Home

FHA sale begins today.

Posted By: trapperman222

FHA sale begins today. - 06/23/22 01:46 PM

Well here we go. Anyone holding there breath ? Ranch fur today wild fur starts tomorrow.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/23/22 02:33 PM

When I look at the quantities of fur and the fact that NAFA is now out of the picture I'm surprised that there is so little. Looks like roughly the same quantities on most species as FHA offered 12-13 years ago.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/23/22 02:38 PM

Very little fur trapped last year, this year will be less.
Posted By: Castormound

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/23/22 04:15 PM

Just waitin for the big bucks to start rollin in!!!!!!
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/23/22 05:00 PM

They are on page 56 of 81 on regular ranch mink. Then the breeders and Section III.

It is slow going. Not a lot of action but they are selling a few. Should be more bidding when they get to the ranch fox.

Note - it has take. 6 hours to do 60 pages. 10 pages an hour. S L O W.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/23/22 05:51 PM

Nancy, has there been any word on why this is still an internet sale? Were they worried that if they planned one and trudope locked the country up again, it would hurt worse? That iis my guess, but just a guess!

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/23/22 06:12 PM

Covid issues in China. War in Ukraine. Less expensive for FH to run the sale. Those are 3 reasons.

They are happy with the way the internet sales go, may not want to go back. Just my opinion.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/23/22 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson

That's because I retired from trapping .

grin
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/23/22 11:34 PM

Yea Im done too so the numbers will be way lower......
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
Covid issues in China. War in Ukraine. Less expensive for FH to run the sale. Those are 3 reasons.

They are happy with the way the internet sales go, may not want to go back. Just my opinion.

I read somewhere that the internet auctions are starting to catch on.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 12:16 AM

Every sale is a fire sale now, is the new normal.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

I read somewhere that the internet auctions are starting to catch on.

Yup. A lot more bidders than on the first internet sale. The pictures really help. Bobcats are a tough sell without in person inspection.

It saves me a lot of money to buy at an internet sale.
Posted By: mud

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 01:10 AM

Wissmiss, do you feel you can properly gauge a high end fur like a quality wolf or really good cat from the online platform though? I’d be afraid to take the plunge without having hands on inspection I would think. That’s one reason I’d be curious to see an example of the buyers catalog.
Some day I’d be interested in one of the better arctic wolves but I’d have serious apprehension about spending that kind of money on the online platform.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 10:47 AM

Up today. Coyote, coon and wild mink.
Posted By: Saskfly

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 11:35 AM

They are on page 56 of 81 on regular ranch mink. Then the breeders and Section III.

It is slow going. Not a lot of action but they are selling a few. Should be more bidding when they get to the ranch fox.

Note - it has take. 6 hours to do 60 pages. 10 pages an hour. S L O W.

Still think you would get a better value for the trapper if a bid extended the closing time on a lot. Most of the online auctions use this system now and it can add a lot of value to an item.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 11:55 AM

^^^^ this
Posted By: cat catcher

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 12:23 PM

It there an order of the sale somewhere so we know what’s coming up each day?
Posted By: Saskfly

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 12:28 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 12:43 PM

Thanks
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 12:44 PM

Is there a link to these sales?

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 12:49 PM

Only if you are a buyer. Nothing to watch. It’s all on line. You would be watching a screen update every 30 seconds.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 01:35 PM

Wiss miss are you buying wolves or Wolverine?

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 01:54 PM

Not buying wolves this sale. I will be bidding on some wolverine but if it is anything like the March sale, I don’t stand a chance of actually buying any.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 02:04 PM

wissmiss, can you see what coyotes are selling for now?

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 02:18 PM

Lot 10 on the Wolverine is mine.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by trapperman222
wissmiss, can you see what coyotes are selling for now?

They are on page 22 (of 63) on coyotes. Not a lot of action.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by cat catcher

That’s a big wolverine. For my customers, I prefer ones that have a lighter color on the Diamond. So I probably won’t be bidding on yours. Sorry

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 04:13 PM

not a lot of action on coyotes ? I'm sure coons will be much better this afternoon. sleep
Posted By: FurSJ

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 04:21 PM

Coyotes finished up little action, coon have more interest and will start closing down shortly

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 04:25 PM

It will be awhile before they get to raccoons. They still have 25 pages of coyotes. That is at least 3 hours. It took 5 hours to do the first 35:pages.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 05:07 PM

That’s a big wolverine. For my customers, I prefer ones that have a lighter color on the Diamond. So I probably won’t be bidding on yours. Sorry

Is there a valuation on that Wolverine? Or minimum bid

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 07:53 PM

Finally done with coyotes!! On page 2 of raccoon. Only 29 pages of raccoon.

There is a fair amount of bidding/buying. Not gonna talk about the prices the lots are selling for. LOL

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 07:57 PM

Why? You would only be the messenger! LOL
Posted By: proratman

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson

That's because I retired from trapping .

grin

That means more fur for us!

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler

Because - there are plenty of folks on Tman that have no problem “shooting” the messenger. LOL
Posted By: 080808

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 08:54 PM

wissmiss. Unfortunately your correct.
Posted By: blackhammer

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/24/22 09:05 PM

There basically is no fur market right now. Shoot me. Actually I think everybody knows that. If we see an end to the countless lockdowns in China we could see one although cheap in the future.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 04:16 AM

I'll be interested to see how lot #10602 in beaver goes tomorrow. Got 18 pelts in that lot.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 04:58 AM

Carl - your PM box is full. You should think about emptying it. $14.50.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 05:06 AM

Because - there are plenty of folks on Tman that have no problem “shooting” the messenger. LOL

Ms Nancy, I've got your back. Let me know when this happens and I'll take care of it.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 06:11 AM

Paul - it’s a pretty long list. LOL. Actually, I was making (trying to make) a joke. Can’t think of any one that needs to be dealt with. Thanks for thinking of my well being. smile
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 11:20 AM

i would like to see more they are selling for is there a site ?
Posted By: mike mason

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 11:27 AM

Thanks for keeping the trappers updated.
Posted By: crosspatch

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 11:33 AM

Yes Wissmiss coming through once again with some insight as to not just how sale is going but what is behind those results.

No embellishment or paranoia. Just the straight goods as she sees it. Keep it up Wissmiss and there are lots of us who will deal with any detractors that may appear.

On the Canadian forum we used to have a guy called "Manitoba Bow Hunter" who used to give us some pretty good insight into taxidermy goods at the sales but he has not been on in a couple of years.

As they rightly say to the military "Thank you for your service".
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
i would like to see more they are selling for is there a site ?

X2

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 11:51 AM

Only registered buyers can see how things are selling. Not sure FH reasoning

It is very boring - hitting the refresh button every so often. I can see what sold, for how much and the buyer number.

They are on page 6 of the beaver catalog. Larger sizes, better goods. I would estimate about 80-85% of the lots are selling. Prices don’t look that bad. IMO

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 11:59 AM

Thanks for your time.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by crosspatch
Yes Wissmiss coming through once again with some insight as to not just how sale is going but what is behind those results.

No embellishment or paranoia. Just the straight goods as she sees it. Keep it up Wissmiss and there are lots of us who will deal with any detractors that may appear.

On the Canadian forum we used to have a guy called "Manitoba Bow Hunter" who used to give us some pretty good insight into taxidermy goods at the sales but he has not been on in a couple of years.

As they rightly say to the military "Thank you for your service".

He was the/a fur buyer for GFW Canada travelling in Manitoba.....so maybe a company policy he did not want to cross
but he still reads a open forum

Thanks again for the Tim Bits Nancy.
dang Canadian auto correct should read tidbits
Posted By: walleye101

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 01:19 PM

We appreciate the updates Nancy.

A couple of general questions if you don't mind.

Since this is a buyers market, with more product available than demand, there is probably little incentive to exceed valuation. Is there any competative bidding going on above valuation? Does the FHA auction process allow bids below valuation? And if so, are they generally holding the line, or are they moving product below valuation prices?

Thanks for any insight you are comfortable providing.
Posted By: Joe1

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 02:00 PM

a lot of the reason fha has always been smaller in numbers because of their tight mouth dont know if they dont know the know how to do things if they dont want to be any bigger dont know i do know ive talked to a lot of guys over several years that would have done more with them if they would open up more what they were doing at the auctions been that way for a lot of years

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 02:22 PM

Wissmiss , can you tell me what lot 10021 and 10108 sold for ? thanks

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 02:25 PM

Carl - your PM box is full. You should think about emptying it. $14.50.

OK, did a little house-keeping. Thanks Nancy! In the early sale those same beaver went for $17.50 Oh well. I think I was only offered $5 at K. Falls.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 04:01 PM

Walleye101 - here is some info about your questions.

Let me start by saying, I’m not glued to my iPad screen 12 hours a day watching the auction. Unless it is an item I’m interested in, I check in occasionally to see what is going on. Explaining how the online auction program works is a bit complicated and I won’t even attempt it. So what I’m going to say is generalized.

As far as competitive bidding, there is some. How much I don’t know because I’m not watching the screen full time. It appears on the better raccoon there was a fair amount of competitive bidding. Not so much on the mid grades.

One extreme example of competitive bidding was on one lot, which happened to be r at her specialized. The value was $5.00. The lot sold for $51.00. This is the exception rather than the rule. I know this for a fact because I was involved in the bidding war. Unfortunately, I ran out of money before several other bidders. LOL

They are basically holding the line, within auction standards. The computer forces that. The computer isn’t capable of thinking, like a live auctioneer. A live auctioneer can look at the description of a certain lot and say that $10.00 is a fair offer for those goods, even though the valuation is $20.00. And he will sell for the $10.00 offer. I’ve seen that any number of times in a live auction room.

The computer program says, I’m told this item is worth $20.00. Therefore I will not accept the $10.00 offer. Not to say that $10.00 offer won’t be accepted in the PT room. And as we all know, no one knows what goes on in the PT room except for the 2 people in there. LOL.

I mentioned “auction standards”. Unless the lot has a shippers limit on the valuation, there is always a bit of wiggle room, whether it is on line or a live auction. That standard is 10%. It is almost automatic. If the valuation is $20.00, a bid of $18.00 is acceptable and accepted. A bid of $16.00 is not. The on line program is set up the same way. The acceptable percent varies from species to species, depending on the market for that item.

So, FH is moving product below valuation. BUT the same thing would be happening with a live auctioneer.

The on line bidding program will NOT allow a fire sale.

Hopefully that answers your questions, if not let me know.

One last comment - if you want to see competitive bidding in the one line auction, wait until Monday. Bidding on the wolverine will be nuts.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 04:26 PM

One last comment - if you want to see competitive bidding in the one line auction, wait until Monday. Bidding on the wolverine will be nuts.

Why do you think bidding on Wolverine will be nuts? Cause there’s not many? Or is that what everyone’s looking for?

Once again thanks for all you updates and all you do

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 04:29 PM

Does anyone know when the accounts are updated to reflect the sold or bought back ? My beavers have nothing yet and I'm sure some have sold.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 04:35 PM

I’m assuming wolverine will be nuts because they were in March. In March, some sold for 3 times valuation, especially in the lower end goods.

Only so many being offered - less than 200. It is a speciality item that is in high demand in the tourist/craft trade.
Posted By: keets

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 04:36 PM

last auction (if I remember right) nothing was updated til it was all over

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 04:46 PM

It seems logical that they would do one big update when the sale is over. That will be Monday evening.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 04:47 PM

Thanks Nancy for your very informative answers. Good to know.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 04:48 PM

Actually things were updated a couple of times during the last auction. And a few times after with PT sales. No updates so far and no idea how they will proceed this time though.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 07:24 PM

Wissmiss - what was ".......happened to r at her specialized. The value was $5.00. The lot sold for $51.00"

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 08:15 PM

A group of 6 extra, extra, extra dark (not quite black) coyotes. Definitely going to the tourist trade.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 08:48 PM

They are 1/3 of the way through bobcats. The first 2.5 pages sold. It died when they got to the real fancy western cats, except for a lot here and there. Once they got to the lower price cats, things started moving again. Still have 30 pages of cats to sell.

Another long day.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 09:07 PM

Wissmiss, if you don’t mind, did clearances hold up on the beaver after page 6 or into the otter? Those are about the only 2 species I shipped this go around.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 09:25 PM

Clearances on beaver we’re very good all the way. There was a string on page 15 and a string on page 22, that didn’t sell. Maybe dealer goods with a high limit. Just a quick glance through looks like everything else was close to 100%

Otter started out slow - sporadic sales on first 6 pages. Pick up from page 7 until the end.

I didn’t pay any attention to actual prices.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/25/22 09:26 PM

Thanks for the update

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 11:52 AM

Marten and lynx up today, hope things sell well.
Posted By: jax7725

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 12:34 PM

Has anyone's account updated with items sold yet? Either I havnt sold a thing or nothing has updated on my end.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 12:36 PM

Marten are finished. Muskrats are struggling. First string sold and so far that’s all.
Posted By: d2009

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 12:46 PM

Beaver have updated on my account, i only had 6 but averaged $19.75 , im happy with that

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 02:29 PM

Beaver and otter updated. Looks like all my beaver sold. Just glancing, but section III hatters definitely jumped quite a bit. Beaverpeeler should be happy with his decision vrs selling them at Klamath. I did better than I expected. I had nearly 80 there and the only one showing unsold is a lot number not in the catalog

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 02:38 PM

I think everyone that shipped beaver to this sale will be pleasantly surprised.

Not so for those who shipped sable, muskrats and coyotes. They are struggling. Actually worse than struggle. frown

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 02:54 PM

Let’s hope lynx do well I finally got one in the top lot but I see there’s a lot in the top lot so I won’t hold my breath.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 03:08 PM

Seems like the first “lot” in the Lynx catalog is a string lot. Not sure that is your typical “top lot”.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 03:22 PM

When you can average $15 on your junk beaver you're pretty dang happy. Probably would have been even happier if I had moved my good stuff through this sale as well. I think I averaged $19 on the OTC sale for the rest of them.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 03:28 PM

Carl - hind sight is always 20-20. LOL

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 03:40 PM

Got my calculator out and figured out what my beaver average was for 2022. With carcasses, castor, sac oil and pelts (carcasses sold with tail and head this year) I averaged $37.72

Takes some of the sting out of my major breakdowns this year. And for the record, my best ever pelt average from about 25 years ago was right at that.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 03:46 PM

Now let's see what the skunks do. Got eight on there.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 03:47 PM

Carl, to keep things in perspective a dollar today is worth 70 percent less than it was 25 years ago and you were still the byproduct to sell.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 03:47 PM

Let us know how the skunks do, I get a feeling the skunk trade is going to see production increases next year lol.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 03:50 PM

True that. But us "ever the eternal" optimists will take whatever we can get as we grasp for straws in today's fur market. LOL

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 03:51 PM

What did the 3x good damage sell for Carl? Ironically I had none in the big size go section III this year. But Xl was 16.50.

I only sold castor and pelts here but every beaver averaged out a few pennies under 30 for me. Considering I did about all out of a kayak here, it was the right choice for me this year considering the market.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 03:52 PM

Fair amount of interest in the skunks. Nothing gang busters at the moment. But that will probably change once it gets closer to selling time tomorrow.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 04:01 PM

Mud, apparently the whole string of blanket gd dmg went for $19. I had 22 in two different lots all @$19. XL gd dmg went for $16.50 Even the LM gd dmg went for $10.00
Posted By: Sask hunter

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 04:04 PM

So far looks like I sold 6/6 beavers for $19 avg and 1/20 coyotes for 24$. Going to have to take up beaver trapping instead of coyotes lol

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 04:05 PM

Mud, apparently the whole string of blanket gd dmg went for $19. I had 22 in two different lots all @$19. XL gd dmg went for $16.50 Even the LM gd dmg went for $6.50

Yeah I glanced at mine earlier and saw section III jumped a fair percentage. Some section III sold higher than the Slt Dgd in the regular strings in the same size.

I think lg Md went 10 and mediums were 6.50 now that I’m looking

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 04:39 PM

Yeah Mud, I misquoted. You're right...the LM gd dmg went for $10 Quite an increase from last sale.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 05:15 PM

Are those beaver prices before commission and other deductions?

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 05:16 PM

Yes. Prices posted are hammer price.
Posted By: d2009

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 05:50 PM

Guessing mink didnt sell, nothing updated there

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 06:04 PM

On wild mink - 3 lots out of 130 or so lots sold. A total of 110 skins.

Inventory to start next season. smile

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 09:17 PM

They onto lynx yet?
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 09:28 PM

What's going on with beaver? Noticed back in Feb.at a state sale junky southern beaver were bringing what they did 20 years ago. Mink only 2 bucks so no shocker no interest in them. Just curious who is all of a sudden using beaver again?
Posted By: bblwi

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 10:18 PM

I had 3 3xl-2xl select hvy rats sell fo $7.00. Those are the only ones listed as sold on mly lotting slate. Does anyone know if other sizes and grades of rats sold or not?

Bryce

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 10:46 PM

The first string of rats sold straight through at $7.00. The one lot of black rats sold at $7.00. Plus one other small string. That is all that sold during the sale. Not sure what is going on PT.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 10:58 PM

Sounds like BOHICA to me with the muskrats. frown

w

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 11:05 PM

I guess one could surmise that there is a "fairly" poor fur market right now when most of the posts on this thread are talking about an international sale and discussing 150 wolverenes and 2,000 skunks!
As strange as it may sound in a market like this I am sur glad I am a producer and not a buyer, broker, tanner, garment maker or retailer.
Bryce
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 11:09 PM

bblwi- I also had a few of the 3X-2X Select Heavy @ &7.00. Also had another lot of muskrat sell @ $5.00
Posted By: marathonman

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 11:16 PM

Thank God for beaver

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by marathonman
Thank God for beaver

Yep! And Thank God I have some beaver to trap for this coming season!

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/26/22 11:22 PM

3X-2X GD SLT muskrats sold @ $5.00
Posted By: Castormound

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 12:03 AM

Cats did well

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 01:21 AM

How did coon do? Besides bad.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 01:30 AM

Actually quite a few of the raccoon sold. Better tan 50% I would say. Prices weren’t that great in many cases but they did sell.

Unlike coyotes, rats and wild mink which barely sold any.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 03:34 AM

I guess some of the coons have been there long enough so they improved in storage a bit! My remaining coon are in the lower end of the north centrals and did not move.

Bryce

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 03:36 AM

Paul is gonna have gangbuster business with his beaver lures this fall. Hope he made enough!

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 05:44 AM

10.00 and 14.00 beaver isn't going to cut It.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 06:19 AM

When the dust settles from this sale I'll bet we see that the beaver situation has improved. I had 100% clearance on 69 beaver on the sale and the prices on the section III was almost as good as it was back when beaver were doing good 10-12 years ago.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
What's going on with beaver? Noticed back in Feb.at a state sale junky southern beaver were bringing what they did 20 years ago. Mink only 2 bucks so no shocker no interest in them. Just curious who is all of a sudden using beaver again?

Good questions. I doubt it's the hatter market driving prices on 2X-3X over $30.
Posted By: 160user

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 01:00 PM

Paul - it’s a pretty long list. LOL. Actually, I was making (trying to make) a joke. Can’t think of any one that needs to be dealt with. Thanks for thinking of my well being. smile

What? Not even me? I need to up my game! smile
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
I had 3 3xl-2xl select hvy rats sell fo $7.00. Those are the only ones listed as sold on mly lotting slate. Does anyone know if other sizes and grades of rats sold or not?

Bryce

only 3 or 4 lots of rats sold-unreal

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
Originally Posted by Jtrapper

Good questions. I doubt it's the hatter market driving prices on 2X-3X over $30.

98% hatter market for sure
Posted By: washxc

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 02:35 PM

This is my first time sending fur to the auction. 24/24 beaver sold, I'm happy. Only 1 rat sold and everything else is unsold. Do they still do the PT thing or do goods just get held over until the next sale?

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 02:36 PM

I doubt the hatters are buying blankets at $30 when they can get just as much felt from gd dmg for $19.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 02:38 PM

Wissmiss must be in active bidding wars on the zoo critters. Nothing from her yet today.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Are those beaver prices before commission and other deductions?

Wish they were inflation adjusted prices.
Posted By: bob maier

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 07:11 PM

None of my coyotes or rats sold.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by MB Coonguy
Originally Posted by bblwi

Bryce

only 3 or 4 lots of rats sold-unreal

Thanks MB for your bidding on them, otherwise there would not have been any sold
Posted By: teepee2

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 10:04 PM

I had one of those $7.00 rats. But the one coyote I sold smoked the rat $7.50. laugh

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 10:11 PM

The FH sale is over. The last lot has closed. Now the cheering and crying can begin.

There were high points and There were low points. And there were points not even worth talking about.

My understanding is that the PT person has been rather busy. I have no idea what is going on in that office. But I’m sure some of you will let us know when your accounts are updated. LOL

Another fur season ends. Will next season be better?? Who knows………..

Hope every one has a safe summer.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 10:21 PM

wissmiss. Thanks for your updates. I’m sure Paul will reward you with a modest salary increase.
Posted By: IowaTrapper

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 10:36 PM

Thanks wissmiss, I didn't have any fur here, but I like to keep track of where things are. I wish they had an online deal so anybody could watch like nafa did, but then again their gone so perhaps it's good they don't!
Thank you!

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/27/22 10:59 PM

Many of you are concerned about attendance /participation in an internet auction as opposed to a live auction. Here is an interesting note from a post on Facebook.

Ken Frederick, a FHA employee based in North Bay, stated that for this internet auction they had more buyers registered than would fit in their auction room!! To me, that says something. More buyers usually means more bidding.

An internet auction allows me, as a small buyer, to bid on goods WITHOUT spending a couple thousand dollars to attend a sale in person in North Bay. That is a big plus for many small buyers. True, a small buyer doesn’t spend that much money BUT a lot of small buyers spending a little money all adds up.

Ken also made the comment that the coyote market is what it is. The outcome wouldn’t have been any different if their auction room had been full of live buyers. No one wants coyotes!!!

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 07:23 AM

How much does FHA charge for commission?

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 07:28 AM

11% plus drumming on long hair species and shipping.

The buyer also pays a commission. 8.2% plus a per pelt handling fee that varies by species.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 08:20 AM

Did the wolves and Wolverine do well?

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 01:41 PM

Did the wolves and Wolverine do well?

THEY DID VERY VERY WELL!

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 02:05 PM

How do you know?
Posted By: minklessinpa

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 02:58 PM

when will our accounts be updated? mine only shows beaver being sold.
Posted By: kingrat

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 03:10 PM

they are updated

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 03:28 PM

Not mine. I just checked....except for beaver. Waiting to hear how the stinkers did.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 03:45 PM

Prolly didn't sell anything else, Peeler. Mine shows the beaver and cats sold, the rest don't surprise me! Not sure on the stinkers, they been good for so many years, they prolly went in the crapper like everything else! Hope not!

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 03:56 PM

How did you make out on your cats Lee?

I would be surprised if none of the skunks sold since Nancy mentioned there had been some activity in that regard a day or two before the gavel struck.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 05:11 PM

Most of the skunks sold except for the IIs and the damages.
Posted By: Lance Squires

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 06:12 PM

I sold 3 of the 26 coyotes I had left from the earlier sale. They went for a total of $9.00. Won't be much left after the commission and drumming. I wanted to reduce the coyote population around here but this makes it very difficult, lol.
Posted By: Bob

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 06:20 PM

Looks like all my coyotes will be tanned for my own use this year. Anybody know what the nicer western bobcats went for?

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 06:24 PM

The nicer western bobcats, especially the bigger sizes, were not sold. $700.00 cats are not easy to sell. Even $500.00 ones struggle.

I have no idea what is happening in the PT room.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 06:43 PM

Many of you are concerned about attendance /participation in an internet auction as opposed to a live auction. Here is an interesting note from a post on Facebook.

Ken Frederick, a FHA employee based in North Bay, stated that for this internet auction they had more buyers registered than would fit in their auction room!! To me, that says something. More buyers usually means more bidding.

An internet auction allows me, as a small buyer, to bid on goods WITHOUT spending a couple thousand dollars to attend a sale in person in North Bay. That is a big plus for many small buyers. True, a small buyer doesn’t spend that much money BUT a lot of small buyers spending a little money all adds up.

Ken also made the comment that the coyote market is what it is. The outcome wouldn’t have been any different if their auction room had been full of live buyers. No one wants coyotes!!!

Just because they registered dosen't mean they bought anything or even did any bidding.. If they spend the money to show up In person to actual action probably means they will most likley do some bidding.

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 07:20 PM

Beav - why always so negative. It must suck yto be such a grouch!!

When NAFA was still in business, there would be any number of people that came to the auction and registered and never went in the auction room. In fact, they never looked at any fur!! They sat in the buyers lounge, played cards and ate free food!!

By registering for and bidding in an on line auction, the buyers have more money to spend on fur. So there!!!
Posted By: RdFx

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 07:41 PM

Beav is like an old Master Gunnery Sgt in Marine Corp. always grouchy, never happy with anything !
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 07:56 PM

Poor beav

Attached picture B86CD99F-DEE2-4295-800F-41B3BE60B5A0.png

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 07:57 PM

How do you know?

I am a buyer

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 08:19 PM

Beav - why always so negative. It must suck yto be such a grouch!!

When NAFA was still in business, there would be any number of people that came to the auction and registered and never went in the auction room. In fact, they never looked at any fur!! They sat in the buyers lounge, played cards and ate free food!!

By registering for and bidding in an on line auction, the buyers have more money to spend on fur. So there!!!

I just asked a question if that's being a grouch then so be It.
FHA can spin It any way they want. I have no dog In this fight.
Posted By: rpmartin

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 08:37 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rpmartin

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 08:39 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 09:37 PM

Well after the sabor rattling and dart tossing has anyone else had any PT sales since the sale ended? None of my mink or coon and all of my remaining rat grades other than the 3 best sold or have any action in PT.

Bryce
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 09:57 PM

I'm glad I sent my 34 rats to Mink & Moyle to be tanned. I'll just sell them outright for dressing to hats etc..

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/28/22 10:11 PM

I am just glad I sold 371 of my rats for $3.95 in January and that included my damage and kits. I sent 25 through the ice rats of which 15 were 2 and 3xl. I could have another $100 plus but then I was hoping for an outcome similar to last July and obviously that is not going to happen.

Bryce
Posted By: redfoxtrap2008

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/29/22 04:31 AM

Anyone have any info on castor prices on this sale yet ?

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/29/22 04:43 AM

That usually happens a couple of days after the main sale.
Posted By: kinley31

Re: FHA sale begins today. - 06/29/22 08:40 AM

What is the drumming fee for coyotes?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums