Home

Blue Lacy’s

Posted By: kytrapper

Blue Lacy’s - 06/29/22 10:17 PM

Does anyone have these? I’ve been thinking of crossing my Airedale with one for trapline dogs. She came along real well her first season last year. She lost one of her front legs and looking for a smaller dog for a cross. I really like her. Smart, smart,smart.

Re: Blue Lacy’s - 06/30/22 10:50 AM

Any of you Texas guys?
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Blue Lacy’s - 06/30/22 11:26 AM

We have had them, good working dogs and blood trailers as well
Posted By: Chancey

Re: Blue Lacy’s - 07/01/22 02:30 AM

Hello KYtrapper, this is just my experience with them. The blue lacy world is a small world in Texas. I used to raise them. Had stock that I got out of both the late Jay Rossi and Tom Graham....both blue lacy men.

They are not nose dogs, but rather sight dogs (like airedales) IMO, and good bayers on hogs and cattle. Some can also be pretty scrappy and catchy, mostly the males while to me the females are more docile and better at baying from what I have seen. Jay ran both airedales and blue lacys. They were mostly sight hunters and would not go long distances to find a hog, but once they saw one, they had the heart and stay of a long endurance athlete. They are smart, but can also be timid (have some coyote tendacies IMO). They are one person bond formers like blue heelers. Turn out best if one person only messes with them, but I have seen some that are very family friendly dogs as they are smart and learn their job rather quickly. You can mess one up quick in training with poor discipline and not knowing what you are doing as they are smart, and learn quickly and associate with bad things like a shock collar. They make good trapline dogs as they have enough nose to follow a drag, but not a long distance dog like a hound. Every now and then, they throw a red lacy. I like their yellow eyes. Chancey

Re: Blue Lacy’s - 07/01/22 05:48 AM

Thank you for the replies. I may have a hard time finding a male here but I’ve got until spring to think about it. They just seem like a good little dog to cross with mine.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums