[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Racoon in a hammock - 07/01/22 11:50 AM

That’s hilarious!!!
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Racoon in a hammock - 07/01/22 03:11 PM

Not quite as good as Pogo kissing the coon but a contender.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Racoon in a hammock - 07/02/22 07:18 PM

That story reminds me of a time I went bow hunting. I climbed the tree in total darkness and sat there as the sun began to rise. I heard some leaves crunching and figured, well, that didn't take long.
I prepared to get ready for the shot when I saw what was heading my way, a fat coon. He proceeded to climb a tree about 15 yards from mine and settled in for a nap on a big limb level with my stand. Not too long, our eyes met. He looked at me as if to say, "What's up? See anything yet?
I didn't answer since I wanted to keep quite so as not to spook any deer.
Eventually he fell asleep which made me sleepy and I nodded off. I woke up with a start since it isn't very productive to sleep while trying to kill a deer.
I pulled out a Snickers and carefully opened the rattly wrapper. Not carefully enough though, as the coon woke up and looked at me as if to say, "You gonna eat all of that?" I'm sure he could smell all of the chocolaty goodness, the peanuts, the caramel and the candy nougat. I quietly let him know that I wasn't going to share my Snickers with an animal known to be as greedy as a Pennsylvanian deer hunter, since the likes of him would not be satisfied until he received the entire candy bar.
I finished the Snickers and he went back to sleep.Then shortly thereafter, so did I. I still wonder how many deer went right under my stand after that.
The coon never woke me up to let me know. Coons and Pennsylvanian deer hunters are also infamous for their vengefulness.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums