Home

I got shot last night by a buckeye.

Posted By: jbyrd63

I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 04:35 AM

While fishing the tournament I posted about Me and my partner both got shot last night. While fishing before it got dark we were in acove with several boat sitting fishing the bank. All at once something hit me in the back of the leg and between the shoulders. Then in the back of the head. I turned quickly but couldn't see what it was. Then my partner got hit. A pontoon with OHIO license number was idling past and I saw a guy about 16-17 years old raise up an air soft gun and shoot some women on the back of another boat. The dad was driving and 2 teen age boys were firing covertly at boats idling by. I stood up and ask the father how he would like that gun shoved up his rear opening sideways. He turned white as he realized they had gotten busted. I stepped off deck ready to start my big engine and go over to his boat. When I told him my weapon didn't shoot anything nearly as small and soft as his it wasn't funny anymore. He said "we're just having fun" I hate to keep posting reasons to dislike people from OHIO but what can you do? So a grown (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) man thought it was a good thing for his teenage boys to open fire on passing boats???
I yelled that maybe the water patrol need to be notified of their actions and he got gone fast ......
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 04:46 AM

Sad. Those kids will probably end up getting shot over doing that.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 05:41 AM

I would be furious too. Sad that people behave like that.
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 08:03 AM

Who cares what state! it is the actions of those people. Water patrol SHOULDA got involved. Imagine if one of those stray plastic pellets hit in the wrong spot. Easy to loose your eye sight. I woulda raised cain if I had my little girls on board with me. I woulda got their license number if I was you and reported the violation. They knew it was wrong. Glad just a sting was all you got.
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 08:59 AM

Letting them get away with that was a mistake
Posted By: Badger23

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 10:03 AM

I agree with rat pack. I don't have much tolerance for that kinda crap. I don't get the dad's idea of having fun either.Buckminh is right you could lose an eye over something stupid like that. They'll do it to the wrong person sometime and wind up getting shot or get the life beat outta them not that it would be a loss to society.
Posted By: Supergoose

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 10:12 AM

Nothing funny about that…….. you should have got the law involved. They will probably be doing it again because they just got away with it….
Posted By: micheal

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 11:24 AM

Not funny at all
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 12:11 PM

Should have boarded his boat, took the keys and waited on the law to arrive

No way they would have gotten away with that
Posted By: learch

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 12:13 PM

Probably an embellished story just to bring attention to himself.
Posted By: warrior

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 01:00 PM

Aggravated Assault, a felony almost everywhere.
Posted By: Finster

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 01:01 PM

I find this story a might hard to believe. If it did happen, it's called assault. It could be felonious assault, depending on the state laws. So all of these people getting shot with airsoft guns, everyone has a cell phone these days, and not one video, not one call to the police? Something don't smell right. I'm calling BS.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 01:04 PM

Thumbs=up Finisher
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 01:06 PM

Hmph
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 01:07 PM

You should have just tosses a lit stick of the Dynamite you are fishing with over onto his boat and drove off.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 01:20 PM

Sunday morning entertainment. Lol

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 01:21 PM

Unfortunately I can see something like this happening. In the society we live in today way to many parents want to be buddies or friends of their kids and not parents. They buy their teenage kids anything they want and then act like a kid again themselves. It's a rot on society.

I haven't agreed with or believed many of jbyrds postings but I can see this one happening. He should of gotten the boat registration number or a partial along with a description. As far as not having a cell phone handy, mine's in my cooler when ever I'm in my boat. I don't always have it in reach. Not everyone has their phoned glued to their hand.

An event like this could boil over quickly as I said above in my previous post. It wouldn't be a loss to society either. In my area a call to the local warden or PD would often be useless. I'm in a rural area. Some idiot makes a bonehead move like they did it may be handled vigilante style.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 01:29 PM

I bet they were Alabama fans. laugh

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 01:32 PM

No reason to make it up But some on here think what you want. I fully intended to make it a closer confrontation but my partner said “ no let it go not worth it “ Thinking back we should have took a pic of them but I store my phone in a compartment while on the lake. Not part of that generation that immediately films everything. I put the beads in a cup holder I’ll check to see if they blew out during out fishing time or not
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 01:32 PM

We used to have bb gun wars as a kid, not with dad's encouragement though. Might carry a bb gun with you next time jbyrd and light those little buckeyes up. lol.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 01:40 PM

Oh for the good ol days when you would put a bullet hole in one of his pontoons.
Posted By: oh trap

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 01:49 PM

there are dumbarses in every state, i even know a couple from kentucky..

should have called the blue light specials on em. I'm sure they will continue in their ways till someone gets hurt in a non healthy way

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
No reason to make it up But some on here think what you want. I fully intended to make it a closer confrontation but my partner said “ no let it go not worth it “ Thinking back we should have took a pic of them but I store my phone in a compartment while on the lake. Not part of that generation that immediately films everything. I put the beads in a cup holder I’ll check to see if they blew out during out fishing time or not

So your cell phone was in a "compartment"? Couldn't get to it to call the state police or 911 to say there were people shooting others on the lake with airsoft rifles? Relay the registration number of the boat? Give any information? Let's just say it was in a "compartment" with 50 padlocks on it, and you dropped the keys over the side. No one else on this lake that were being shot at did anything? Not one phone call to the police, especially this day and age? Yea right! This is a BS made up story.

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 01:56 PM

We're they in the tournament?

Why didn't you report them.
their actions will most likely escalate.
Posted By: blackoak

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 01:59 PM

3/4 oz jig upside their head would of probably stopped them!
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by blackoak
3/4 oz jig upside their head would of probably stopped them!

Especially out of a wrist rocket.

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 02:13 PM

So what tournament were you entered in? Seems a bit odd that by the timeline you are talking about the tournament would start on a Friday. Not unheard of but some people work during the weekdays and so most tournaments start on the weekends. Maybe it was a Pro tournament? Are you a Pro?

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 02:20 PM

In his previous thread I think it was a tourney that ran from 8pm - 8am Friday night to Saturday morning. He did post a picture on it .
Posted By: i1deagU

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 02:21 PM

This is really disturbing. They're going to die doing this one day. I was always nervous playing paintball with my brothers in the woods because of this.

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by i1deagU
This is really disturbing. They're going to die doing this one day. I was always nervous playing paintball with my brothers in the woods because of this.

Only if it's true..... It's not.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 02:54 PM

Hey jbyrd, seems like you have had really bad luck with Ohio people, my experiences have been different... Same with Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee, Missouri, West Virginia, Virginia, etc.

I can't pick any of those bordering states and say there are more jackwagons in any of those places, than right here in Kentucky.

Is there some bad blood history in your area with Ohio?

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
So what tournament were you entered in? Seems a bit odd that by the timeline you are talking about the tournament would start on a Friday. Not unheard of but some people work during the weekdays and so most tournaments start on the weekends. Maybe it was a Pro tournament? Are you a Pro?

Ok here’s the tackle shop sponsor I invite you to go to their fb page for more info
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 03:08 PM

If true, not cool. But maybe they lost their allowances following your financial advice and were retaliating.

How are you physically able to fish tournaments?

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Finster

So your cell phone was in a "compartment"? Couldn't get to it to call the state police or 911 to say there were people shooting others on the lake with airsoft rifles? Relay the registration number of the boat? Give any information? Let's just say it was in a "compartment" with 50 padlocks on it, and you dropped the keys over the side. No one else on this lake that were being shot at did anything? Not one phone call to the police, especially this day and age? Yea right! This is a BS made up story.

I don't know if anyone else phoned it in or not. But like I said I'm not the "film it crowd. So my first thought was stomp a mudhole in the dad's behind . Plus when I told him that I'm calling the water patrol he bugged out wide open thru the idle zone . If you ever been around a boat at that point seeing the boat numbers are impossible from the back. PLUS my partner said let it go not worth it.

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 03:13 PM

Hey finster you want me to post the picture proof of my bowel movement this morning? After all I named it finster !!!!!!!!

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
If true, not cool. But maybe they lost their allowances following your financial advice and were retaliating.

Sitting in the back seat dragging a jig. Heck you ever seen the pro with NO ARMS fishing . ??? Partner runs the trolling motor because I can't stand fro very long. When he needs a break I run it from the back via a remote control that hangs around my neck . If he needs to retie or net a fish I catch he hits the spot lock option on the trolling motor that thru GPS will hold the boat in place. So I never have to move out of my seat . Guess I should have left my back brace on for the photo !!!
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 03:21 PM

You sure it wasn’t a horse fly biting yah ?
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 03:23 PM

Guess I should have left my back brace on for the photo !!!

Now your thinking.

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 03:27 PM

Hey finster you ever hear of a tournament starting at MIDNIGHT !!!!???? Yea had to so all the BUCKEYES would get off the water in order to fish !!!! when you look at the weights bear In mind it's a 3 fish limit. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 03:28 PM

Yes looking back I should have immediately took down boat numbers . But I'm 59 years old . We never settled things like that in my days. But in the heat of the moment calling for "back up never crossed my mind and with 100"s of pontoons out on the water and no registration numbers what could I have told them at that point ?

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 03:38 PM

I don't care what the others say...
You're all right grin

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 03:46 PM

Hey finster you want me to post the picture proof of my bowel movement this morning? After all I named it finster !!!!!!!!

No need to get snippy. I'm just asking legitimate questions and since you didn't do anything a normal person would do under that situation and no one else that was shot did either, I'm simply pointing out that I believe you made the entire story up. You often seek attention on here. I believe this is just another instance.

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 03:51 PM

I don't know if anyone else phoned it in or not. But like I said I'm not the "film it crowd. So my first thought was stomp a mudhole in the dad's behind . Plus when I told him that I'm calling the water patrol he bugged out wide open thru the idle zone . If you ever been around a boat at that point seeing the boat numbers are impossible from the back. PLUS my partner said let it go not worth it.

So you have back issues and yet you were about to "Stomp" the other guy? While on a boat that you can't stand to run a trolling motor on because of your issues? Am I getting all of this right? You're one heck of a guy. Chuck Norris would be proud to know you. I'm glad your buddy was there to hold you back!
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 04:04 PM

Drama doesn't seem to follow me and I'm very thankful...

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 04:09 PM

How fast can a pontoon boat go full out...?

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed

Well they have really change over the years . Most newer models have 300 and up to 450 horsepower motors. (google it) They're some that advertise mid to upper 70"s

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 04:31 PM

Here’s the answer to “ how fast a pontoon will go “
https://www.boatingmag.com/story/boats/seven-fast-pontoon-boats/
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 04:34 PM

I'd like to see some pictures of your boat, jbyrd.

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 04:38 PM

Here’s me getting ready to leave !!
Lol
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It’s 21ft 5 in long 96 in wide Built for old fat cripple guys Takes rough water great and rides like a car
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 04:41 PM

Had a kid shooting airsoft at me and a buddy while we were working on a car. After I caught him and had a one sided conversation with him down the alley, an adult stepped out the door and that was the end of his airsoft at least while we were out. We called the police, they came and knocked on the door and no one answered so they left.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 04:42 PM

Here’s me getting ready to leave !!
Lol
[Linked Image]

Dang nice boat!

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 05:08 PM

Thx trap dog. It's a 2014 model but it sit in the garage for over a year unused 4 months after I got it. Crushing those vertebrae and spinal fusion stopped all fishing for a year. For those who ask "how I fish" Before the back problems I also participated in the Monday 7pm -12 pm) events. The Thursday night events listed on finsters proof night tournaments even existed. As well as the Saturday night events. Now I can fish 1 night a week and have to recoop from it.
Posted By: corky

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 05:10 PM

Jbyrd has some credibility with me, except for financial advice. LOL The man can catch fish and shoot deer for sure. Based on the actions of the tourists I see all summer up here I can believe the described scenario. I would have handled the aftermath differently as I would get more satisfaction seeing the shooters arrested than I would have participating in a fishing tournament. Of course, it is doubtful that I would be in contention in a tournament.
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 06:00 PM

would have pulled out my shorty AR, which goes where I do, and put 1 62 gr LAP through the engine block, and 1 through the lower unit, then went on about my business.
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed

Well they have really change over the years . Most newer models have 300 and up to 450 horsepower motors. (google it) They're some that advertise mid to upper 70"s

You might see some high horsepower pontoons, but it is a stretch to say "most" are 300 hp and up.
Posted By: BigBlackBirds

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 06:20 PM

I can actually picture this scenario with a couple of kids shooting their airsoft gun at boaters happening. I use to live on the water that jbyrd63 is fishing and in the summer time it was absolute chaos. for some reason i doubt that things have settled down in the 25+ years that have passed since i lived there as last time i was visiting i saw even more non locals than ever recall prior. the local perception of the cause of the chaos has been pointed squarely at buckeyes which seemed to be considered a step below yankees. but back then i would more expect the air soft shooting buckeyes to be found bobbing in the water by their sunken boat the next morning somewhere around bugwood

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 06:58 PM

Here you go Weigh in last year I hadn’t removed my hotter than hades but necessary back support. If you look at the brand it retails got around 1000 dollars but my insurance covered based on my condition Thanks again for asking my technique for being able to participate in outdoor activities
[Linked Image]

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 07:01 PM

Jt quote the entire post MOST newer models But I guess you know since you spend sooo much time on the lake I grew up on ! Thanks for setting me straight

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 07:07 PM

Just one last comment I want to thank those that let me know this incident was entirely my fault. I apologize for not instantly grabbing my phone and snapping pics and tying a rope to his boat so he couldnt disappear into the mass of boats everywhere on the 65,000 acres plus I was fishing I’m dory I didn’t board his boat so was open for legal action for trespassing
Last I want to say I’m sorry for being in his line of fire If I had stay home he wouldn’t have been tempted to send a volley at us
There that how you guys raise your kids ? Bet it was your buddy and his kids I’m talking about

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960
would have pulled out my shorty AR, which goes where I do, and put 1 62 gr LAP through the engine block, and 1 through the lower unit, then went on about my business.

