Home

Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!???????

Posted By: Moosetrot

Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/18/22 10:37 PM

Just stopped at Harbor Freight to pick some stuff up. When checking out I got carded due to the Moly-Graph Multi-Purpose Grease I was buying!!!!!! Asked the guy why and he did not know. What is the grease being used for that would make me prove I was over 18? I am 69 years old and have not heard of that one!!!!

Moosetrot
Posted By: Bob

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/18/22 10:40 PM

Must be all those dang high school kids going around greasing everyone’s heavy equipment at night. Or some meth head figured out it makes you stupid if you smoke it? I dunno. Never heard of that one before
Posted By: Muskrat Love

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/18/22 10:41 PM

Making sure you're way past male puberty! LOL
Posted By: G Hose

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/18/22 10:44 PM

I would’ve put it back
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/18/22 10:47 PM

Just when you think you’ve heard it all.

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/18/22 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by G Hose
I would’ve put it back

Maybe I should return it to avoid some sort of reputation. I kept the receipt.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/18/22 10:55 PM

The world is getting stupider by the day.
Change my mind
Posted By: G Hose

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/18/22 10:56 PM

Not a reputation. I’m just the kind that would’ve put it back. An would’ve had to make another stop.
When the grease is still sitting on the shelf maybe they would think.
I know it’s pointless. But no reason to have to show an id to buy grease. Especially when the one checking your id probably don’t know how to use a grease gun
Posted By: run

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/18/22 11:00 PM

I buy grease @ my favorite auto parts store. Not harbor freight.
Posted By: K91773

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/18/22 11:08 PM

That's the first I have heard of that, I buy grease by the case from whoever has a sale going on when I need it, I'm not sure why but it seems someone always has a sale going on grease, but I have never had anyone ask for ID when buying it, must be a Harbor Freight thing.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/18/22 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
The world is getting stupider by the day.
Change my mind

The word is dumber...LOL!
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/18/22 11:52 PM

Did you ever listen to the lyrics of "Greased Lightening?"- you should be 18.
eek
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/18/22 11:58 PM

If your 69 and he demanded ID, I would have just left everything lying there and went to another store
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 12:05 AM

I suspect some people huff the pressurized lithium grease. When I lived in Dayton, there were a lot of huffers on the bike paths, that lived in the homeless camps on the scrub land near the paths. They mostly had gold rings around their mouths from huffing toulene paint. They would do whippets too. They were not far off from mostly non aggressive zombies. They could not really talk or move well. Their brains were permanently destroyed and many would just lay down and die, especially in cold weather.

Keith
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 12:36 AM

i was looking this has been on jeep forums apparently a huffing thing , but you could just huff gas so who the heck knows
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 12:57 AM

I'm going to harbor freight tomorrow and will rub a little grease around my mouth... Well see what happens Lol

Ol dad
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 01:17 AM

How the heck do you huff grease and what affect could it possibly have?
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
If your 69 and he demanded ID, I would have just left everything lying there and went to another store

X2
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 02:01 AM

Lol moosetrot maybe you were just appealing to the cashier and she/he just wanted to see your ID ?!

Never heard of this, it’s craziness. What’s next?
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 02:10 AM

It's just the policy now for alot of retail places. You can get fired if your caught not carding. Corporate don't care about common sense they care about not getting sued some how, no matter how tiny the chance is. Just give the cashier a break and give them you ID real quick. We think it's retarded too we generally hate asking, but nothing we can do about it. And if you want to make a point ask for corporates number not to see the manager at the store. They can't do jack
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 02:11 AM

I'm 64 and get carded whenever I buy tobacco. I show it to them and offer them (male or female) my phone number, but specify not to talk to my wife if she answers, as she is the jealous type. The gals giggle, the men cringe, well most of the men do...
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 02:35 AM

Iam speechless Moosy…..and that don’t happen often…lol
Posted By: Jim H

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
Just stopped at Harbor Freight to pick some stuff up. When checking out I got carded due to the Moly-Graph Multi-Purpose Grease I was buying!!!!!! Asked the guy why and he did not know. What is the grease being used for that would make me prove I was over 18? I am 69 years old and have not heard of that one!!!!

Moosetrot

I think that's what the lung buster 9mm are lubed with but, I might be wrong...
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 03:06 AM

Many stores have a policy to do random/statistical ID checks as part of their security/loss prevention procedures.

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 03:10 AM

The guy checking me out was the Store Manager and he specifically said the ID check was due to the tube of grease. When I asked him why he said he had no idea.

Moosetrot
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 03:21 AM

Maybe he mistook you for someone famous?
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 03:39 AM

Wow! Grease! What’s next?
Posted By: TheYouthTrapper

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 06:31 AM

Now I can't even buy grease to grease my mower until I'm 18, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 09:48 AM

Just give the cashier a break and give them you ID real quick.

No thanks. Every stupid rule comes with an excuse. I am not playing any more stupid games. The folks in charge can just pay you to put my stuff back. It started with ethanol. make the sales clerk responsible for seeing that other peoples kids had to get somebody to buy beer for them. Now we cant even buy grease?????????? Nope I am not going to play
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
The guy checking me out was the Store Manager and he specifically said the ID check was due to the tube of grease. When I asked him why he said he had no idea.

Moosetrot

That's when you tell the guy "okay, I need to see yours too. I also have no idea why."
Posted By: micheal

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 10:43 AM

Leave it set, that's an insult to me

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Just give the cashier a break and give them you ID real quick.

No thanks. Every stupid rule comes with an excuse. I am not playing any more stupid games. The folks in charge can just pay you to put my stuff back. It started with ethanol. make the sales clerk responsible for seeing that other peoples kids had to get somebody to buy beer for them. Now we cant even buy grease?????????? Nope I am not going to play

I mean that is part of most retail peoples jobs. Can't use the same tactics that works with mom and pop shops with these big chain stores. It just doesn't work

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 11:00 AM

Wolfdog, I dont care. I had enough.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 11:06 AM

Did he take his time looking at it or scan it? A lot of places that ask for your ID just take a quick glance or don't even look at it. They're just doing it for show for the cameras to appease their corporate people.

I hadn't heard of huffing grease before so that's a new one. I remember watching an episode of COPS years ago where they stopped behind a strip mall and there were a couple guys that were stoned or whatever out of their minds from huffing paint. For whatever reason the Gold paint was preferred. They were well known to the police. They couldn't stand up without falling over or staggering around their minds were so shot. It makes me wonder who discovered the idea of huffing grease to begin with.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 12:34 PM

At the local Harbor Freight here, they want your phone number when you check out. I tell them I don’t own a phone. It’s none of their business.

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbrownie
At the local Harbor Freight here, they want your phone number when you check out. I tell them I don’t own a phone. It’s none of their business.

All that does is put you in the system and saves your recites . It's actually pretty nice if you need to return something and lost it. I've returned stuff I bought a year prior,gave ment my cell and they could pull it right up.
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 01:10 PM

I know someone that worked at the Butler store.
They said everyone should work retail for a stint.

You can complain all you want to the clerks.
They're following orders and do not care about whining.
Posted By: run

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 01:52 PM

If you get your harbor freight recipes on e-mail , it's super handy for doing returns. Just give them my phone with the E-mail open.
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 02:29 PM

Just buy from mom and pop stores! They will appreciate it, and your helping out your community!!
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Wright Brothers
I know someone that worked at the Butler store.
They said everyone should work retail for a stint.

You can complain all you want to the clerks.
They're following orders and do not care about whining.

Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91

It's just the policy now for alot of retail places. You can get fired if your caught not carding. Corporate don't care about common sense they care about not getting sued some how, no matter how tiny the chance is. Just give the cashier a break and give them you ID real quick. We think it's retarded too we generally hate asking, but nothing we can do about it. And if you want to make a point ask for corporates number not to see the manager at the store. They can't do jack

Around here the register won't continue to work until the ID is scanned for beer or cigarettes at most convenient stores. The employees have nothing to do with it. It all corporate to cover their arse
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 03:36 PM

I went to buy a bottle of wine at Food city a while back and had to show my drivers license. It has a scratch on it so one of the numbers is hard to read. They told me they could not ender the number into their system and thus could not sell me the wine. I said that I don't want my number in their system anyway. Handed over my Food city points card left a cart full of groceries parked right there and told them that won't need to read the number on my debit card either. not now and not in the future and left. I know I look young for my age but I am still 59 with a full beard. blush
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 04:44 PM

Many Automotive chemicals can be used to make Meth, such as starter fluid.
Posted By: Muskratwalt

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 04:46 PM

Moose, it don't surprise me that you got carded. Why you don't look a day over 68
Posted By: gcs

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/19/22 05:40 PM

Frankly, who cares if someone is huffing anything, not my problem if some idiots want to ruin their life, why does govt, corporate or other do gooders always feel the need to control things...Yeah I know, you don't need to answer.

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/20/22 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Muskratwalt
Moose, it don't surprise me that you got carded. Why you don't look a day over 68

Yeah, Walt, my chiseled, youthful good looks and athletic, Greek god body sometimes get me in a jam once in a while.

Moosetrot grin
Posted By: Muskratwalt

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/20/22 01:07 AM

I have the same problem moose it can be a real curse but I manage to live with it
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Just Got Carded at Harbor Freight!!!!!!??????? - 07/20/22 01:42 PM

At 75, I've been carded a few times at liquor stores. "What? " I say, "you have to be a resident to buy beer, now?"

Some will say something like it's the law. "No, the law is you have to be 21. Obviously, your boss doesn't trust your judgement."
© 2024 Trapperman Forums