Home

No fun at all

Posted By: Pawnee

No fun at all - 06/29/22 08:34 PM

Wife is making me go to DC with her and son A. I haven’t been to a airport since 2000. I’m not a fan of towns over 200 people and I hate flying. Tons of farm work to do and I have no business leaving. Trying to keep a happy face on but she may need prayers by the time we get there.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: No fun at all - 06/29/22 08:35 PM

I just got back from DC. Try not to run over any of the thousands of crackheads--unless you paid for the full coverage on the rental.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: No fun at all - 06/29/22 08:50 PM

I was on a trip to Pollyface farms it's 3 hrs from DC. I was going to take my wife and daughter to see DC as a side trip. Then I saw I was not allowed to have a gun in my car in DC. Lol I travel well equipped Handguns, rifle, and shotgun. Nope we didn't go to DC and I never will.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: No fun at all - 06/29/22 08:57 PM

Not a place I would visit again.
Posted By: cattails

Re: No fun at all - 06/29/22 08:57 PM

Ut Oh, been down that road, she won't ask you to go again. lol.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: No fun at all - 06/29/22 09:00 PM

Sorry to hear your wife is making you go. Must be divorce is the only other option.
eek
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: No fun at all - 06/29/22 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by cattails
Ut Oh, been down that road, she won't ask you to go again. lol.

Hey I hot out of going with the wife and kids to Orlando and Universal Studios last year for the same reasons. It was great I stayed home and feed the animals smoked a chicken and pork butt. Mom came up and stayed a day with me. Sure was better than wasting money in a pretend land place for me..

Re: No fun at all - 06/29/22 09:07 PM

I love history and there are a few places I’d like to see like Arlington cemetery but I’ve done a great job avoiding traveling and big cities these days are no place to be IMO
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: No fun at all - 06/29/22 11:05 PM

Been there once, years ago while in the service, stationed up in Maryland. Was a cesspool then in about 66. I will not fly again....no compromise! Seen about all this country I need to. Just saw a news thing on Blase TV, a 53 yr old around eastern PA, was beat so bad by two boys and two girls, they had to remove his skull so his brain could swell. For no reason. This country is going crazy.
Posted By: 160user

Re: No fun at all - 06/29/22 11:31 PM

That is reason #3,621 why I don't have a wife. I do what I want..............
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: No fun at all - 06/30/22 12:46 AM

DC is basically a tourist attraction like Disney World…no thanks to either one. Flying doesn’t scare me. I actually prefer to fly rather than wasting time off driving to and from a destination over 12hrs away, much easier on the ole body.
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: No fun at all - 06/30/22 12:59 AM

When will ya be there Pawnee?

DC will be filled with farmers July 11-14, it’s NCGA corn congress.

Come visit the eastern shore if DC bores ya, you won’t regret it. Right in the middle of wheat harvest and double crop soybean planting

John
Posted By: Michigander

Re: No fun at all - 06/30/22 01:20 AM

Flying isn't bad if you have a window seat and a decent person sitting next to you. Best to pony up a few more dollars and sit together with your family or you WILL get stuck next to a slob.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: No fun at all - 06/30/22 01:30 AM

I disagree on the seating. Take an outside row seat unless flying first class. More leg room outside and you can always react if the need arises. Outside costs a little more but worth it to me.

Re: No fun at all - 06/30/22 02:41 AM

I have to have a window seat. I saw lots of interesting country on the flight. Took my first ride on a subway. Feeling kinda special now smile
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: No fun at all - 06/30/22 12:14 PM

I hope you end up enjoying yourself in the end. You need to butter her up so she will get that 2nd job with the way fur prices are right now!
Posted By: run

Re: No fun at all - 06/30/22 12:17 PM

Go to the Museum of the Bible. It's expensive but worth it. Sorry I almost missed your thread.
Posted By: coyotesoldier229

Re: No fun at all - 06/30/22 12:33 PM

Arlington and viewing the Changing of Guard will be worth your time.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: No fun at all - 06/30/22 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
I hope you end up enjoying yourself in the end. You need to butter her up so she will get that 2nd job with the way fur prices are right now!

X2

Re: No fun at all - 06/30/22 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

I had 2 choices come along or wake up missing man parts. For some reason she thinks we should take more than a trip every 20+ years. Women go figure!! Was looking out my hotel window this morning people watching when it hit me that I’d seen more people in 10 minutes than live in my county. Crazy

Originally Posted by run
Go to the Museum of the Bible. It's expensive but worth it. Sorry I almost missed your thread.

Thanks heading to the National Archives this am and then the Smithsonian in the afternoon.
Posted By: gary j

Re: No fun at all - 06/30/22 02:14 PM

Go to Arlington cemetery. Everyone in this country should visit that place and pay their respects for the sacrifices that many many veterans gave. I've been their twice once in 1965 when I was PFC, and again about 5 years ago. Also the wall.
Gary J
Posted By: bblwi

Re: No fun at all - 06/30/22 09:01 PM

Granddaughter is there right now with a bus tour group of fellow 4-H members. She will be coming home tomorrow. Long bus ride, straight through there and back. She got motion sickness but is now doing well. Hope she has some meds for the trip back. Been there twice, once for a week (1993) Day and half 2016. The one in 1993 was March so the homeless and others were much less. The later trip in May the place was full of people on all the steps to the venues. Still to me they were both worthwhile and I learned a lot.

Bryce

Re: No fun at all - 06/30/22 10:29 PM

Made it to one of my top 5 places I wanted to see before I kick the bucket. I wish my grandfather could have been with me to see this. He was a Marine and fought in the Pacific. I didn’t think it would move me like it did. Turned out to be a special day.

Attached picture CFE6F957-3BD4-4803-865E-4AD2578582BD.jpeg
Attached picture 0F43C6BA-26E2-4CB1-81DC-4FDAF6BBAED4.jpeg
Attached picture 31994F5F-F1DA-4442-A790-4F2D2298C015.jpeg
Attached picture 6F6932BF-F4BA-415E-AB78-4B7ABABB5135.jpeg
Posted By: run

Re: No fun at all - 07/01/22 12:13 AM

The museum of the Bible is totally separate from the Smithsonian museums. I'm not trying to sound like a know it all. Just straight up facts, LOL. It's takes a whole day just to see the museum of the Bible.

Re: No fun at all - 07/01/22 07:16 PM

Took a pic for all you Vietnam guys. Spent some time at the wall today and the Korea memorial. My great uncle ask if I could find his friends name. He’s almost 94 and was pretty emotional about it. I took some pics of his friends name and the wife is getting them framed. Walked 6 miles and saw a ton of stuff. Lincoln memorial is fantastic.

Attached picture B11963D1-BB97-463F-9ABB-CCA9EA422E4E.jpeg
Attached picture 5DB6697A-CC23-4630-9C0D-8A8630BC557D.jpeg
Posted By: Gene Dziza

Re: No fun at all - 07/01/22 08:51 PM

Cool pics Pawnee.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: No fun at all - 07/01/22 09:01 PM

Looks like you're really enjoying this trip you didn't want to go on
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: No fun at all - 07/01/22 09:40 PM

I'm glad its turning out to be a better trip than you thought!
Posted By: bblwi

Re: No fun at all - 07/01/22 11:52 PM

When I was there I worked hard and mostly succeeded in pushing out or away all the noise and current discourse and just take in the whole experience. We have had real political, economic racial, religious and other major divisions in the past and we were able to pull through those making wise and unwise decisions along the way. I believe we will continue to do so. For future generations we will have much more detail about our history then past generations had. That could give us more opportunity to learn from history. Talked with our granddaughter today. They enjoyed their trip and were able to view a lot of venues in just 3 days.

Bryce
Posted By: Guss

Re: No fun at all - 07/02/22 01:13 AM

If this country was a human body DC would be the air pit!
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: No fun at all - 07/02/22 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Guss
If this country was a human body DC would be the air pit!

More like the A...,well, you know.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums