Home

Body Grip culvert supports systems

Posted By: MB Coonguy

Body Grip culvert supports systems - 07/20/22 07:21 PM

Hey Guys and Gals

Looking for some ideas that will simply attach body grips to culverts-mostly 220's for Skunk and coon. Inside I can use the KB'S. What I am looking for is some ideas that hold the body grip stable at the ends of these culverts( dry culverts) and smaller culverts not the really big ones

What say you?

Thanks in advance
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Body Grip culvert supports systems - 07/20/22 07:45 PM

I don't remember the guys name, but he was a friend of Mike Clement and Lyle Gibson's but he make H brackets out of angle iron and screwed on a green softwood stick across it that a 220 could be mounted on. The H was laid flat on the delta muck so the trap stood upright.

Now we have the Hagz brackets I would think they will perfect his invention.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Body Grip culvert supports systems - 07/20/22 08:20 PM

Mb coni brackets can be bolted and screwed to about anything. 2x4s, bricks, cinder blocks, etc
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Body Grip culvert supports systems - 07/20/22 08:21 PM

I throw a marten box inside and call it a day. I know it may not be what you’re asking for, but it works.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Body Grip culvert supports systems - 07/20/22 08:25 PM

A while back that trapping show on the Pursuit Channel a guy was trapping skunk in dry culverts. Maybe someone else saw it too. I don't remember what he was using to stabilize his body grippers. But, he had a lot of success.
Posted By: Muskrat Love

Re: Body Grip culvert supports systems - 07/20/22 09:01 PM

There's a great article in the August FFG magazine on setting DP in cement culverts!
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Body Grip culvert supports systems - 07/20/22 09:06 PM

Are there trails leading to those culverts? When I long lined coon we just set every trail leading to the culvert. Never needed to actually set In the culvert it's self. Caught a lot of skunks that way . Now Road right away trapping Is a thing of the past.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Body Grip culvert supports systems - 07/20/22 09:06 PM

Check out the BG supports that Coon Creek Outdoors make and sell.

May fit your needs for edge of culverts. They will give you an idea 4 sure.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Body Grip culvert supports systems - 07/21/22 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Are there trails leading to those culverts? When I long lined coon we just set every trail leading to the culvert. Never needed to actually set In the culvert it's self. Caught a lot of skunks that way . Now Road right away trapping Is a thing of the past.

I agree with the Beav,why not trap them in a better location?
Like a log crossing-much better to make sets on the approaches than at the log-same with a dry culvert or den.Gives you the opportunity for multiple catches without diverting animals.
Posted By: 080808

Re: Body Grip culvert supports systems - 07/21/22 01:07 AM

For what it’s worth getting away from culverts and sitting trails away from roads would cut down on thief. Thieves are lazy.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Body Grip culvert supports systems - 07/21/22 12:14 PM

a guy up here invented a bracket a few years back that work great , next year they stop roadway set

Re: Body Grip culvert supports systems - 07/21/22 02:34 PM

Thanks guys for the suggestions-yes I always set trails etc..we can ditch trap here with no issues except theft of course. Was looking for a secure way to mount a 220 onto a culvert is all. Not all culverts are created equal re-some are slightly elevated etc..I am looking for something simple and easy to use. Wanted to run a couple hundred 220's so I want something fast and simple -repeat repeat repeat.

Re: Body Grip culvert supports systems - 07/21/22 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Check out the BG supports that Coon Creek Outdoors make and sell.

May fit your needs for edge of culverts. They will give you an idea 4 sure.

these look great! Going to order a bunch!
Posted By: ghhunter

Re: Body Grip culvert supports systems - 07/26/22 04:30 AM

Check out Todd Strohecker videos on YouTube.He uses Hagz spring clips and rebar to stabilize his
body grip traps.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums