Home

How can anybody stand these temperatures.

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 02:22 PM

Phoenix temperatures this coming Tuesday and Wednesday, high 113, low 91. Doesn’t even get a chance to cool down at night. I can only imagine the temperature in the sun and what that will feel like.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 02:26 PM

Posted By: Blaine County

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 02:27 PM

It's pretty brutal here. For our farm work, I start at 5:30 am and try to be done by 9:00 am. Resume about 8 pm. Fortunately, not much is going on right now and my resilient children are out of school helping.
Posted By: Boco

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 02:29 PM

We are under an extreme heat advisory here for the next couple days.
Supposed to go to 32c for a few days and warm at night too 18c.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
We are under an extreme heat advisory here for the next couple days.
Supposed to go to 32c for a few days and warm at night too 18c.

Looks like trappin temps to me, lol!
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 02:42 PM

32c =89.6 degrees "farenheit" (non commie measure)...My grandmother splits wood in those temps, Lol.
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
32c =89.6 degrees "farenheit" (non commie measure)...My grandmother splits wood in those temps, Lol.

Thanks for being our interpreter.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 03:04 PM

lol
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mad Scientist

Thanks for being our interpreter.

For real. Thank you.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 03:09 PM

I handle the heat like Blaine Co. I got hard early and late. I always handle paperwork midday in the AC.
Posted By: Marty

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 03:29 PM

Drop body fat and the heat will not hurt so much. High temperatures and high humidity is my nemesis. Thankfully, so far this summer we have had low humidity which is unusual...starting tomorrow it is supposed to drop to the 30's% humidity during the day for a week or so....can handle high temps in those conditions without too much trouble. But it is dry and I hope we do not have another ehd outbreak. 60% right now and supposed to drop to 40% by 6pm. If the high humidity is 50% that works great for me....hopefully the forecast is correct.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 03:42 PM

We've been cooler than normal here. Daytime high on Saturday was 76F but it took all day to get there. Lows around 54-55F
Posted By: bodycount

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 04:04 PM

Fat people suffer much more in heat than thin folks. So sad to see so many heavy folks when shopping at Walmart's. Most use the scooters to get around.
Posted By: Machias

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 04:08 PM

Was 46 degrees this morning. High of 77 today. Ahhhhh
Posted By: hippie

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Phoenix temperatures this coming Tuesday and Wednesday, high 113, low 91. Doesn’t even get a chance to cool down at night. I can only imagine the temperature in the sun and what that will feel like.

Ouch!

Those temps are not for me! I can't imagine living down south where its hot (to me anyhow) all year. Love me some winter!
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 04:44 PM

We had heavy winds this past week causing a large oak limb snap off and drop in my yard. My wife said it would need to be cut up.
I told her I think I'll wait until this heat (90s) and high humidity subsides. I asked her what she thought I should do?
She said, "Let me think about it." shocked
Posted By: Len Dunham

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 05:00 PM

It is 91 now 100 by four 45 percent humidity 107 for the high tuesday sse wind 7mph.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Machias

Yup, north Idaho is just about perfect today!!
Posted By: Sharon

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 05:12 PM

It is here too. Very cool and rain. 50 degrees now. Low humidity in summer and winter.

It isn't enough to see mountains in the distance...to be right next to them is to have those unique reverse currents that switch in early evening , bringing AC cool air from the peaks into the valley. Open up and let that fresh cool air in, close up as soon as the temps equalize the next day and it's done.

I feel for everyone in this heat . You can't pay me to live east of the divide.

Even slim people feel too hot in those temps smile ...and especially those who have had heat stroke. They are especially susceptible .

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 05:33 PM

I live in Kansas and stopped ac at the place I live over two years ago....just use fans. I do use the ac in the vehicle when it is very hot/humid.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 05:47 PM

About like baking in an oven out west and boiling in water down south. High's over a hundred expected the next 10 days or so. I expect humidity will likely be 60% or more. Definitely a code red on the corn starch factor.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 06:09 PM

Yeah next time I go to town I am getting a family size
Posted By: bblwi

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 06:12 PM

Extremely hot temps can really impact the pollination of a crop like corn. Hoping that most of the crop in the area with 90s and over have pollinated by now. The cool season crops are alos impacted by very high heat.

Bryce
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 06:24 PM

I can promise it suck’s working in corn fields when it hits 100. I haven’t kept track but we have to be closing in on 20 days over 100. 2012 was the only other summer that I can compare this one to. I can’t remember 1980 but everyone says it was a hot one
Posted By: Malukchuk

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 07:25 PM

It was snowing in western Alaska today, Wales ak. Here in Nome we had Hail and rain this morning 40 degrees.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 07:33 PM

I can't imagine shoveling snow in this heat! laugh
Posted By: Boco

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 07:43 PM

[Linked Image]

Heres a pic to cool you off.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 07:43 PM

Only good thing about all this rain we’ve been getting is it doesn’t get too much above the 90’s. Sucks for trapping and no matter if it’s raining or clear skies, the humidity runs between 60-70%. And it’s been this way since May. Only 2 more months to go!! October it starts cooling down to the 80’s.
I hate Summer.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Machias

Bite Me! Been upper 90's and low 100's for a month now. Looks like no relief till Septober. (My favorite month, last 1/2 of Sept, and first 1/2 of Oct.)
My Sis and BIL live in Phoenix, every April they load up the beast, (travel trailer) and head for the mountains till the next Oct. They then spend the next 2-3 weeks cleaning the sand out of the house.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/18/22 11:31 PM

96 and 50% humidity, to hot for me to work outside, for to long , when I was young all the old guys said as I got older, I would like summer better, it did not happen, my hands and feet hurt in this heat
Posted By: OKforester

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 12:12 AM

Pretty rough in full nomex on a fire line following a dozer. Even for those of us that are acclimated it’s hard. We force ourselves to drink water at night to be sure to be hydrated for the next day. No end in sight for the next 15 days.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 12:16 AM

57 on Kodiak Island today. I could live there.
Posted By: trapperman222

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 12:35 AM

But its a dry heat in Phoenix . Dew point in the 70's here. Much more icky here in MN.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 12:37 AM

Totally disregarding how anyone feels about UPS drivers at the moment , I feel for this guy in the video. Tough in the heat out there. Everyone look after each other , stay safe , stay hydrated.
Video 1:31 run time.

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Cragar
Totally disregarding how anyone feels about UPS drivers at the moment , I feel for this guy in the video. Tough in the heat out there. Everyone look after each other , stay safe , stay hydrated.
Video 1:31 run time.

Great. I can take a wild guess what our weekly meeting will cover now. We are even required and checked to make sure we have a cooler full of ice and water, and I don’t work outside. Most server rooms are 65-70, lol.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by trapperman222
But its a dry heat in Phoenix .

yea, like over 100 isn't bad cause its a dry heat. crazy

Been in the TX and NV during late spring/summer. Its miserable.
Get up early in the morning and its glorious up here in WI, Got up in TX and it was hot and miserable at 6 in the morning. There isn't a time when its not miserable down there.
Was in Veags once in May, it was 100 or so. Everyone runs from A/C to A/C. Its worse than the winter in the north. At least you can do stuff and work outside in the cold, not so much in the heat.

Yea, you dudes down south can think your impressing us northerners in the middle of winter when its in the '70's down south, but I for one know your living in the armpit of America, no thanks.

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 01:34 AM

You can put on enough clothes to get warm. You can’t take off enough down here to cool off. And if you do the neighbors call the cops.

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 03:30 AM

100° with low humidity is really not bad at all....if it is cloudy with a good breeze it can be pretty nice.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 03:38 AM

It was 40 degrees this morning, it felt like fall time. It got up to 55 and was sunny smile
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 03:44 AM

It’s a little warm down here! But, no heat records, or being broken.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 03:56 AM

It's a mild summer here. Don't know today's temp but I spent all day at the fare with the kids doing 4 h stuff. I thought it was nice.
Posted By: danvee

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 04:03 AM

Wait till the big power producing reservoirs cant produce to power your AC 100 degrees in Cheyenne Wy. is crazy
Posted By: NEYotetrapper

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 04:22 AM

This has been one of the more miserable summers we have had in quite some time. High temps (over 90) and high dew points (over 73 degrees) with little to no wind makes it tough. We havent even seen to catch those little breaks where we cool off into the lower 80s for a couple days. Last Friday was absolutely miserable. Had to change clothes COMPLETELY 3 times as I was soaked through from sweat. I can only handle wearing sweat soaked clothes for so long. My wife was helping that day and she said that she didnt recall ever seeing her forearms sweat before LOL!
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 05:54 AM

Pawnee mentioned 1980. This summer does not even come close to how hot it was then. There were lots of nights the temperature was well over 100° Fahrenheit at 1 AM. There were no crops raised that year. Even the prairie hay only made about 50% of normal. I don't recall getting any measurable rain after June 1st. I think it finally rained a little in late September. I don't recall anyone mentioning the world ending. The old timers then talked about how much worse it was in the "dirty thirties".
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kansas Cat
Pawnee mentioned 1980. This summer does not even come close to how hot it was then. There were lots of nights the temperature was well over 100° Fahrenheit at 1 AM. There were no crops raised that year. Even the prairie hay only made about 50% of normal. I don't recall getting any measurable rain after June 1st. I think it finally rained a little in late September. I don't recall anyone mentioning the world ending. The old timers then talked about how much worse it was in the "dirty thirties".

I believe it was 30 some odd days of 100 plus temperatures here. From what I've heard, Mt. Saint Helens had a lot to do with those temps.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
100° with low humidity is really not bad at all....if it is cloudy with a good breeze it can be pretty nice.

and 10 degrees F is really nice if its sunny and calm.

I get your point, so lets be honest, high heat is worse than very cold.

Both can kill, but there is very little one can do in the high heat while one can do all sorts of stuff in the very cold and still be very comfortable.

Water is the source of life. If you live in area with high heat and very dry you live in one of the worst areas that you can live in the lower 48.
Posted By: run

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 02:28 PM

And bakes Christmas cookies, LOL.
Posted By: run

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
You can put on enough clothes to get warm. You can’t take off enough down here to cool off. And if you do the neighbors call the cops.

Excellent point.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 06:41 PM

Actually wearing light color very loose garments will keep you cooler than no clothes at all. Wide brim hats provide shade as well. Loose fitting clothes also keep you warmer in winter as well. When it is hot the loose light color clothing reflects the sun and hte air trapped next to your body say 99 degrees is probably cooler then the 100 or so outside. In winter the air traps the 99 degree heat which is warmer than whatever the cooler temps are.

Bryce
Posted By: Actor

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 06:54 PM

86 here, just right! Time 2:55PM. Supposed to get to 88.

Garry-
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/19/22 08:21 PM

72 degrees with fluffy clouds and no humidity is about right for summer highs. Anything above 80 is too hot for me.
Posted By: Machias

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/20/22 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Anything above 80 is too hot for me.
AMEN!!!!
Posted By: Starbits

Re: How can anybody stand these temperatures. - 07/20/22 05:45 PM

Our low temperatures for the last 10 days or so have been above 80. I don't mind the high daytime temps, but I really don't like that it never gets cool at night.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums