Home

Photo Phriday 48

Posted By: Gulo

Photo Phriday 48 - 07/03/22 01:36 PM

A little late this week. Most every year, Miss Lisa and I slip away from the homestead for a week or two in October or November to go somewhere different and trap, usually out of a wall tent. There have been some great trips...

[Linked Image]
This was our home-away-from-home in 2017. Beavering in Panther Creek, Central Idaho.

[Linked Image]
This was tent-camping (called "gers") in Mongolia for wolf trapping. Notice the sand storm approaching...

[Linked Image]
Several years ago (2014?) in north Idaho (N. Fork St. Joe River). Rained entire trip. Miss Lisa called the camp "A river runs through it".

Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Photo Phriday 48 - 07/03/22 01:42 PM

Thanks for sharing your adventures Jack keep up the good work !
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Photo Phriday 48 - 07/03/22 01:54 PM

Thanks for the comments, Allan. Appreciate the feedback...
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Photo Phriday 48 - 07/03/22 02:00 PM

Nice theme to go with. My back can feel all those nights on the ground looking at those picture.
Posted By: nate

Re: Photo Phriday 48 - 07/03/22 02:32 PM

Looks like lots of fun hard work.thanks for sharing.
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: Photo Phriday 48 - 07/03/22 02:38 PM

I always look for and enjoy your posts. Tent camping used to be a summer activity for our family. Once the kids left home Liz and I quit but our daughter is now doing it with her kids.
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: Photo Phriday 48 - 07/03/22 02:43 PM

Awesome picture.

Always enjoy your posts

WS
Posted By: Trapper1960

Re: Photo Phriday 48 - 07/03/22 02:47 PM

Thanks for sharing your adventures.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Photo Phriday 48 - 07/03/22 03:01 PM

Yep..been there too, in tents , in the rain. Good weather too. Never , howevah, on the high plateau with a sand storm coming !

Thank you Jack for sharing your fascinating adventures.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Photo Phriday 48 - 07/03/22 03:58 PM

Great times and pics Gulo.
In the fall,wall tent with a small woodstove for hunting or trapping can be just as comfy as a small cabin.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Photo Phriday 48 - 07/03/22 06:11 PM

That’s awesome! One of the things on my bucket list is buying a wall tent and doing some back country camping/hunting.
Posted By: 30/06

Re: Photo Phriday 48 - 07/03/22 08:43 PM

I agree that a tent and wood stove make a comfortable camp. Sometimes, though, it's hard to find wood. Years ago I stumbled across a pile of old skids and dunnage. They were of a dense hardwood, perhaps oak. I chunked them up and used them on spring trips above the tree line. They worked well in the evening, when willow twigs are too quickly consumed.

Attached picture CD70507B-BACD-4060-9983-3E0C4C6A3DAC.jpeg
Posted By: trapr

Re: Photo Phriday 48 - 07/03/22 09:44 PM

I built a bridge across panther creek at the forest service cabin just above the clear creek trailhead, that is some great country.
There was an old German immigrant who had a dugout cabin next to the forest cabin and he had a small orchard.one night we here a commotion and some heavily accented swearing and we head outside to see what was going on, seems the neighbor took exception to a family of bears eating his apples and pears. He was outside in his union suit with a homemade broom giving them bears what for with his broom and voice.....you dang bears leave my apples alone(whack).
He was 80 years old and tough as nails, he would load his pack and head up the hill and went after an elk during season, he had a place he hunted about 7 miles from his cabin and after 3 days of hiking in and out every day he shot an elk and hauled half out with him that day and the other half the next day.
Hopefully Jack or anyone who has been there than attest that this is not country for the faint of heart, steep and endless.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums