Home

Yard Sale

Posted By: Nittany Lion

Yard Sale - 06/22/22 11:35 PM

The wife is having a yard sale this weekend, I decided to sell some user traps. So far she has spent the better parts of 4 days getting her stuff together and displaying it, it took me about 3 minutes to display my traps.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Yard Sale - 06/23/22 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
The wife is having a yard sale this weekend, I decided to sell some user traps. So far she has spent the better parts of 4 days getting her stuff together and displaying it, it took me about 3 minutes to display my traps.

It has begun. frown
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Yard Sale - 06/23/22 01:09 AM

can you save me a few (MinktoberFest)?

I'd like to buy a few of your traps (would want the tags on 'em).
Posted By: Gene Dziza

Re: Yard Sale - 06/23/22 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin
can you save me a few (MinktoberFest)?

I'd like to buy a few of your traps (would want the tags on 'em).

So, I've thought about that for years. Buying traps from some well known trappers, WITH a tag on them. I would love to have gotten one of Johnny Thorpes traps. I took lessons from him and should have paid him way to much for a trap with a tag. Anybody have a collection like that? I'd love to have one of Slims traps, and Pauls and some others.
Posted By: Zim

Re: Yard Sale - 06/23/22 01:47 PM

No collection by any means but Patrice and I have a Blake and Lamb No.44 double long spring with Paul's and his Father's tags on it.
Picked it up at a real good price at a Minnesota shindig a few years back.

Zim
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Yard Sale - 06/23/22 02:07 PM

I have a couple traps with Leo Hoeft's tags on them. I also have 2 axes that Leo used on his line. No tags of course but they have the initials "L.H." on them.

Not really a collector, mostly an accumulator.

Moosetrot
Posted By: 160user

Re: Yard Sale - 06/23/22 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Zim
No collection by any means but Patrice and I have a Blake and Lamb No.44 double long spring with Paul's and his Father's tags on it.

Zim

I should have bid against you some more. Many well known trappers have donated traps with tags on them for various fundraisers in the past. I used to have several but got rid of all of them a while back.
Posted By: Striperfred

Re: Yard Sale - 06/23/22 04:18 PM

Are you selling any old magazines or literature?
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Yard Sale - 06/23/22 06:59 PM

My wife had one last weekend. How I hate them ! She promised, in front of witnesses, to never have another one.

Re: Yard Sale - 06/23/22 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Striperfred
Are you selling any old magazines or literature?

No paper being sold at the yard sale. The traps I am selling were not my own personal user traps, they were some odds and ends from days gone by. 7 Blake and Lamb number 1 long springs, 1 Blake and Lamb number 1 1/2 long spring, 4 110 body grips, 2 vintage Blake and Lamb jump traps and 6 1 1/2 Victor coil springs.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Yard Sale - 06/23/22 11:31 PM

How did the sale go??

Re: Yard Sale - 06/23/22 11:47 PM

Starts tomorrow. I predict my traps will sell better than the merchandise my wife and daughter put on the tables. They took up all the good space, lol, I will still out sell them. Traps rock, clothing does not.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Yard Sale - 06/24/22 12:12 AM

Good luck Nittany
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Yard Sale - 06/24/22 01:42 AM

One time my friends wife had a sale in their barn. I had a couple tables of antiques and tools, she had a ton of kids clothes and toys. They walked right past my tables to get to hers. I made 40.00, she did 400.00.
Posted By: Zim

Re: Yard Sale - 06/24/22 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by Zim

Zim

I should have bid against you some more. Many well known trappers have donated traps with tags on them for various fundraisers in the past. I used to have several but got rid of all of them a while back.

Heck. we should have pooled our money and went to Costa Rica fishing for a month or so.
Finally got the loan paid off on that one.

Zim

Re: Yard Sale - 06/24/22 03:09 AM

Yeah, I heard baby and kid clothes sell well, my wife and daughter are selling adult clothing. In the past that did not sell very well. She went to an Amish store this evening and purchased a bunch of whoopee pies, maybe they will sell, lol.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Yard Sale - 06/24/22 09:13 AM

Jim, I believe you have a mink trapping book authored by a gentleman from my hometown in MN. If you ever want to sell it I'm just the man to buy it.
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Yard Sale - 06/24/22 10:57 AM

Starts tomorrow. I predict my traps will sell better than the merchandise my wife and daughter put on the tables. They took up all the good space, lol, I will still out sell them. Traps rock, clothing does not.

I completely agree with you on traps rocking, but it will depend on who is attending. If I see a garage sale with all baby and women's clothing, I will turn around and walk out but my girlfriend will hang around and handle and inspect every article of women's clothes. If we see a sale with a lot of guy's stuff, I will linger and inspect every article while she bolts back to the car very quickly.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Yard Sale - 06/24/22 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by MnMan

I completely agree with you on traps rocking, but it will depend on who is attending. If I see a garage sale with all baby and women's clothing, I will turn around and walk out but my girlfriend will hang around and handle and inspect every article of women's clothes. If we see a sale with a lot of guy's stuff, I will linger and inspect every article while she bolts back to the car very quickly.

Please let us know if she finds any "cute" outfits for you. smile
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Yard Sale - 06/24/22 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by MnMan

Please let us know if she finds any "cute" outfits for you. smile

You can rest assured that she already has.

Re: Yard Sale - 06/24/22 11:46 PM

I sold out, every thing I had in the wife's garage sale sold today. My wife didn't do so good, lol. She said it was the poorest yard sale she ever had. I got better prices for the traps I sold than what tailgaters get at a convention. The Amish don't mind paying the price.
Posted By: run

Re: Yard Sale - 06/25/22 12:11 PM

Happy to hear that you got a decent price for your traps.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Yard Sale - 06/25/22 12:30 PM

I sold out, every thing I had in the wife's garage sale sold today. My wife didn't do so good, lol. She said it was the poorest yard sale she ever had. I got better prices for the traps I sold than what tailgaters get at a convention. The Amish don't mind paying the price.

This sound so familiar. Our old place was 4.5 mile down gravel. But just before it turns to gravel there is a place that has events.

One weekend my wife thought a ya red d sale would be a good idea during those events. She p
Spent a lot of time and effort getting things ready and the yard layed out.

I took a few cheap scopes that came with guns or I some how ended up with and had been in my way for years out to her sale. My stuff sold she didn't do so well.

Since then goodwill drop off trips became more common for her. Guess she figured yard sales out in the country are not worth the effort.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Yard Sale - 06/25/22 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

This sound so familiar. Our old place was 4.5 mile down gravel. But just before it turns to gravel there is a place that has events.

One weekend my wife thought a ya red d sale would be a good idea during those events. She p
Spent a lot of time and effort getting things ready and the yard layed out.

I took a few cheap scopes that came with guns or I some how ended up with and had been in my way for years out to her sale. My stuff sold she didn't do so well.

Since then goodwill drop off trips became more common for her. Guess she figured yard sales out in the country are not worth the effort.

I have 24 Sale signs I use when we have a Country sale.
We live 7.5 miles out of town and we do Extremely well on Wednesdays, Thurs. & Saturdays- half day.
Fridays suck; people don't hardly ever change their Friday Plans. We chose up Thursday night and open Again Friday.

I believe in having a sign every 45 seconds while driving. No one turns around.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums