Home

100 Year old WWII Vet breaks down.

Posted By: Finster

100 Year old WWII Vet breaks down. - 07/04/22 01:30 AM

He's not alone.

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: 100 Year old WWII Vet breaks down. - 07/04/22 01:38 AM

This hurts me more then I can say... What hurt more is I know what the reactions of many will be.
" O the opportunity HE HAD ! The opportunity of a white " well you get it.
I honestly don't see how most older people watch TV now days. Was at my a vets house Friday weed eating for him. I cam in and stat down and I say the look on his face as he watched the news. He looked at me and tried to play it off and smile but I know that look. It's painful and I asked if he could just turn if off while we talked for a little.
Worst part ? It's gonna get worse before it gets better. I see alot of hard ship coming to finally knock some sense I to people, the only way I feel it's gonna work sad as it is ..
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: 100 Year old WWII Vet breaks down. - 07/04/22 02:13 AM

Your insight is wonderful for a young guy smile ---- Now you understand my comments about getting the enevitable over with so that we can move on as a nation.
Posted By: Nelly

Re: 100 Year old WWII Vet breaks down. - 07/04/22 02:46 AM

Guys like him make me feel like less of a man.
Everybody wants to give me stuff for being a veteran, but I know that just because you heard some loud noises,smelled some bad odors and knew what those flies were eating does make you better.
I guess that I should just go to bed and not think about it.
I have expressed these feelings to others at VFW and MOC meetings, and they all tell me that they are happy that I don't have to know what it's like.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: 100 Year old WWII Vet breaks down. - 07/04/22 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Nelly
Guys like him make me feel like less of a man.
Everybody wants to give me stuff for being a veteran, but I know that just because you heard some loud noises,smelled some bad odors and knew what those flies were eating does make you better.
I guess that I should just go to bed and not think about it.
I have expressed these feelings to others at VFW and MOC meetings, and they all tell me that they are happy that I don't have to know what it's like.

Nelly -- I don't care about what free stuff they are offering --- You deserve respect - for what you have endured - many of us are not quite sure that we can do as you have done. It has been a huge sacrifice for you (whether you feel it was or not) to allow us to live as we do. It is a debt we cannot hope to repay -- but we have to try.
Posted By: Nelly

Re: 100 Year old WWII Vet breaks down. - 07/04/22 03:30 AM

Anyone can bust the beads on tires, pound out and weld up mangled up sheet metal and winch up broke dick trucks.
Close with and destroy the enemy is an entirely different thing.
In the rear with the gear was basically where I was at.
It wasn't until years later that I realized that the rhythmic thumping of artillery and carpet bombing were something that I shouldn't have been happy to hear.
I heard and felt the thumping, thinking that we were kicking butt,never thought about who was on the receiving end.
Posted By: Finster

Re: 100 Year old WWII Vet breaks down. - 07/04/22 03:19 PM

Looks like a Bronze star on his chest? I don't think it's silver, but I can't tell with the lighting.
Posted By: bandy

Re: 100 Year old WWII Vet breaks down. - 07/04/22 04:06 PM

If the people of this nation ever wake up and see who there real enemy is and get some fight about them then we could move forward.
Posted By: lestan101

Re: 100 Year old WWII Vet breaks down. - 07/05/22 06:29 PM

Finster, that is a silver star according to the color of the ribbon. One above the bronze star. Thanks for the great post.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums