailer. I won't be pulling it for commercial use so it doesn't need to be the best of the best.

Ol dad
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Enclosed Cargo Tailers - 06/23/22 12:25 PM

RC-Royal Cargo makes a nice well built trailer.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums