Home

"the majority of Americans" on abortion

Posted By: wr otis

"the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 04:20 PM

Cabbagehead and the rest of the bunch keep saying the majority of Americans, are pro abortion. Looks like now we are going to find out how true that is. Thousand people show up to protest, but a million other residents of the county stay home. I believe the majority in favor, is going to turn out to be the minority of actual voters.

AOC commented on the ruling, she said there are too many children living in poverty now. What would you rather be? Poor or dead.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 04:31 PM

I'm dead broke.
Posted By: warrior

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 04:33 PM

So horseface is showing her true colors.

Kill the poors rather than be bothered to help the poors.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 04:37 PM

I believe, most folks are like me. There are extreme times where abortion is acceptable. In a far left whacko's mind, that would make me pro-choice. To me, most abortions could be considered extreme measures of unacceptable birth control. Meaning, people are making irresponsible decisions they do not wish to be accountable for. On the other hand, I am not opposed to using "the morning after" pill in the case of rape or other instances where a pregnancy was forced on someone against their will. Regardless of how the pregnancy happened, I do not believe there is any instance, with the exception of the life of the mother, where an abortion should be allowed after a certain point (12 weeks?). I think these are the discussions we would be open to. These extreme views are not helpful.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 04:55 PM

I believe the abortion question is more about keeping us hating each other than womens rights or right to life. Bottom line is no law can stop abortion and no law can force a woman to get one.

We need to move on.
Posted By: kingrat

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 04:56 PM

The land of the free? Except when it comes to abortions.
Posted By: Marty

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 04:56 PM

This issue will never be put to bed and any person who has a moderate view which could be a solution will be attacked by extremist's from both sides......the liberals will use it to their full advantage come 'fraud' day 11/08/22. aoc's handlers idolize polpot so she will promote killing with no qualms...I imagine she will promote killing the opposition when the time comes.

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by kingrat
The land of the free? Except when it comes to abortions.

Free to murder?

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 05:28 PM

Or let's be honest here.

Free from morality and the consequences of one's actions.
Posted By: corky

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
I believe, most folks are like me. There are extreme times where abortion is acceptable. In a far left whacko's mind, that would make me pro-choice. To me, most abortions could be considered extreme measures of unacceptable birth control. Meaning, people are making irresponsible decisions they do not wish to be accountable for. On the other hand, I am not opposed to using "the morning after" pill in the case of rape or other instances where a pregnancy was forced on someone against their will. Regardless of how the pregnancy happened, I do not believe there is any instance, with the exception of the life of the mother, where an abortion should be allowed after a certain point (12 weeks?). I think these are the discussions we would be open to. These extreme views are not helpful.

Agreed
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 07:28 PM

best thing I've heard is "All the ones promoting abortion are alive" how does that work. I have a great idea. How about abstain or use birth control then abortion will almost be an emergency life saving operation instead of a life ending operation for God's creation because the idiots involved are either too stupid or irresponsible to care. They aren't ignorant because due to our educational system every 10 year old how babies are made.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I believe the abortion question is more about keeping us hating each other than womens rights or right to life. Bottom line is no law can stop abortion and no law can force a woman to get one.

We need to move on.

Bingo. Also funny with the timing that this came. Mid terms right around the corner. Hmmmm.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker Shad

We need to move on.

Bingo. Also funny with the timing that this came. Mid terms right around the corner. Hmmmm.

I tend to agree. A woman who does not want to keep a pregnancy will find a way to end it. My mother-in-law nearly died from a coat hanger abortion of her 5th pregnancy when she had decided she just couldn't have another. For the record, I hate the idea of abortion... but have never felt like I could tell someone else what they can do or not do.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by wr otis
Cabbagehead and the rest of the bunch keep saying the majority of Americans, are pro abortion. Looks like now we are going to find out how true that is. Thousand people show up to protest, but a million other residents of the county stay home. I believe the majority in favor, is going to turn out to be the minority of actual voters.

AOC commented on the ruling, she said there are too many children living in poverty now. What would you rather be? Poor or dead.

in other news AOC death squad went around offering kids in poor neighborhoods a choice poor or dead and offering to make it very quick with a captured bolt gun from a packing house .

it appears no poor kids have taken AOC up on the offer. whistle
Posted By: white17

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker Shad

We need to move on.

Nothing funny about it. SCOTUS has a set schedule that is the same every term. Convenes the first Monday in October and releases all decisions in June....regardless of elections
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 07:54 PM

Lots of world leaders have had plans to exterminate the poor.
Posted By: cattails

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck

Why do the wacko's think it's always either or. Life will teach us that there are gray areas. I agree with this. Supposedly according to science,at twelve weeks, a fetus responds to being killed.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 09:04 PM

I will take the wacko lable gladly. Murdering kids is never acceptable regardless of how young they are.
Posted By: Boco

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 09:11 PM

Work harder-there are going to lots more baby daddy kids to feed.
Posted By: Posco

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 09:18 PM

The barbarians couldn't even restrict themselves to 1st and 2nd trimester abortion, they wanted it all. Their howling is a symphony to my ears.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 09:22 PM

I think abortion is awful. Banning it will however have consequences including a lot more kids born into awful situations.

I look forward to seeing the Tman adoption photos next spring.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
I think abortion is awful. Banning it will however have consequences including a lot more kids born into awful situations.

SMH!

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County

Kill off the poors! Why you trying to pawn off the poors on the rest of us if you libs claim care so much?

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 09:28 PM

Let's face it, some of y'all are racist bigots.

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Or let's be honest here.

Free from morality and the consequences of one's actions.

Bottom line for the most part

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 09:34 PM

Someone here said "grey area". Even my pastor did this morning.

I don't understand that, at all.

There is no grey area with God.

I AM THAT I AM.

I am the the way, the truth and the light.

Nothing grey about that. Nor is there in this.

Thou shalt not kill.

Or

Thou shalt not have other gods.

Many all y'all spout, shall not be infringed. Yet, will hem and haw when it comes to God and his word.

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 09:35 PM

My pastor spoke to it as well. I wasn't disappointed in his comments.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 09:39 PM

I think any exceptions should be few. You hear rape tossed around a lot, but I really don't feel that's a good enough reason to murder an innocent child.

Exceptions I would support would be if carrying the child to term will kill the mother. The loss of a baby is tragic, but the mother could have another child, but not another life of her own.

I also think maybe an exception for incest. I don't feel it would be right to force a 12 year old girl to carry her own father's child to term.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 09:40 PM

I believe "Thou shall not kill" includes unborn babies.

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 09:44 PM

Here's a thought.

With modern medicine babies are surviving premature births earlier and earlier.

So assuming a pregnancy must be terminated, which I do not concede, why must the child be killed?

Why not deliver at a time the child could survive?
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 09:54 PM

The hoopla on abortion is despicable. No side won here.

The SCOTUS did not rule on the legality of/for abortion. What they did rule on is who gets to decide! The power to decide was returned to the individual states, removing power from the power hunger federal government where it had been for the past almost 50 years. Why? Because, there is not guaranteed right to abortion anywhere written in the Constitution of the United States of America or Its' Amendments!

It's important to note, nowhere did the Justice's opinion ( personal or otherwise) offer whether abortion is good/bad, right/ wrong, or legal/ illegal.

Some states had decided the issue long before the Feds got involved. Other states are deciding now that the power has been given back to them.

Going forward there are any number of options:
1) If the majority want the Feds to control abortion, for or against ... create and ratify a new Constitutional Amendment.
2) If the majority in the state don't like the current state decision, work to change the law/s of your state.
3) Absent one and two, move to a state or country where their believe systems and laws align with your own

Sometimes, people have to take responsibility and action to ensure what they feel enhances their and their families lives. Nothing is written in stone anymore, it all can be changed following the established rules of this Republic.

All I'm going to say, rant over!

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 10:03 PM

You are correct but I would argue that there was a win though.

The win was restoring to a small degree the rule of law where the individual states were restored some of the sovereignity recognized by the tenth amendment.

Maybe it will start a trend
Posted By: Squash

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 10:17 PM

IMO, the overwhelming majority of Americans are opposed to abortion . I was at my brother and sister in laws camp on a lake in the Adirondack Mountains yesterday. People water skiing, tubing, riding around in their party barges drinking ,relaxing, and barbecuing. Didn’t see anybody beating drums, screaming on bull horns, carrying signs or crying. Unlike those idiot protesters, Most Americans have a life and are living it, if given a chance.

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 10:50 PM

Hypocrisy is innate, like it, or not. Not responding to anyone in particular, but, we are all guilty.
Posted By: cattails

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I think any exceptions should be few. You hear rape tossed around a lot, but I really don't feel that's a good enough reason to murder an innocent child.

Exceptions I would support would be if carrying the child to term will kill the mother. The loss of a baby is tragic, but the mother could have another child, but not another life of her own.

I also think maybe an exception for incest. I don't feel it would be right to force a 12 year old girl to carry her own father's child to term.

( grey area)
Posted By: danvee

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 11:36 PM

Well taxes will soon be going up to raise all the crack babies and abortions will go on in other places legal or not. Sad world to use abortion as birth control but its what the world is today.
Posted By: charles

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 11:41 PM

Just read that 55% on North Carolina residents we’re pro choice. If I don’t want to pay for your kids student loans, I also don’t want to pay for all the other expenses of unwanted children.

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 11:49 PM

danvee crack babies dont get aborted cause their mamas aint got any money.

this decision didnt change much other than some girls will have to travel further
Posted By: MJM

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/26/22 11:54 PM

The whole problem is that there is too much money being made on abortion. Big pharmacy make a lot of money off abortion and they pay off congress to get them to have it tax funded. If congress lost money every time someone had an abortion it would be shut down. I wonder how many would want an abortion if they had to pay cash up front.

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/27/22 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by charles
Just read that 55% on North Carolina residents we’re pro choice. If I don’t want to pay for your kids student loans, I also don’t want to pay for all the other expenses of unwanted children.

But, you're probably paying for the person who's having the abortion via food stamps housing assistance, energy assistance etc. You're probably paying for the abortion too.
Posted By: Marty

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/27/22 12:45 AM

Statistics are always manipulated by people to say what they want them to say. Probably 15% pro life no matter what, 30% pro choice no matter what and the rest open for a sensible solution. The reason for more pro choice is that women want to be on the my body bandwagon....the pro choice folks have way more activists.

This will have an impact on the 11/08 upcoming fraud.

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/27/22 12:47 AM

how many would want an abortion if they had to pay cash up front

I am pretty sure you do need cash up front or be covered by insurance

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/f...d_Preparation_Instructions_-_Medical.pdf
Posted By: bowhunter27295

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/27/22 12:55 AM

I know of very few people who are against an abortion after a rape or incest or risk of death of the mother. That is always the weak emotional argument that is given. I don't like the thought of any abortion, but I would find it VERY difficult to sit down face to face and speak with the victim about carrying the unborn child to term. That said.

Abortion is about inconvenience. The person doesn't think it's the right time or they are climbing their work ladder or they are in college or they were drunk. No matter the excuse, it was a lapse in judgement if they did not understand that sex can create a life.

I tire of people using the statistically microscopic numbers of rape incest and death of the mother. Statistically it is a non issue. Those fighting for abortion fight for it as a contraceptive option. Nothing more and nothing less.

If the child was out of the womb it would be murder. If it is unborn, it is abortion.

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/27/22 01:05 AM

Y'all know that you're chasing a red herring don't you?

Rape/incest account for less than one percent of all infanticide.

And over 95% of rapes are by an assailant known to the victim. Not victim blaming but....

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/27/22 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
Statistics are always manipulated by people to say what they want them to say. Probably 15% pro life no matter what, 30% pro choice no matter what and the rest open for a sensible solution. The reason for more pro choice is that women want to be on the my body bandwagon....the pro choice folks have way more activists.

This will have an impact on the 11/08 upcoming fraud.

I'd guess, 88% or so of voters aren't swayed to vote one way or another on this issue. The voter fraud thing, however, has about a 90% chance of coming to fruition.
Posted By: wr otis

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/27/22 01:19 AM

The whole idea of the majority supporting it, comes from where? Or more aptly who?

The right to life march in DC, how many people show up for that?

Does anyone know if they still have it every year?
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/27/22 01:58 AM

You are correct but I would argue that there was a win though.

The win was restoring to a small degree the rule of law where the individual states were restored some of the sovereignity recognized by the tenth amendment.

Maybe it will start a trend

That is the only aspect of this topic in which I am interested. Restoring States Rights as outlined in the Constitution.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/27/22 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by charles

so, when baby daddy stops paying child support when jr. turns five years old, it's okay to off the kid so you don't have to pay for him?
Posted By: BigBob

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/27/22 07:54 PM

So horseface is showing her true colors.

Kill the poors rather than be bothered to help the poors.

So they can help all the "Poors" from around the world, swimming into our country, and turn them into "Libtard's" that vote for them!
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/27/22 10:35 PM

I would guess that abortion is more prevalent with people with money instead of poor people.

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/27/22 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by JTfromWV
I would guess that abortion is more prevalent with people with money instead of poor people.

Not according to the statistics that I just read
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: "the majority of Americans" on abortion - 06/27/22 11:12 PM

6 out of 10 people say that statistics are made up.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums