Home

Beaver market

Posted By: beaverpeeler

Beaver market - 06/28/22 03:38 PM

For the first sale in a long time it looks like close to 100% clearances on beaver with advancing prices. Section III goods really advanced which we all know is the hatter market, but prices and clearances on the better goods also appears to have improved.

So my question is who are the buyers? And what are they using them for?
Posted By: ack

Re: Beaver market - 06/28/22 05:46 PM

Yes I would like to know also.
I only had 34 at this sale and all bit my best one sold.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Beaver market - 06/28/22 06:16 PM

Figures I’d miss it. I dumped my stuff on Groney this year instead of selling at FHA.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Beaver market - 06/28/22 07:24 PM

Flood the market boys,drive that price back down.

Re: Beaver market - 06/28/22 07:27 PM

I can always count on Boco for proper perspective!
Posted By: eedup

Re: Beaver market - 06/28/22 07:32 PM

Curious what the overall section 3/hatter average is ?
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: Beaver market - 06/28/22 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
For the first sale in a long time it looks like close to 100% clearances on beaver with advancing prices. Section III goods really advanced which we all know is the hatter market, but prices and clearances on the better goods also appears to have improved.

So my question is who are the buyers? And what are they using them for?

looks like Beavers have shone again!!!
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Beaver market - 06/28/22 08:14 PM

I have yet to see or hear what those advancing prices are.

Re: Beaver market - 06/28/22 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by eedup
Curious what the overall section 3/hatter average is ?

Since I had a fair batch of gd dmgs I can tell you that blankets went for $19, XL's at $16.50, L's at $13.50, LM's at $10, M's at $6 and Smalls at $3 Apparently whole strings all sold to the same buyer at those prices.

Re: Beaver market - 06/28/22 09:38 PM

Beaver blankets for Germans when the natural gas is shut off this winter.

Re: Beaver market - 06/28/22 10:15 PM

Thinking your good damages are little better than my south Arkansas damage control hatters. 19 top 3 bottom...eleven dollar average ? ?

Re: Beaver market - 06/28/22 10:18 PM

I know you target big males, I'm glad you did well. I'd like to see someone from the south that shipped an average bunch of bvr up there.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Beaver market - 06/28/22 10:21 PM

We read or heard many times that the Chinese had difficulty in learning how to tan and dress or work with beaver. I would be more interested in who is doing the processing then who are the buyers. It seems that if they are available someone is buying them.

Bryce

Re: Beaver market - 06/28/22 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by eedup
I know you target big males, I'm glad you did well. I'd like to see someone from the south that shipped an average bunch of bvr up there.

Apparently all the gd dmg's on this sale brought the money I quoted. Nancy mentioned that whole strings brought the same money....and all bought by the same buyer.

Re: Beaver market - 06/28/22 10:36 PM

Good deal, I should have prob asked for averages on the other post as this isn't getting your question answered.

Re: Beaver market - 06/29/22 01:10 AM

Interesting side note: I averaged 50 cents more for my 3X-2X gd dmg than I did on my 3X-2X SLT's. I sure wish FHA would've graded my beaver harder!
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Beaver market - 06/29/22 01:15 AM

Been wondering myself. One thing is that quantities are down. Looking back at prior auctions, generally offering 75-80,000. March offering was 53,000, and this June only 40,000. Maybe supplies are drying up a bit?
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Beaver market - 06/29/22 02:02 AM

China is the big supplier of rabbit and with their c-19 shutdown no surprise

Re: Beaver market - 06/29/22 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I got a PM from somebody that I trust saying that the big hatter buyer from this auction is an Aussie. I never had stopped to think that Australians make a lot of nice western style hats too. Also was mentioned that the rabbit fur supply line is disrupted by the war in Ukraine.

Rabbits soon to be decimated-new hemmoragic disease took hold.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Beaver market - 06/29/22 02:50 AM

I kinda agree with Boco. Why in heck flood the market with fur that has little to no value? I understand it's a hobby like hunting or fishing. Maybe the high gas prices this winter will slow things down a little. I will say I haven't trapped a thing for a couple years other than some problem beaver.

Re: Beaver market - 06/29/22 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Beaver blankets for Germans to keep all those UKraine women warm when the natural gas is shut off this winter.

fixed it for you
Posted By: claycreech

Re: Beaver market - 06/29/22 01:19 PM

A week or two ago, GFW was calling country buyers looking for beaver.

Re: Beaver market - 06/29/22 01:24 PM

next will be a run on nutria for the felt

Wonder how many square inches / felt content there is in one vs a beaver content ?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Beaver market - 06/29/22 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by claycreech
A week or two ago, GFW was calling country buyers looking for beaver.

Let them call.................

Re: Beaver market - 06/29/22 02:15 PM

Can someone post a picture of a pretty Australian girl with a felt hat to get a few more likes for this thread,
© 2024 Trapperman Forums