Home

Got a great call today !

Posted By: jbyrd63

Got a great call today ! - 07/01/22 06:48 PM

Well the farmer that has all the crop tags we have hunted for the past 5 years called me this morning. His deer slaying buddy let him down last season as they only killed 2 does . My son and I killed 10 does and he killed a buck in just 2 early morning sits. We had been paying 2,000 bucks for the lease among 4 of us. Last year he gave the rights to his buddy but called me 5 days into the season because no deer had been taken. ANY WAY . He said "I really need you to hunt it hard" Don't have to ask twice !!! I got 4 shooter bucks already on cam here in my co so I hope I can harvest one of those early with a crossbow. Then I can get the ole 6mm rem BDL out and let it eat.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Got a great call today ! - 07/01/22 07:32 PM

You should get with the times and get an AR.

Re: Got a great call today ! - 07/01/22 07:39 PM

Nah can't afford one. Got tons of 6mm ammo loaded and that's the only time I get to use that gun. Had it since I was 13 . Just turned 59 . Killed a truck load of deer and ground hogs with that little rifle [Linked Image]
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Got a great call today ! - 07/01/22 07:40 PM

That is good news. I even have a little room in my freezer in case you run out wink wink

Re: Got a great call today ! - 07/01/22 08:02 PM

Where do you live scuba. I'm serious I give them all away but 2. BUT you might have to debone them to take them back to TENN . We have to in order to transport any deer back into Ky.

Re: Got a great call today ! - 07/01/22 08:11 PM

I am bout 30 miles south of the Cumberland gap towards Knoxville on Norris lake .... as far as deboning goes, Have knives will travel grin
Posted By: Gene Dziza

Re: Got a great call today ! - 07/01/22 08:16 PM

Duty calls jbyrd! It sounds like you guys are sure up to the task! That is a great call to get.

Re: Got a great call today ! - 07/01/22 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
I am bout 30 miles south of the Cumberland gap towards Knoxville on Norris lake .... as far as deboning goes, Have knives will travel grin

Straight shot up 75 to London. Left turn 35 miles to my house.
Ok if all is well health wise I'll save you one or two.

Re: Got a great call today ! - 07/01/22 08:35 PM

Hey even better can you hunt during the week? Come kill your own !!

Re: Got a great call today ! - 07/01/22 08:36 PM

That sounds just as great as that phone call you got grin
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Got a great call today ! - 07/01/22 09:33 PM

You can afford an AR it just you don't need one. What you allready have works and works well. Nice rifel and an 8nder rated cartridge. I honestly prefer bolt guns or single shots myself in deer guns. Except for smaller kids. My 300 blackout suppressed is great for kids.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums