Home

Most free state

Posted By: RustyShacklefrd

Most free state - 06/30/22 01:47 AM

What state is the MOST free state and why ? Would you move there ?
Posted By: cbat

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 01:55 AM

Idaho. Already live there. We never missed church or much else during the plandemic.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 02:14 AM

Kansas.....the californicans do not want to come here so we win easily....idaho, montana, wyoming and the dakotas all attract the liberals...look at colorado, finished. No thanks, I will stay where the aliens do not want to establish colonies.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 02:16 AM

I would guess Alaska is the state where you could be most free because you could go far enough away from anyone to do want you want, though what you could do would be severely limited. I have no desire to ever live in Alaska.

Keith
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 02:18 AM

Kansas is less liberal than the Dakotas?

Have you seen the governor of SD compared to yours lol.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 02:24 AM

I'd say the 2 Dakotas are purdy awesome.

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 02:25 AM

I never said that steve. smile

Gov election is this year.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
Kansas.....the californicans do not want to come here so we win easily....idaho, montana, wyoming and the dakotas all attract the liberals...look at colorado, finished. No thanks, I will stay where the aliens do not want to establish colonies.

I don't know about South Dakota but I ain't seeing a influx of liberals in ND..

Oh, and there isn't a state named the Dakota's...

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by grumley701

They on the way..... smile

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 02:34 AM

We have winter here, keeps most out..... laugh

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 02:37 AM

laugh

winter in the Dakotas.... smile

^ there is such a place.... laugh
Posted By: arcticotter

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 02:38 AM

Yep unfortunately the Black Hills is being taken over by all the spooks from the far west!

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 02:40 AM

laugh

I'm just happy we don't get that bitter cold Kentucky gets..... laugh
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 02:43 AM

My vote would go to Wyoming or any state that has a Governor, Lt. Governor, State Attorney General, Department of Education Director that are not Democrats and the State Senate and State House of Representative are not controlled by Democrats. Idaho is one of these states.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 02:58 AM

laugh

I'm just happy we don't get that bitter cold Kentucky gets..... laugh

Tell us more about this bitter cold in Kentucky, must be northern KY, Lol. laugh
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 02:59 AM

The dakotas need to be combined, no more of this yankee and confederate nonsense.. grin

I always hear winter in N dakota was the harshest.. no thanks.

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 03:18 AM

I'm just happy we don't get that bitter cold Kentucky gets..... laugh[/quote]
Tell us more about this bitter cold in Kentucky, must be northern KY, Lol. laugh[/quote]

Hey man, I'm just repeating what jbyrd said...
laugh
Posted By: Bob

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 05:10 AM

That’s because North Dakota is a terrible place to live lol. It’s not even the best Dakota! I lived on within a mile of the nd/mt border for ten years. Summer is ok, but I hated every second of every winter working in the oil patch.

Nevada is still pretty decent, but it’s slowly becoming California Jr with Vegas and Reno pretty much ruling the state. Those two cities alone are the reason we’re a blue state.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 05:55 AM

The most free state...that would be Alaska. I dont even go through airport security to fly home from Anchorage. Just get on the plane. I could bring a gun in my bag if I wanted too.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by yukonjeff
The most free state...that would be Alaska. I dont even go through airport security to fly home from Anchorage. Just get on the plane. I could bring a gun in my bag if I wanted too.

It may be a free state but you got a messed up U.S. Senator ruling the roost. So there has to be a lot of Rino thinking people living in the state to vote for her. Watch out for the future.

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 10:57 PM

What are the taxes like in such states ? I am paying 40% income tax and 13% sales tax here.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by RustyShacklefrd
What are the taxes like in such states ? I am paying 40% income tax and 13% sales tax here.

FORTY PERCENT?!

I pay around 22% and I thought I was getting robbed. Just over 6% sales tax
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 11:09 PM

Georgia has a lot to offer. Mild winters with mosquitoes, snakes, hogs, and gators year round. You’ll enjoy our Summers which start in May and ends around Halloween. Temps rarely exceed 107 or so and heat index levels rarely get above 120. Our humidity is great for dry skin, you’ll always have that clammy feeling regardless of which month it is. We have excellent hunting opportunities and our fur trapping just can’t be beat. Most coons should reach the $1-1.50. Expect a solid $7-10 for prime coyotes and if bobcats are your thing then it’s possible to get $15 or higher…maybe $17!!
Y’all come on down!!

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 11:10 PM

North Dakota has a income tax of 1.1% to 2.9 %. State sales tax is 5%, certain cities are above the 5% for special projects ie: Fargo has a sales tax of 7.5% for monies for flood prevention.
Posted By: aknome

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 11:15 PM

Comparing an Alaskan winter to any other state is silly. I've seen ice on the ocean in June when some of you are already eating out of your gardens.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 11:18 PM

Wow must ne some of that true freedom boco was talking about.

Our sales tax is 7% not actually sure of federal and state rates. The accounts Handel that. Honestly I don't want to know I will just get mad.

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 11:19 PM

I would love to come up to Alaska. I have spent some time in the high arctic and absolutely loved it!

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by aknome
Comparing an Alaskan winter to any other state is silly. I've seen ice on the ocean in June when some of you are already eating out of your gardens.

That depends on what part of Alaska you're talking about...
Posted By: SJA

Re: Most free state - 06/30/22 11:45 PM

The State of Mind . . . if you exist in it properly. grin
Posted By: Trapper5123

Re: Most free state - 07/01/22 12:34 AM

I would agree that Kansas is inhospitable to out siders. I worked in Girard for a year putting in a sewer system. It was the hottest place on earth with no breeze in the summer. And the coldest windiest place I've been in the winter.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Most free state - 07/01/22 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by SJA

Was thinking the same , when I started reading this thread
Posted By: run

Re: Most free state - 07/01/22 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by SJA

Well said.
Posted By: BigBlackBirds

Re: Most free state - 07/01/22 01:35 AM

i'm not sure what state(s) wins the award for most free but I know one thing----- it sure is NOT here. if anyone wants Governor Whitless we will happily donate her to your state

Re: Most free state - 07/01/22 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper5123
I would agree that Kansas is inhospitable to out siders. I worked in Girard for a year putting in a sewer system. It was the hottest place on earth with no breeze in the summer. And the coldest windiest place I've been in the winter.

smile

That's why the californicans ain't commin here, thank God.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Most free state - 07/01/22 01:42 AM

Yea, but you have free healthcare?!?!?!
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Most free state - 07/01/22 04:46 AM

Yea Rusty, your 40 % is for that "free" health care.
Alaska has no state income tax. No state sales tax. Some cities have sales tax. We also have a lot of federal land and state land you are mostly free to use for hunting, fishing, trapping.
If you have a woman and a couple kids, or ladies,if you have a man and a couple kids, you can live on a meager trapping income and use govt. assistance to feed, provide medical, etc. etc.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Most free state - 07/01/22 05:29 AM

Not Mississippi. Definitely not Mississippi.
Posted By: Kart29

Re: Most free state - 07/01/22 05:34 PM

The last report I saw said the states with the most individual freedom were:

Oklahoma
Indiana
New Hampshire
Wyoming

I don't remember what the order was.
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Most free state - 07/01/22 05:55 PM

Some of the nicest people I've ever met were rural farmers in Kansas. Have a 5 minute conversation about hunting their fields for geese or killing their coyotes and they invite you in for dinner. Go help them put up a temporary fence around a cut corn field and they act like you hand delivered them a million dollar check. I love going to hunt in Kansas and have made some great relationships with farmers there. We talk on a pretty regular basis. I haven't experienced the inhospitable folks there. Texas is another story
Posted By: super cub

Re: Most free state - 07/01/22 08:34 PM

Wyoming, should never of left there. Woman and grandchildren seem to rule the roost though
Posted By: Guss

Re: Most free state - 07/01/22 08:37 PM

It's not Wisconsin!!!
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Most free state - 07/01/22 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Originally Posted by yukonjeff

It may be a free state but you got a messed up U.S. Senator ruling the roost. So there has to be a lot of Rino thinking people living in the state to vote for her. Watch out for the future.

Well when we have 4% more votes than registered voters what do you expect!
Posted By: Seek

Re: Most free state - 07/02/22 01:14 PM

As a North Dakota native, I would say that liberals are not moving there en masse. Fargo is turning into a liberal haven but most other cities are trending pretty red. I think there is 144 legislators in both houses and the democrats control a total of 21. They have zero elected officials at the capitol. Bill Gates bought some farmland last month and plenty of voters bew a gasket.

You want liberalism, come on over to Duluth, MN. Its pure nirvana.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Most free state - 07/02/22 01:55 PM

If I could move ...probably SD
Posted By: DWC

Re: Most free state - 07/02/22 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by coondagger2

Some of the nicest people I've ever met were rural farmers in Kansas. Have a 5 minute conversation about hunting their fields for geese or killing their coyotes and they invite you in for dinner. Go help them put up a temporary fence around a cut corn field and they act like you hand delivered them a million dollar check. I love going to hunt in Kansas and have made some great relationships with farmers there. We talk on a pretty regular basis. I haven't experienced the inhospitable folks there. Texas is another story

My experience has been the same in Nebraska. Some extremely friendly folks in the rural areas. Seems like a state you can do about whatever you want and Im betting the libs are very concentrated to Omaha and Lincoln and no where else.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums