Home

Wish to kill grass/weeds…

Posted By: 080808

Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 03:13 PM

…around swimming pool but only about 40 from well. No Round-Up, D-Con, ect. Any suggestions.
Thanks
Posted By: warrior

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 03:22 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DHH

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 03:25 PM

Had a guy tell me he sprays vinager around his tree's to kill grass - don't know if it works or not
Posted By: k snow

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by DHH
Had a guy tell me he sprays vinager around his tree's to kill grass - don't know if it works or not

Had a friend tell me the same thing this weekend. Says it works great on weeds and grasses. He uses it on his driveway to keep the weeds out of the seams.

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 03:29 PM

There are no magic beans.

With weeds you have but two options.

Physical or Chemical

When it comes to chemical your choices are known tested and approved or homebrew Lord knows what but but are chemical and can have potential toxic repercussions.

It amazes me the willingness of the green crowd to oppose anything properly tested and labeled yet gleefully play with chemical concoctions themselves without the first clue of safety.
Posted By: 080808

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 03:53 PM

Thanks so far. warrior I use your idea in the garden but this problem involves grass/weeds growing between paving tiles.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 03:55 PM

Why can't you use Roundup?
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 04:01 PM

Human pee, aged of course. Just tell people you made asparagus.
It does work and it's cheap, just like me. Lol
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 04:03 PM

propane torch is what you want to use in your situation.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by DHH

Used it in my dog yard but didn’t last. I am wondering if salt works?
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 04:13 PM

torch or metal siding over them a couple days to block out the light and kill them with heat

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
Originally Posted by DHH

Used it in my dog yard but didn’t last. I am wondering if salt works?

Salt will kill but it also lingers making the soil to saline for future growth.
Posted By: corky

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 04:32 PM

2 cups vinegar, 2 TB Epsom salts, 2 TB Dawn dishwashing liquid. Spray on plants. Kills plants, nontoxic to people and actually good for the soil.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 04:33 PM

As long as I am alive the dog yard will always be just that. I am going looking for big bag of salt! Thanks Warrior.
Posted By: Guss

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 04:51 PM

Salt kills grass and use hot water and dawn dish soap.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 04:57 PM

2 possible solutions that are already right close to your well

I used to work on pools , you mix yourself up a batch of algicide , it doesn't take much a bottle to however many thousand gallons is all you use in the pool , you likely already use it in your pool so you swim in it diluted and when you backwash dump some very diluted on the ground. a couple ounces to a 2 gallon sprayer will probably be plenty test you can always add more

spray that , it kills everything plant

you can also mix up a heavy chlorine solution and spray that or use a watering can with good sprinkler head on it so that you get good even coverage you can test how concentrated you need to get with it

when we came out of a pool after doing a drain and clean we had to rinse our boots before walking on the deck or grass as not to leave bleached boot prints in the deck or dead grass boot prints

you already shock a well with the same chlorine so not harmful to your drinking water.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 05:00 PM

Weed burner, salt, cover with tarp tell it dies take your pick
Posted By: Paul D. Heppner

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 07:34 PM

I've had good results using a mix of one gallon white vinegar, one cup table salt, one tablespoon dawn dish soap. It takes a good bit of mixing. I use my garden sprayer. You will see results the next morning.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 07:42 PM

The vinegar mixes work, the high test vinegar works better, but it doesnt necessarily kill the roots, jus re apply..

When I'm outside and feel the need I pick on the closest weed. dead the next day! My wife goes nuts when I do this, but when seconds count, the toilet is minutes away!, lol
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 08:15 PM

Homeplate is a herbicide that uses fatty acids to kill weeds on contact. It breaks down to inert substances and is even legal for certified organic crops. It sounds like it would be a good fit for your situation.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 08:55 PM

Heck you got the deadliest weed killer if you got chlorine tablets Bleach deadliest thing known to man(chlorine). It will evaporate so it won't get into your well. Funny how no one thinks of it. How we kept our sewer plants free from weeds inside the fence drop a chlorine tablet in a sprayer . Let it sit over night. then spray all year. But bleach is instant weed killer. Will kill trees also .
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 09:02 PM

Sorry gcp didn't read yours .
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/24/22 10:10 PM

Buy a couple of dogs. Mine seem to have the grass destroyed and holes all over the back yard.
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Wish to kill grass/weeds… - 06/25/22 02:05 AM

I spray around my well with roundup. Herbicides are great when used and mixed correctly. Don’t over use, it only takes 2 oz glyphosate per gallon water. Won’t hurt a thing. Roundup Powermax.

John
© 2024 Trapperman Forums