Yes and you would have gone to jail and paid a bigger fine than the idiots Illegal to have a solid projectile (rifle) on the water unless cases and hunting season is in .
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlackBirds
I can actually picture this scenario with a couple of kids shooting their airsoft gun at boaters happening. I use to live on the water that jbyrd63 is fishing and in the summer time it was absolute chaos. for some reason i doubt that things have settled down in the 25+ years that have passed since i lived there as last time i was visiting i saw even more non locals than ever recall prior. the local perception of the cause of the chaos has been pointed squarely at buckeyes which seemed to be considered a step below yankees. but back then i would more expect the air soft shooting buckeyes to be found bobbing in the water by their sunken boat the next morning somewhere around bugwood
Never thought i would hear of any one mention Bugwood on the internet, You are from lake Cumberland aint you.
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 08:05 PM

Yes and you would have gone to jail and paid a bigger fine than the idiots Illegal to have a solid projectile (rifle) on the water unless cases and hunting season is in .

His shorty AR would be considered a pistol. You said you were carrying a pistol also.

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 08:14 PM

Don't whine sarcastically
You were skeered to take appropriate action
So no action but lipping off is what you decided on.

No on became accountable...
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 08:19 PM

It’s done! That doesn’t surprise me! A lot of people, with no common sense. If they would have gotten caught, they would have blamed it on the air soft gun. Congrats on getting in the money!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 09:08 PM

I swear you have more drama in your life than a red headed exotic dancer named Tiffany
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 09:13 PM

Not here its not, if your assaulted you have the right of self defense, they would not have said a word, they knew they were wrong, BTW the shorty is classified as a pistol, and we have concealed carry, no permit needed. I do not play games, to old to take chances!

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
I swear you have more drama in your life than a red headed exotic dancer named Tiffany

grin

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 09:21 PM

Not here its not, if your assaulted you have the right of self defense, they would not have said a word, they knew they were wrong, BTW the shorty is classified as a pistol, and we have concealed carry, no permit needed. I do not play games, to old to take chances!

If a kid shoots you with an airsoft and you return fire with a firearm, you are going to jail in 50 out of 50 states.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 09:23 PM

The Blond ones are named Bambi. So I heard. grin
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 09:25 PM

If a kid shoots you with an airsoft and you return fire with a firearm, you are going to jail in 50 out of 50 states.

The guy who shot Skittles isn't in jail.

Leftlane, that's hilarious, now all we need is for Savell to tell us how he would have slap tamed them fellers.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 09:33 PM

Anyone remember the incident at the MN Trappers Convention where the kids were buying high power air soft guns and knives from that idiot in the trailer? (might have been the FTA)
Then they were threatening other kids and shot every light bulb out on the grounds that wasn't overhead of an adult.

Every TA in attendance banned that clown from their events for life.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 09:40 PM

Lol
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/17/22 10:01 PM

About 15 years ago. Fishing in a cove. We had 3 idiots driving golf balls at us. The reeds where high. We didn’t know what it was at first. Until one landed in the boat. I was able to see 3 grown men in there 30s Laughing. Wasn’t so funny when I fired up the boat and headed there way. They Ran into there cabin. I told them a thing or two. They understood I wasn’t happy. The thing is my 65 year old father was with us in the boat. Getting hit by a golf ball isn’t fun. People are just plain stupid
Posted By: HayDay

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/18/22 01:07 AM

More I think about it, OP's incident sounds a lot like something similar that was in the regional news a while back. Wonder if this has become "a thing" among these little dolts?

https://missouriar.com/mod/correcti...-ninth-street-july-2-missouriar-10175999
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/18/22 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

grin

He sure like to see his name.
That's for sure!
Posted By: Drifter

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/18/22 04:17 PM

I knew a kid that shot a tater cannon at some passing boats UNTIL his Dad found out about it. Needless to say the tater cannon was no longer a threat to anyone and the kid NOW understands the error of his ways.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/18/22 09:03 PM

If it would have happened 50 years ago and in Michigan, it likely woulda been me, except it woulda been a BB gun (weren't no airsoft back then), and you never woulda caught me neither.
Kids today don't think things through all the way.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/18/22 10:47 PM

My kid has one that they have battles with. Along the lines of paintball tourneys. At 40 yards it stings pretty good. About 60 yards you can tell something hit you, but it doesn't hurt.

He shot me once at about 20 yards. It hit me in the lower back with a sweatshirt and a light hunting coat on. It hurt like the dickens.
The first one he had you had to be within 10 yards for it to sting. At 30 yards you didn't even feel it. I use it to scare the starlings away from the bird feeder.
Posted By: hippie

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/19/22 01:13 AM

What do the air soft guns shoot?

Is it the same as a paintball gun?
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/19/22 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by hippie

It is a small plastic bb. Not sure of the caliber, maybe 22?

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/19/22 01:18 AM

A plastic BB.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/19/22 01:46 AM

A plastic BB. They maybe .22 in size. Never really looked at the packaging. All guns are the same "caliber" so you just go by color on what you want.

There are different hardnesses of them. Some are solid. Others are really soft and squishy.

The soft ones are also lighter, so they don't fly as far and are easily controlled by air currents.
The hard ones fly fast and hit hard.

I know the cheap one we got fires in 3 rounds bursts or full auto. It pushed them out really quick too.
Posted By: bass10

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/19/22 12:30 PM

So he didn't get a look at the numbers but did see enough that they were OH numbers, hmmmmm, why of course every Ohioan is rude and disrespectful. On another note, in the
city next to me, Akron, Ohio a group
of kids 20 ish were hiding in some woods next to a park shooting air soft at kids playing basketball. A fight ensued and one of the kids was struck and knocked out and died. Of course it was black on white so nobody
probably heard about it? However, the kid that shot at cops a few weeks ago in Akron and was then shot 46 times was national news.
Posted By: Boco

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/19/22 01:10 PM

You should have whipped out your catapult and bounced an egg sized rock off the side of his head.
Have a little fun with them.
Posted By: run

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/19/22 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
You should have whipped out your catapult and bounced an egg sized rock off the side of his head.
Have a little fun with them.

Good idea, Robert.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/19/22 02:38 PM

It's an airsoft gun for goodness sake!
Stupid people doing stupid stuff but nothing to be concerned about.
Drama queens...
Posted By: KeithC

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/19/22 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by bass10
So he didn't get a look at the numbers but did see enough that they were OH numbers, hmmmmm, why of course every Ohioan is rude and disrespectful. On another note, in the
city next to me, Akron, Ohio a group
of kids 20 ish were hiding in some woods next to a park shooting air soft at kids playing basketball. A fight ensued and one of the kids was struck and knocked out and died. Of course it was black on white so nobody
probably heard about it? However, the kid that shot at cops a few weeks ago in Akron and was then shot 46 times was national news.

It was probably Kentuckians shooting at people they thought were from Ohio, to drive them off "their lake".

Keith
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/19/22 04:20 PM

when I first saw this thread I thought maybe some one finally found a use for buckeyes.

really it is an inedible fruit that serves no purpose other than a bunch of weirdos from Ohio carry them around in their pockets so that they can talk about sports while rubbing their nuts.

I thought maybe a sling shot could be involved
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/19/22 04:29 PM

Now thats a good one Pete.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/19/22 05:46 PM

the OP is Kentucky

and I only called an Ohio Buckeye and inedible fruit
Posted By: capt.scott

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/19/22 05:57 PM

Sounds like you met the Buckeye welcoming committee. Let’s us know where your fishing this week. We all know you don’t take no crap but it sure does follow you. Blah blah blah.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/19/22 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by PAskinner
It's an airsoft gun for goodness sake!
Stupid people doing stupid stuff but nothing to be concerned about.
Drama queens...

Some of those higher end ones can hurt you pretty bad if you get one in the eye. Get hit in the eye and it is history. Idiot neighbor kids took the siding off of my mother's garage with one and it was not even the best quality.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/20/22 01:47 AM

Keep it KID friendly.

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/20/22 03:59 AM

This thread still going...? Jbyrd hasn't posted in 2 pages. Now that's funny...
Posted By: Savell

Re: I got shot last night by a buckeye. - 07/20/22 04:25 AM

... you sure it was an air soft gun? .. could have been mesquite pellets sent from a slingshot lol

© 2024 Trapperman Forums