Home

Jeep Compass opinions

Posted By: Furman 50

Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 05:15 PM

Hi. Does anyone have a Jeep Compass ? Looking for ideas on a new vehicle and would like everyone ideas on the Jeep Compass. Buying a car now is very different than before. Have to order what you want . not much to test drive on lots.
I have a truck so this would be a family car and run about vehicle. thanks
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 05:18 PM

Ugly. Mho
Posted By: hippie

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 05:18 PM

We have one for my wife and its been great. Ours is older tho, we bought it new in 2012.

Almost 30mpg Hwy and 25-26 local...2.4 engine w/ stick shift.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 05:19 PM

They're small.

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 05:26 PM

Ho again.
What other car would you look at. looked a Toyota today too. none on lot.
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 05:32 PM

Why pay over book price for a new vehicle right now. I'd settle with a few yr old vehicle with low mileage. No vehicle is cheap to buy right now but at least you won't be stuck bidding on a new one
Posted By: G Hose

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 05:40 PM

The Word jeep shouldn’t even be on the thing
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 05:47 PM

Its a Fiat. Had one as a hire car for a day .... never again. It may have great milage but it seems they put a ice cram tub as a gas tank in the thing so ya still hopped from one gas station to the next. It does not accelerate. Instead it gets faster very slowly.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 05:55 PM

I think the box my boots came in has more room.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 05:56 PM

I've always heard Cheep was lacking in the reliability department .

Some of the ones if been around have all had electrical Gremlins

I'm surprised hippie has one , but what do I know laugh
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 06:04 PM

Youngest son has this one , 1998 low miles

The wife's old 96 4runner with 255,000 has been more reliable

[Linked Image]

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
I've always heard Cheep was lacking in the reliability department .

Some of the ones if been around have all had electrical Gremlins

I'm surprised hippie has one , but what do I know laugh

Having a repair shop, I get to drive and work on just about every vehicle on the road.

The first one that came in, I was impressed WITH THE ROOM IT HAD, lol. First thing I noticed about it was that me being 6'4" I didn't hit my head on the roof while getting in. That's rare for me, usually have to get in vehicles head first.

There's a goodly amount of them on the road here, but we see very few to none with major problems, mostly just wear items. Maybe most of the problems occur while they're still under warranty?? Don't know, but that's why we bought one. 20k out the door in 2012.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 07:57 PM

a co-worker had one I road in , it was a few years back

I think someone in marketing said make me the cheapest price point jeep you can

engineering said hold my beer

and the Compass was born

maybe they got better in later years

his was likely the absolute cheapest possible one , it was a 5 speed with a small engine I don't recall displament .

Posted By: grumley701

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by G Hose
The Word jeep shouldn’t even be on the thing

I hear that about every Jeep that isn't a wrangler from the wife, she's a serious Jeep snob.... she's driving a diesel wrangler Rubicon..

As for the Compass, it appears to me to be a stayin in town rig... laugh
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by grumley701

I hear that about every Jeep that isn't a wrangler from the wife, she's a serious Jeep snob.... she's driving a diesel wrangler Rubicon..

As for the Compass, it appears to me to be a stayin in town rig... laugh

Leave it at home in the fall when there are wet leaves on the road.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 06/30/22 10:40 PM

I have 2011 Compass, Knock on wood other than oil changes, tires, windshields, it's never had an issue. 32 mpg, with the cvt. transmission. They are a bit noisy in the cab, but the radio takes care of that.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 07/01/22 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Furman 50
Hi. Does anyone have a Jeep Compass ? Looking for ideas on a new vehicle and would like everyone ideas on the Jeep Compass. Buying a car now is very different than before. Have to order what you want . not much to test drive on lots.
I have a truck so this would be a family car and run about vehicle. thanks

Have a 2017 with 187658 on it other then oil changes I had to do the front wheel bearings about 10000 miles ago, go’s through snow decent as long as you have decent tread on the tires and has been a good reliable vehicle so far, on some road surfaces it can be a bit loud, would like to see more ground clearance so your not banging the woods undercarriage on real rough roads and trails

Averaging 30mpg combined city and highway

As for the interior size I recently put the rear seat down and put a 21 cubic foot upright freezer in it to haul home, and if I had moved the front seats up a couple of inches I probably could have closed the rear hatch, as it was I just tied the hatch to the freezer and was good to go

The cons imho are where they put the rear door handles and the 4WD switch, I don’t like either, also hard to put a trailer hitch on it and while it has a roof rack there are no tie down point in the front or back

But like I said it has been a good vehicle
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 07/01/22 02:10 PM

I don't have the Compass, I have a Patriot Latitude 4WD... Pretty good mileage and enough room for a commuter vehicle. All the problems I've had with it were normal wear parts that I wound up being able to fix myself.

It rides a bit noisy but still quieter than my Tacoma.

Mike
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 07/01/22 09:56 PM

Compass. Where Jeep lost it's direction.

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 07/02/22 01:12 AM

OK if not the Jeep Compass. Which company would you look into? No trucks. looking for some ideas on SUV.. I have not deal with finding a car for some time about 11 years. Both getting pretty old now. just started looking this week. Thanks for everyone replies.

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 07/02/22 01:28 AM

The big thing is to avoid any new model or engine that just came out. It takes them a couple years to work the bugs out.

After that, its pretty much user error if the break prematurely.
Posted By: blackoak

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 07/02/22 03:38 AM

Don't know about the Compass, but my wife has a 2018 Trail Hawk Renegade that has been problem free in the 70 k she has put on it. I don't care for it. It's pretty small for a 6-2" 295 lbs man.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Jeep Compass opinions - 07/02/22 04:14 AM

Camped out in one for a week while turkey hunting the San Carlos Indian Reservation in Arizona. Kept the bears out, lol. Nice little SUV and went some places I really had no idea it would go. Glad we bought the insurance plan when we rented too.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums