Home

Hippie

Posted By: Nittany Lion

Hippie - 07/01/22 10:22 PM

Do you know of a bass fishing tournament being held in Central PA this weekend? My grandson and his partner have entered, my understanding is they may fish anywhere in Central PA, they are going to fish near Thompsontown.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Hippie - 07/02/22 01:30 AM

No sir, I dont.

Theres a sporting goods store in Newport that holds tournaments like your describing but I'm not up on it.

Re: Hippie - 07/03/22 05:04 PM

My daughter sent me a link about the tournament, turns out it is based out of Ferry Boat Campsites.
Posted By: jk

Re: Hippie - 07/03/22 06:47 PM

Near Liverpool??? Do either of you guys live in that area?......jk

Re: Hippie - 07/03/22 08:17 PM

JK, I was born, raised and lived near Liverpool for 50 years, I grew up on a farm about 3 miles outside of Liverpool. Both my daughters live in or near Liverpool. I now live in Juniata County about 17 miles from Liverpool.
Posted By: jk

Re: Hippie - 07/03/22 09:53 PM

Did not realize that, I have fished behind the adult book store many a time years ago, 15 years ago the most recent. And I am sorry for not getting those trap spring levers to you a few years back. IF I DONT write it down, I forget......jk
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Hippie - 07/04/22 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by jk
Did not realize that, I have fished behind the adult book store many a time years ago, 15 years ago the most recent. And I am sorry for not getting those trap spring levers to you a few years back. IF I DONT write it down, I forget......jk

For 27 years drove by the "adult book store" almost everyday going to work in Liverpool!
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Hippie - 07/04/22 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT
Originally Posted by jk

For 27 years drove by the "adult book store" almost everyday going to work in Liverpool!

Did you work at what us locals call the rubber plant?
If so you knew my Dad

Re: Hippie - 07/05/22 12:49 AM

I trapped the Susquahanna near Liverpool for about 5 years before this last price crash. I'm 22 mile from there.

How'd he make out Nittany?
Any nice bass?

Re: Hippie - 07/05/22 03:42 PM

He and his partner finished 10th out of 24. I will have to find out what their biggest bass was.

Re: Hippie - 07/05/22 07:50 PM

Not bad, can't win'm all.

Re: Hippie - 07/05/22 09:03 PM

They are only 15 years old, it was their first tournament.
Posted By: Striperfred

Re: Hippie - 07/05/22 10:53 PM

Glad to hear someone catching some smallies last 2 trips(millerstown and muskrat sprigs) have been real slow.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums