Home

Favorite Dog Food.

Posted By: redsnow

Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 02:00 PM

I just got a call from the man that owns the business where i buy dog food. Fifty pound bags, here at my store I was buying it wholesale.

He just told me that with fuel prices so high that he'd need to raise the price another $3.50 per bag. He's afraid he won't be able to sell it that high, so he's just going to say the heck with it.

I've sold a bunch of his dog feed over the years, hate to see him retire and all. But folks are still going to need dog food.

Before I try to get set up with some other dealer, just curious what you guys feed to your hounds?
Posted By: warrior

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 02:04 PM

I've always liked Diamond and River Run.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 02:12 PM

After the high grade purina went up ELEVEN bucks a bag, i switched to the local feed store. They carry Kent brand, different grades. Dogs doing well on it.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 02:34 PM

After doing extensive comparisons in ingredients and percentages of ingredients several years ago we settled on Pure Balance as the best bang for or bucks in a decent quality dog food. It continues to get good reviews on comparison sites.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 02:48 PM

the stuff we buy is up

Mounds All Life stages it is a local WI company and always been one of the best values in quality feed , never had a vet say anything bad about the stuff in 20 years when telling them that is what we fed.

I understand they are a retailer who has it made for them but the decide what goes in

3.50 a bag I think ours went up 7 last time I bought it and that is just a 35 pound bag first the bags went from 40# to 35 and price stayed the same then a year or two later the price went up.

your money is just worth less , inflation , most people understand that if they think about it at all

my grocery bill is up everything is up a the grocery store
Posted By: trapdye

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 02:49 PM

Price is only part of the problem here, local feed stores are not getting any delivered.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 03:40 PM

Blue wilderness puppy chow, it's over $60 for a 20lb bag. I also try and supplement with meat if someone is cleaning a freezer out etc.
Posted By: Wildandrooted304

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 03:50 PM

Victor dog food
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 04:02 PM

Don't have dogs myself but a lot of my friends use Purina dog chow
Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 04:06 PM

Ol, Roy. They wouldn’t touch it for 3 days. Dad said wait a week and it will become their new favorite lol. He was right lmao
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 04:10 PM

We feed Ranger the Aussie Fromm from Wisconsin.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin Colpetzer
Ol, Roy. They wouldn’t touch it for 3 days. Dad said wait a week and it will become their new favorite lol. He was right lmao

I wouldn't feed that garbage to a stray mutt.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 04:25 PM

Beaver carcasses, guts and all. Can always tell when the dogs get all the beaver they want. Hair becomes glossy and thick.
Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by Kevin Colpetzer

I wouldn't feed that garbage to a stray mutt.

It was a joke lol
Posted By: gcs

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 04:34 PM

Been using the tractor supply stuff. 4Health...
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Beaver carcasses, guts and all. Can always tell when the dogs get all the beaver they want. Hair becomes glossy and thick.

Do you boil them or anything first or raw?
Posted By: DugK

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 04:57 PM

I was feeding my beagles Valu-Pak or Tops but had to switch. Now I feed them Diamond Hi Energy
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 05:04 PM

I don’t eat dog food
Posted By: Marathon

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
I don’t eat dog food

laugh
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 05:16 PM

Extreme dog fuel is the best I've tried. I didn't realize how much of a difference a dog food could make
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 05:32 PM

You can feed Dr. Tim's or you can feed something that is subpar. This is for a performance working dog

A house/yard dog can eat whatever
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 05:33 PM

Orscheln Country Lane Hi Energy
Posted By: CJonesFTA

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 05:44 PM

We feed the 1.5 and 14.5 yo pups 4Health from Tractor Supply. The senior has been on it for about 8-9 years now, and we haven't had any issues. They get supplemented with veggies and pumpkin.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 05:53 PM

Was a big fan of the Sam's Club store brand, till they quit stocking it, so I switched off to the Purina, only a buck or 2 higher, and likely came out of the same plant.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Favorite Dog Food. - 07/05/22 05:58 PM

Our labs coats ,went in the toilet with Purina…( dull and coarse) ..

Switched back to Science Diet …and 2 - 3 months later,returned to that shimmering Lustah .
© 2024 Trapperman Forums