Home

This is an interesting perspective.

Posted By: Marty

This is an interesting perspective. - 07/03/22 07:03 PM

(fox)
Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., said the Justice Department should prosecute former President Donald Trump if warranted, arguing not doing so would be a threat to the Constitution.

"I think it's a much graver constitutional threat if a president can engage in these kinds of activities, and the majority of the president's party looks away; or we as a country decide we're not actually going to take our constitutional obligations seriously," Cheney said in an interview with ABC News' "This Week" on Sunday. "I think that's a much, a much more serious threat."

"I really believe we have to make these decisions, as difficult as it is, apart from politics. We really have to think about these from the perspective of what does it mean for the country," she added.

The comments come after the Wyoming Republican called Trump a "domestic threat" earlier this week in a speech at the Reagan Library in Southern California.
"We are confronting a domestic threat that we have never faced before – and that is a former president who is attempting to unravel the foundations of our constitutional Republic," Cheney said. "And he is aided by Republican leaders and elected officials who have made themselves willing hostages to this dangerous and irrational man."
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/03/22 07:21 PM

True RINO!
Posted By: warrior

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/03/22 07:22 PM

Well I'm of the opinion that the DOJ should prosecute the insurrectionists that have spent the last six years trying to overthrow the duly elected president.
Posted By: Marty

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/03/22 07:26 PM

She is a disgrace to conservatism. pos.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/03/22 07:27 PM

I’m glad she believes in elections because after November the only place she’ll be seen is in the rear view mirror.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/03/22 07:38 PM

Makes sense to me!
Posted By: Elkguy

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/03/22 09:45 PM

Sure Liz, just like you’ve gone after the most crooked and murderous politicians ever - the Clintons.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/03/22 09:52 PM

She is the actual threat!
Posted By: Posco

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/03/22 10:01 PM

She is toast.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/03/22 10:16 PM

She is toast and Trump is in a jam.
Posted By: DWC

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/03/22 10:43 PM

She needs throat punched. But in a recent interview, she just admitted she may consider running for president. So, this is all part of that dance i guess.
Posted By: Nelly

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/03/22 11:17 PM

Daddy was a much more effective oligarch.
His legacy won't last as many generations as the Bushes or Kochs, there are probably others that I have forgotten or are not aware of.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/03/22 11:22 PM

Russia gate, Clinton's emails, Epstein, since the justice depth did such a through job on those investigations we should have full faith in them.

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/03/22 11:40 PM

Fortunately for my conscious, there were perhaps no good guys in the fracas that I was involved in.
Probably some of those little Kuwaiti kids that we felt so sorry for are getting rich of our current energy policies.
Miss Liz is probably as well.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/04/22 12:02 AM

President Trump is a threat only to the bad guys. And the bad guys are about to go down the toilet
Posted By: wr otis

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/04/22 12:16 AM

She'll lose in Nov, then Biden will give her a job doing something.

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/04/22 01:19 AM

Oligarchy always seemed to be such a foreigened concept when we were taught about it in school.
Now it's a little easier to spot.
Posted By: Guss

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/04/22 01:22 AM

I'll tell who infection this country
Blm
Lgbt
And Joe Biden administration.
Posted By: DWC

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/04/22 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by wr otis
She'll lose in Nov, then Biden will give her a job doing something.

Lizzy seems to be taking advantage of the anti trump crowd and has a misconception she would get the republican nod from the anti trumpers if she raises enough heck now. She wont get 2 percent of the primary vote. Shes a highly unlikable bi$?%.
Posted By: VaBeagler

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/04/22 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
Well I'm of the opinion that the DOJ should prosecute the insurrectionists that have spent the last six years trying to overthrow the duly elected president.

This right here.
We all know that the last election was rigged. No doubt. If the democrats retain control after the poop show that we have wittinested during midterms then we all know that voting is futile.
Posted By: VaBeagler

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/04/22 06:17 AM

One man could not screw up this bad by himself in this length of time. This destruction of America was totally by design.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: This is an interesting perspective. - 07/04/22 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Russia gate, Clinton's emails, Epstein, since the justice depth did such a through job on those investigations we should have full faith in them.

We have here what's called a dichotomy (a division or contrast between two things that are or are represented as being opposed or entirely different) in our nation currently.

One segment of the population assumes we are moored by laws of rightful and wrongful... good and bad, so to speak. Constitutional law as an example.
The other segment, which holds much power in places where it does matter and effect outcomes, has moored itself to the age old shame and honor system.
Which is why there are obvious infractions of law that go unnoticed and/or are not prosecuted.
Long live the Romans! And the Greeks! And the Babylonians! And the Assyrians before them! And the Ancients before them!

It would appear, that a bunch in WDC has decided they rank above the law and will once again, as humans default and have done throughout all of human history...
place their elitist banner in the "shame and honor system" sand.
You wanna bring a shame and honor scoundrel to heal, you have to outrank them by birthright or by climbing their imaginary ladder of success.

It's all on display, plain as the sun.

Blessings,
Mark

© 2024 Trapperman Forums