Home

Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam?

Posted By: Finster

Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 03:01 PM

Been saying this same thing for decades. No one ever want's to listen or what's worse, look at the true data, not the cherry-picked data.

Posted By: oldtrapper

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 03:29 PM

It's been warming since the last ice age. Sure modern humans haven't helped the environment... Neither does a volcano or two erupting.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 03:31 PM

Global warming itself isn’t a scam. Thinking people can actually change it is.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 03:31 PM

Been a scam since old un electable Gore realized nobody was buying his claim that he invented the internet. So he did invent something. Global warming then it was global cooling now it's climate change. The scammers keep renaming it so they can keep it going without having to prove it. Read up on what happens at Davos with the global elites and you will soon figure out that the climate has nothing to do with the real agenda except a means to an end. An end by the way that is very scary.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 03:59 PM

Yep , a big time scam
Posted By: Guss

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 04:38 PM

No such thing as global warming
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Guss
No such thing as global warming

All the woolley mammoth would probably disagree with this statement. We have had two ice ages they say. So obviously the earth has both warmed and cooled.

The scam is that's its man made and can be changed by all the doing without, shutting down coal power, and such other nonsense.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 05:10 PM

Scam. Isn't it obviousm
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 05:59 PM

Changing climate or global warming what ever we choose to name it is a real occurance be it long or short term. There is not enough time or money in the whole world to put the planet back to where some would like it to be as that also is a political debate. What to me would be a the best outcome would be a reasonable mix or combination of all current, future and yet to be discovered forms of energy and be willing to work with those affordable and more realistic options. The issue we deal with today is this is so devisive we can't even talk about the issues in a civil or rational manner. That also thwarts practical research that will give us more usable and palatable options.
Look at the benefits we are now using worldwide from something like GPS in the public and private sectors. We can now use technology to save millions of dollars worth of input costs in planting a billion acres of commodity crops all over the world.
We are having large livestock operations scrubbing and cleaning propane to be able to put in a pipeline. Many of these locations can either sell this or convert their equipment to propane and save fuel costs and shortages etc. Who knows they may be able to make their own nitrogen fertilzer too.

Bryce
Posted By: charles

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 07:25 PM

I think we are seeing global warming. I think we are contributing in a small way, but not totally responsible.

We need to be careful with water quality. I think it may be more critical than warming.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 07:35 PM

It's a shame that it has been politicized so much. It is obviously a scam and fake....because its a pet liberal/progressive agenda item.

I used to argue look at the science, but nobody believes anything anymore except what they want to believe. Science or no.

(My dogma can beat up your dogma)!
Posted By: warrior

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 07:52 PM

The same folks who can't fix a pothole are claiming they can fix the planet if you give them more money and power.

Is it a scam?

ROFLMAO
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 08:26 PM

Here is you pompous climet grifter exposed!
https://youtu.be/yREgJ5rS9Zo
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
It's a shame that it has been politicized so much. It is obviously a scam and fake....because its a pet liberal/progressive agenda item.

I used to argue look at the science, but nobody believes anything anymore except what they want to believe. Science or no.

(My dogma can beat up your dogma)!

What science?
Posted By: Marty

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 08:35 PM

Man sure does pollute a bunch and uses resources up till they are scarce...many square miles of floating plastic in the oceans and many less edible fish...I think the dumping into the oceans and overharvesting of edible fish is more of a problem and something we do contribute too very much....not much being done about that thou because it will not benefit anyone financially. Billions and billions being scammed by the 'solution's' to global warming.

So much food is genetically engineered which is also a huge problem for us all...

The people preaching bad global warming have huge carbon footprints themselves...

Probably way too many humans on the planet for the current methods of sustenance. Plenty could be done to improve how we use resources but again there is no money in that....government subsidizes all kinds of schemes...that is how they stay in power.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/26/22 08:42 PM

There's a reason they changed it from "global warming" to "climate change".
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 05:19 AM

Either way, I'm all stocked up on toilet paper and masks. Where does one wear the mask to protect oneself from contracting the monkey pox?
Posted By: DWC

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 05:38 AM

Its a lot cooler this week than last week. So it must not be real.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 11:26 AM

NO
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 11:28 AM

Yes.
Follow the money.
Posted By: corky

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 11:43 AM

Global warming - real
Global warming crusade - scam
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 12:12 PM

Manipulating the masses, that's the goal.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 12:18 PM

Maybe I should start a thread to find out how many true believers we have? Then they can enlightening me on how all the science works and how it all makes since. Looks like there are a few true believers here.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
Man sure does pollute a bunch and uses resources up till they are scarce...many square miles of floating plastic in the oceans and many less edible fish...I think the dumping into the oceans and overharvesting of edible fish is more of a problem and something we do contribute too very much....not much being done about that thou because it will not benefit anyone financially. Billions and billions being scammed by the 'solution's' to global warming.

So much food is genetically engineered which is also a huge problem for us all...

The people preaching bad global warming have huge carbon footprints themselves...

Probably way too many humans on the planet for the current methods of sustenance. Plenty could be done to improve how we use resources but again there is no money in that....government subsidizes all kinds of schemes...that is how they stay in power.

This
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 01:07 PM

Its real, not a scam. Just like when the cave men were domesticating dinosaurs for meat production. The EPA tried to tell them those gassy meat producing beast were going to be there ruin, and they wouldn't listen and just kept building their fires in their caves, cooking their meat and kept polluting and stinking to high heaven like a "Dead Skunk Laying In the Middle of the Road".
They wouldn't listen and all the ice melted and scraped off the earth.

But hopefully we now have things under control. We've stopped drilling oil wells that is polluting our land and we buy oil from people that hate us and maybe we can just all be friends.
And "How dare you pollute Mother Earth destroying it for future generations". We can stop polluting and just buy our steel from China. And we need to quit cutting the beautiful trees to make things , when we can just use a better plastic that doesn't biodegrade and not make all that CO2. Its such a simple fix but someone has to pay !
Posted By: proratman

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 01:11 PM

In 100 years, the US will not be able to grow enough produce to feed its population due to the extreme heat!

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 01:26 PM

Of course it's a scam. Aint y'all got the common sense to spot a huckster trying to make a buck off of the weather and the gullible?
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 01:29 PM

Years ago, sat through a "climate change" session at a conference. Famous, well respected PhD. What he stressed was climate does change, and does so in predictable cycles. Almost like sine waves.....both up and down and as many as 3 or 4 different period cycles happening at the same time. Wild swings and extremes when temps are going up. Stable, calm weather patterns when temps going down.

So what causes it? To have predictable cycles, that probably means long term orbit of earth and other planets around the sun, which tend to be elliptical, plus different levels of sun activity.

Couple days back, local TV was reporting the day's highs, along with record temps. High for the day was 102.......which was about 10 above long term average. But record high was 110.......set in 1910. Man didn't cause that.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 01:39 PM

Yes it is real, I would be under around 170 feet of ice if not. It will continue until the earth decides to cool down. Cycles just not on our time table.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 01:47 PM

Yup, long term cycles aka weather.

Problem is the gullible look at their flat rock prognosticator and think that's the norm.

When the rock is older than all of us has seen it's share ice ages, tropical jungles and deserts.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 01:49 PM

Be the rock.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 01:57 PM

Al Gore invented the internet global warming whistle
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Global warming itself isn’t a scam. Thinking people can actually change it is.

Yep
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 02:00 PM

No need to elaborate on the details, but it was some 50 years ago I had my first encounter with a uniformed employee of the US Fish and Wildlife. Very nice guys and I developed a great deal of respect for them. Fast forward 30 years and a new type had emerged. This guy a total whackadoodle.

Conclusion was (and is)........I used to think most of those in Fed government agencies were the nice guys I used to know, but were being subjected to outside forces pulling their strings. Encounter with new guy changed that. Conclusion was the crazy idiots were no longer on the outside looking in........they were on the inside looking out. They figured out they could do more damage faster if they were the one's calling the shots. The swamp is infested with them.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 02:08 PM

Short answer - Yes
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 02:13 PM

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
Either way, I'm all stocked up on toilet paper and masks. Where does one wear the mask to protect oneself from contracting the monkey pox?

I believe you wear it as a diaper. grin

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by proratman
In 100 years, the US will not be able to grow enough produce to feed its population due to the extreme heat!

I think AOC said something to that affect only she said it would be in 10 years, not 100.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 04:07 PM

The earth & sun go thru normal regular changes over time. It will be colder or warmer some decades because of this. Any climate change policy is just bad political agenda. simple as that folks
Posted By: Len Dunham

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 04:37 PM

I think it is a big joke.We tie our record of 106 yesterday that was set in 1936.Scam is what it is a big one.
Posted By: Crowfoot

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 05:07 PM

Quelling any and all opposing views and science is all the "evidence" needed to prove (to me) that it is rigged and cannot / should not be trusted as factual.
Once again ... there's a lot of money in it and power to be gained by a choice few.
Posted By: Strut10

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by proratman

LOL !!!

No. That'll be because the Chinese will have bought up ALL the farmland by then.............

The (at first) Global Warming scam............and (now) the Global Climate Change scam are just that. SCAMS. Concocted by the elitest left as a total power grab. Carbon is the element that economies are fueled by. Control carbon............control the masses.

Depending on who you ask, this planet has been here for around 4.5 billion years. Throughout those years...........the earth has been FAR warmer than it is now with far less CO2 in the atmosphere. It has also gone through cycles where the earth has been far colder than it is now.........with far more CO2 in the atmosphere. The inconvenient truth be told, CO2 is a very poor (inefficient) "greenhouse gas" to start with.

If you wanna get the definitive.............ACTUAL, SCIENTIFICALLY BACKED UP truth on global climate change.........read the book "Heaven and Earth" by Australian geologist Ian Plimer ($14.99 on Amazon). It is a pretty technical read (and I was a geology major) but if you can even read through the foreward........you'll get it.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 08:07 PM

The thing that bugs me is that there are many scientists who refute these findings by scientists who are proponents of Climate change and Global warming. But, the main stream media ignores them and will only promote those who claim we are killing the earth.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
The thing that bugs me is that there are many scientists who refute these findings by scientists who are proponents of Climate change and Global warming. But, the main stream media ignores them and will only promote those who claim we are killing the earth.

The mainstream media is in bed with the granola bars! grin

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 08:28 PM

the global warming scam is a scam.....lotsa $ being made which is similar to the covid vax scams. The $ being made comes from govt which goes into debt for that $.
Posted By: lobo

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 09:07 PM

Global warming didn't work well enough for them so the changed it to climate change. That wasn't dramatic enough to get the results they wanted. The new term I hear lately is climate crisis. More dramatic and scary. I can't wait to see how long they shove that down our throats before they come up with something better.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 09:56 PM

Here is something for you to think about. In 2010 there were an estimated 1 billion cars operating in the world.
According to Motor verso the exhaust from those billion cars is between 600 and 1800*F. Depending on operating time.

Thats not including diesel or coal fired power plants along with home and buisness heating.
that doesn't include the result of adding CO2 to the air.
To think WE don't make a difference is just plain foolish.
just

Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by lobo
Global warming didn't work well enough for them so the changed it to climate change. That wasn't dramatic enough to get the results they wanted. The new term I hear lately is climate crisis. More dramatic and scary. I can't wait to see how long they shove that down our throats before they come up with something better.

Exactly

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by AKAjust
Here is something for you to think about. In 2010 there were an estimated 1 billion cars operating in the world.
According to Motor verso the exhaust from those billion cars is between 600 and 1800*F. Depending on operating time.

Thats not including diesel or coal fired power plants along with home and buisness heating.
just

So I assume you walk everywhere to do your part?
Posted By: lobo

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 10:05 PM

Thank
goodness for all that extra heat on January 31st 2019 when Illinois set an all time record low of 38 below zero. Lord only knows how cold it might have been.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by patrapperbuster
Originally Posted by lobo

Exactly

Yup!
But the lefties are about to change tactics from using mere words to hitting your wallet directly. Ol' joe is making noise about executive action and such. Doesn't much matter what you think or believe, you WILL pay for it anyway.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 10:23 PM

It is a population problem. If the food production is negatively affected by adverse weather, famine will be followed by war. Depopulation will be the inevitable outcome and the problem will be temporarily solved.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/27/22 10:40 PM

I don't guess taking farm land to pour concrete parking lots and highways and acres of buildings wouldn't make any difference, just holds the heat til 12:00 midnight?
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 01:12 AM

just

You should take the initiative and plant pine trees along our major freeways.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 01:30 AM

just

That's like two grains of sand on 100 miles of Beach

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 01:54 AM

If it is a population issue then indeed it is a human problem. Humans, even the poorer socieites have large foot prints compared to non human fauna. If we are looking at starvation as the limiting factor don't hold your breath. We can create the needed gentics to create the food and fiber we need for another 3-4 billion if needed. The real issue is will we politically and socially adapt to those population levels? The demand for energy will increase but I am guessing the demand for energy per person will drop as populations rise and energy sources will decentallize more over time as they will need to. Food production is not the reason for starvation today, transportation, politics and ethnicity issues are far larger.
In 1950 there was 1.2 billion acres in farmland in the USA, today there is 950 million acres with most of the loss due to urban and suburban growth. We produce a staggering amount more from 250 million fewer acres.
Bryce

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 02:06 AM

Q/So I assume you walk everywhere to do your part?/Q

No but I'm not foolish enough to ignore the thousands of highly trained scientists that claim WE are contributing to the heating and CAN help control it
And then there is this obvious genius Q/That's like two grains of sand on 100 miles of Beach/Q
. .
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 02:06 AM

No it’s not a scam it pure communism

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 02:25 AM

No global warming before enviromentalism

We need to go back to this .......producing our own products and saving the planet

[Linked Image]

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 02:28 AM

Q/So I assume you walk everywhere to do your part?/Q

No but I'm foolish enough to believe the thousands of highly PAID scientists that get PAID to claim WE are contributing to the heating and CAN help control it
And then there is this obvious genius Q/That's like two grains of sand on 100 miles of Beach/Q
. .

Thanks for calling me a genius grin but you don't sound sincere , what gives ?

And you shouldn't beat yourself up like that grin
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 02:38 AM

No but I'm not foolish enough to ignore the thousands of highly trained scientists that claim WE are contributing to the heating and CAN help control it

Thousands of so called trained scientists rely on governmental subsidies /grants,..they're not fools.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 02:58 AM

If you define many as about 1% then you might be close.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 03:08 AM

it is pretty obvious that humans are effecting the planet in ways that are not good..no $ to be made fixing the majority of those things thou. Plenty of government $ to be made from the global warming/climate change/green energy scams.
Posted By: g smith

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 03:26 AM

Who needs a scientist to decide ? Common sense is sufficient . Cars ,pavement ,buildings ,chem fallow ,roads ,roofs and on and on . 2+ 2 is 4 Chimate change is REAL
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
Yup, long term cycles aka weather.

Problem is the gullible look at their flat rock prognosticator and think that's the norm.

When the rock is older than all of us has seen it's share ice ages, tropical jungles and deserts.

Long term cycles are climate, not weather.

Weather is what you experience when you step outside on any given day. In other words, it is the state of the atmosphere at a particular location over the short-term. Climate is the average of the weather patterns in a location over a longer period of time, usually 30 years or more.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 03:41 AM

Correct. Man has little to do with it, but it’s happening. But as a conservationist, I try to leave a better planet than I was born in.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 04:38 AM

Mankind is overly impressed with himself and his accomplishments. We may well be adding some to it but far from being able to control climate change. If we were so great we could make our own tornadoes or hurricanes and control them. Here we dig out clay gravel to build our roads. This was formed from glacial action. To have that it must have been a lot colder at one time and it seems back before man was around let alone cruising around in his autos and flying machines.

There have been studies done that have been proven was lies. The one holding the purse strings has a lot to do with the outcome most times.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 06:17 AM

I was reading about added supplementation of CO2 in green houses. Up to a point the more CO2 the better the plants produce. Which caused me to wonder if gov would force farmers to use less nitrogen and other inputs, wouldn't a lesser crop use less CO2 and produce less oxygen? So how would would holding back nutrients as in the Canadian situation be helping climate change?

Seems to me free enterprise and free markets work better than gov controls. Farmers use whats best for the crop verses the value needed for the increase.
Same way, animal rights wants to control the way farmers produce meat. If they let free enterprise work; someone who abuses their animals will not stay in a profitable situation and no longer be in business; thus self regulating without a gov watch dog.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 09:55 AM

I wonder if these have any effect on climate...
https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/volcanoes/eruptions/statistics/2021.html

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by g smith
Who needs a scientist to decide ? Common sense is sufficient . Cars ,pavement ,buildings ,chem fallow ,roads ,roofs and on and on . 2+ 2 is 4 Chimate change is REAL

So we what, go back to walking and living in caves?

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 10:13 AM

Greta, is that you? All praise and honor to Mother Earth and your goddess Gaia!
As a scientist, if I hear one more emotional light weight tell me that "Science says....."

2+2 is 4. There are cars and pavement and buildings upon the earth. So?
I'll not stand with these unscientific Mother Earth worshippers who want humans killed, animals worshipped, and the climate to be their calling.
Pagans all.
With a short knowledge of human history and pagan worship.
I'm no son of an ape so me and mine will praise the Creator, not the creation.
Folks.... well they are off worshipping whatever cause seems like the next bright light.
But they are all dark.

Climate wackos are lost people and lost people are never joyful anyway. Hot weather or cold.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 10:18 AM

It seems stewardship has become worship to many folks nowadays.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 10:41 AM

Correct JS.
The masses have taken conservation (remember that concept from decades ago?) and turned it into full scale worship because in the void of the human heart - with the masses steering clear of traditional faith - comes the quest for relevance and identity, people will conjure up any old thing to feel good about. Gender dysphoria, trans-identity, and so much more is rooted in a Gnostic (search for knowledge) paganism from the Greco-Roman era. It's all front and center.

We're just smarties these days, so the masses think they invented something new.
Hardly.
It's called the Illusion of Original thought.
It's ages old.
Play it again Sam.

Posted By: hippie

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 10:53 AM

Here's some common sense to go along with that.

Over 70% of earth is water, so less than 30% land.

Of that 30% , over half is untouched by man, so man is living on approximately 10-15% of earth's surface and a!it of that is ag land.

Its an awful big world and I don't buy that we're making a measurable difference in the scheme of things.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 10:55 AM

Our carbon output is basically the same as it was in 1960. China’s carbon output is more now than the US and Europe combined. It’s not about the climate it’s about government controlling your lives.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 10:59 AM

Not true at all not even close. I’d challenge you to do some research out of the mainstream. Lots of scientists know is BS.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 11:06 AM

Lets see......many square miles of floating plastic in the oceans, don't dare drink water from the main rivers without filtering it, the oceans close to populated areas have been fished out for the most part, nuke plant meltdowns...so many things could be turned around but no $ to be made doing that....plenty of $ to be made from govt for the 'climate agenda'. These idiots want to get rid of cattle, fertilized crops and they want to get rid of fossil fuels without any efficient means of replacing them..and you ask if it is a scam?????

LOL.
Posted By: corky

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Pawnee
Our carbon output is basically the same as it was in 1960. China’s carbon output is more now than the US and Europe combined. It’s not about the climate it’s about government controlling your lives.

This

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 12:33 PM

just

Why did the Earth heat up and cool many times before humans existed on it then? Your argument is moot. The Earth is still coming out of the last ice age. Any real scientist with an ounce of self respect, not taking government grants will tell you the exact same thing.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 12:43 PM

I know you will be way too lazy to read this entire article HERE So I will post this quick excerpt of it.

"So where did that famous “consensus” claim that “98% of all scientists believe in global warming” come from? It originated from an endlessly reported 2009 American Geophysical Union (AGU) survey consisting of an intentionally brief two-minute, two question online survey sent to 10,257 earth scientists by two researchers at the University of Illinois. Of the about 3.000 who responded, 82% answered “yes” to the second question, which like the first, most people I know would also have agreed with.

Then of those, only a small subset, just 77 who had been successful in getting more than half of their papers recently accepted by peer-reviewed climate science journals, were considered in their survey statistic. That “98% all scientists” referred to a laughably puny number of 75 of those 77 who answered “yes”.

That anything-but-scientific survey asked two questions. The first: “When compared with pre-1800s levels, do you think that mean global temperatures have generally risen, fallen, or remained relatively constant?” Few would be expected to dispute this…the planet began thawing out of the “Little Ice Age” in the middle 19th century, predating the Industrial Revolution. (That was the coldest period since the last real Ice Age ended roughly 10,000 years ago.)

The second question asked: “Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?” So what constitutes “significant”? Does “changing” include both cooling and warming… and for both “better” and “worse”? And which contributions…does this include land use changes, such as agriculture and deforestation?

No one has ever been able to measure human contributions to climate. "

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 01:17 PM

No amount off reasion, logic or fact can be used to dispute this with the true believers. They worship at the alter.

Never once can they answer the most simple question. So what caused the ice ages and the conclusion of the ice ages? Obviously man was not able to be responsible for any of that. So the climate changes rinse in cycles. Yes man can have a massive effect on the land just the same as a beaver can create lots of habitat. There is not a single chance not a study that can't be shot down that proves we are causing the climate change that's being pushed.

It's sad we are in such a poor state in this country with so many with no will or ability to think and question things for themselves.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 01:26 PM

Global warming scam artists use local weather, and by local I mean the weather on our little patches of dirt on which human live. More severe storms ect.

We can and do have an impact on local weather and it can be seen in history from ancient civilizations such as the maya. The deforestation of what's now jungle again is highly believed to be their demise, yet they had no overall impact of world climate.

https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2009/06oct_maya/#:~:text=A major drought occurred about the time the,for growing corn to feed their burgeoning
population.

Link failed, but if interested you can Google it. They caused their own drought.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 01:48 PM

What ever happened to acid rain? It was turning all the lakes acid, then somebody figured out scrubbers on the coal stopped acid rain, but some claim many of those acid lakes were already acid before white man came here due to runoff. We also heard a lot about the earth cooling off back in the 60's and 70's. Then we went thru the hole in the ozone phase and now here we are.
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 01:56 PM

I would bet that 90% of us on this forum have a carbon footprint much smaller than those that are proponents of global warming

There is nothing more sustainable than fending for yourself. Growing and killing your own food and trapping fur.

They shove the agenda of electric vehicles, "renewable" energy etc etc down your throat but in reality we know that this is all political and driven by money and greed

Let them continue to tell you how you should live while they take 15 minute plane rides across town because they don't want to sit in traffic.......lol

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 02:42 PM

To me it is surprising that so many fail to grasp the basic physics at play. Greenhouse gases including carbon dioxide, methane, etc are exponentially being released into the atmosphere. They act like a heat trapping blanket. Walk into a greenhouse....HEY, any warmer in there? Of course.

As far as the climate has always been changing talk...of course it has. Who says it hasn't? We've been way hotter and way colder many times over in the history of our planet. The difference now is the speed at which it is happening.

In the scientific community there is consensus that man's activities are causing this hyper speed change in the climate warming up. Anybody who says that there is not worldwide scientific consensus on this doesn't know what they're talking about. End of story.

I have looked into of a few of the fringe scientists claims refuting climate change by man and find that they are being financed that by the fossil fuel industry. How does their credibility look to you now?

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
What ever happened to acid rain? It was turning all the lakes acid, then somebody figured out scrubbers on the coal stopped acid rain, but some claim many of those acid lakes were already acid before white man came here due to runoff. We also heard a lot about the earth cooling off back in the 60's and 70's. Then we went thru the hole in the ozone phase and now here we are.

I remember a study done on the NATO training ranges of Europe during my time there, I was stationed at Graf, in the late 80s.

The premise was that acid rain was killing the conifer forests of Germany and constant use by military heavy vehicles on the ranges were adding insult to injury.
The findings were that the constant crushing and stirring of dust from the mostly limestone aggregate tank trails was spreading and settling on the forests was countering any acid rain effect.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 02:50 PM

In the scientific community there is consensus that man's activities are causing this hyper speed change in the climate warming up. Anybody who says that there is not worldwide scientific consensus on this doesn't know what they're talking about. End of story.

I have looked into of a few of the fringe scientists claims refuting climate change by man and find that they are being financed that by the fossil fuel industry. How does their credibility look to you now?

NO, THERE IS NOT A CONSENSUS! That's the point! Do you ever bother to research anything or do you just believe what you are told? I even posted an article about it on the bottom of the last page. Did you bother to read it, much less have to bother to click a link?

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 02:55 PM

To me it is surprising that so many fail to grasp the basic physics at play. Greenhouse gases including carbon dioxide, methane, etc are exponentially being released into the atmosphere. They act like a heat trapping blanket. Walk into a greenhouse....HEY, any warmer in there? Of course.

As far as the climate has always been changing talk...of course it has. Who says it hasn't? We've been way hotter and way colder many times over in the history of our planet. The difference now is the speed at which it is happening.

Actually got the last several year we have been cooling and the ice caps have been expanding but your free to believe what you chose.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 03:08 PM

Very well said.
thank you.
just

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Actually got the last several year we have been cooling and the ice caps have been expanding but your free to believe what you chose.

Not at all true.
just

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 03:16 PM

And you have a PhD in what? Written how many peer reviewed research papers? Run how many double blind field experiments?

Or are you just doing as the rest of us and coming to conclusions based upon what the mass media are saying?

I've seen enough to definitively say the following.

Global Warming, inconclusive.
Man Made, inconclusive.
Politically Motivated, absolutely.
Proposed Responses, detrimental.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 03:18 PM

Who needs a scientist to decide ? Common sense is sufficient . Cars ,pavement ,buildings ,chem fallow ,roads ,roofs and on and on . 2+ 2 is 5 Chimate change is REAL

That's the problem right there , 2+2 is 4 in my book

You climo worshipers make it up as you go

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 03:53 PM

We had one little lady that preached that when the Russians sent up Sputnik it was causing our adverse weather and said the same after every other launch til she died. She also said when we got our first tv that the antenna on the roof was a scorpion tail talked about in Revelation.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 05:11 PM

just

Well said. Many are turning it into a scam, but I believe the man made impacts on the climate are real. The truth is likely SOMEWHERE in the middle of the yay and nay sayers. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 05:13 PM

You can't make this stuff up...well democrats can because people are dumb enough to believe it.

New bill under the guise of slowing inflation (by wasting more money?) Is nothing but a wealth redistribution scheme being pushed right now. Money for electric cars, even more money dumped into the ACA debacle of Obamas that did nothing in the 12 years since past, and whatever other worthless program they can think of.

Now they say it will pay for itself via tax raises that they say won't effect anyone making under 400k. Sure, companies will just eat the loss instead of passing it on.
I guess that if you have a gullible audience they'll believe whatever you feed them.

Hope we survive until these thieves get thrown out of office!

Ps, at least the global activists are getting funded.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 05:16 PM

Another one breaks wind!
Not you hippie, the one above you! grin

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 09:09 PM

So the left wants to spend billions to "combat climate change". This simply means those billions will get shoveled into select pockets and NOTHING WILL CHANGE.
Prove me wrong.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/28/22 09:24 PM

Most of those type energy schemes is at best break even. What they save in gas they will add other crap in the environment mining and making and recharging the batteries.

Maybe Al Gore will get a patent on a perpetual motion machine, after all, he did so well inventing the internet !

Many believe if your feet get cold because your blanket is too short. Then cut a foot off the top and add it on the bottom.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:08 AM

[Linked Image]

I stand by my earlier post. Don't need a phD to understand it's warm inside a greenhouse and cooler outside of it.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:09 AM

But I saw it on the internet, so it must be true!

ROFLMAO
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:13 AM

beaverpeeler , what about the ice age all the smartest scientists in the world were predicting? is that still imminent after the heat wave subsides?

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:15 AM

The same people who believe this nonsense also believe Joe Biden won the election and the shot is safe

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:16 AM

Joe Biden didnt win??? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:17 AM

My green house only works becuse it has a solid plastic that holds the heat in. It is not any hotter inside it now than outside becuse the plastic is currently off. Besides all that gas you think holds heat in in the atmosphere should vent right out of the hole in the ozone layer. And the gassen in my green house are the same sa on the outside at the same level.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
But I saw it on the internet, so it must be true!

ROFLMAO

Have you ever known the internet not to be the truth?
[Linked Image]

laugh laugh

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
The same people who believe this nonsense also believe Joe Biden won the election and the shot is safe

You can certainly add my name to that list. LOL

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:25 AM

I'll arm wrestle the next naysayer that comes along! Loser buys the beer!
Posted By: BandB

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:26 AM

I bet if we were to wrap the Earth in plastic, it would get warmer.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:28 AM

[Linked Image]

I stand by my earlier post. Don't need a phD to understand it's warm inside a greenhouse and cooler outside of it.

Good grief. ........ Well, after all, 50% of the population is below average. crazy

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:33 AM

Well said Mr. Finster. Uh, by the way, which 50% are you placing yourself in? LOL

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:37 AM

My green house only works becuse it has a solid plastic that holds the heat in. It is not any hotter inside it now than outside becuse the plastic is currently off. Besides all that gas you think holds heat in in the atmosphere should vent right out of the hole in the ozone layer. And the gassen in my green house are the same sa on the outside at the same level.

Might I suggest google "how do greenhouse gases trap heat". I don't have the time or space to contribute to your understanding of this.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:38 AM

Sorry guys. The 98F heat today has me feeling feisty.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:53 AM

It is summertime after all. I predict in a cooling trend starting in the next few months that will continue untill around March at with time we will begin a warming trend once again.

Earlier were you saying that the ice caps have not been expanded the last few years?
Posted By: Bob U. T.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 01:03 AM

They must be the ones that voted for Biden.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 01:07 AM

Well said Mr. Finster. Uh, by the way, which 50% are you placing yourself in? LOL

50% above you. I don't blame you really. I see you are from Oregon. You get brainwashed with liberal fairy tales constantly in that state. Therefore, you don't know any better. It's Commiefornia with a different name.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 02:06 AM

It's 102 over here right now , and feels a little humid at 15 % . What you got ?

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
beaverpeeler , what about the ice age all the smartest scientists in the world were predicting? is that still imminent after the heat wave subsides?

Depends on which theory will line the most pockets.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 02:11 AM

So what does the scientic concensus say is the correct temperature for the planet? Anybody know? How do you know what's too hot for the planet, if no one knows what the temperature "should" be?

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 02:12 AM

It is summertime after all. I predict in a cooling trend starting in the next few months that will continue untill around March at with time we will begin a warming trend once again.

Earlier were you saying that the ice caps have not been expanded the last few years?

Yup They sure have been expanding.
Floating away.
just

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by BandB
So what does the scientic concensus say is the correct temperature for the planet? Anybody know? How do you know what's too hot for the planet, if no one knows what the temperature "should" be?

You're not allowed to ask common sense questions like that grin

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 02:48 AM

Aka just your so well informed. Satellite data shows its expanded at for everal years. But please dont bother to learn anything.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 03:51 AM

Name one.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
Lets see......many square miles of floating plastic in the oceans, don't dare drink water from the main rivers without filtering it, the oceans close to populated areas have been fished out for the most part, nuke plant meltdowns...so many things could be turned around but no $ to be made doing that....plenty of $ to be made from govt for the 'climate agenda'. These idiots want to get rid of cattle, fertilized crops and they want to get rid of fossil fuels without any efficient means of replacing them..and you ask if it is a scam?????

LOL.

This right here is what bothers me the most about the Global Climate Warming Change Religion. Their focus on gutting the world economy to allegedly lower the Earths temperature 2 degrees is taking the focus off of what you listed above. You know, real problems.
Posted By: g smith

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 04:18 AM

So it is pretty simple ----the consensus is man has no effect on the climate ?

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 04:19 AM

I agree

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 09:00 AM

Who said that? By your generic definition, every time a human breaths, it has an effect on the climate. So?
The question is better asked, "To what degree are humans effecting the climate?"
Mother Earth worshippers want;
fewer humans

which is an abomination to God.
I'd steer clear of the pagans who would - in a heartbeat - sacrifice humans for a love of the planet (whatever than means)....
or animals...
or immoral living....
or whatever cultists prefer to do.

Al Gore and Greta and all of 'em can worship at the alter of their choosing, which is Mother Earth, but don't tell me it's Truth when it's lies.
g smith, isn't it amazing that with all the human breath, and cow farts, and muskrat splashing, and whale spouting, and all the asphalt, and all the furnaces chug, chug, chugging, and all the tanneries tanning those hides, and lure makers like me pouring goo in bottles made in factories, and a zillion other man-made things going on....
that we're still alive!
The Mother Earthers said we'd all die in a few years but we're still alive. Me. You. Us. Them.
How can that be?

Well, because God made a remarkable place called Earth and Earth does not dance to man's fiddle.
It only dances to God's fiddle.

We're fine.
Go trapping.
And use less deodorant air spray if it makes you sleep better.

Peter Singer, Al Gore, and all of the whackos can live a miserable life if they'd prefer but don't ask people like me to follow them into the pits of Sheoul.
They worship the creation while people like me and mine worship the Creator.
Huge difference in these two religious postures.

So go ahead, take a breath. God's earth is big enough, it can handle it ok.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mark June

Who said that? By your generic definition, every time a human breaths, it has an effect on the climate. So?
The question is better asked, "To what degree are humans effecting the climate?"
Mother Earth worshippers want;
fewer humans

which is an abomination to God.
I'd steer clear of the pagans who would - in a heartbeat - sacrifice humans for a love of the planet (whatever than means)....
or animals...
or immoral living....
or whatever cultists prefer to do.

Al Gore and Greta and all of 'em can worship at the alter of their choosing, which is Mother Earth, but don't tell me it's Truth when it's lies.
g smith, isn't it amazing that with all the human breath, and cow farts, and muskrat splashing, and whale spouting, and all the asphalt, and all the furnaces chug, chug, chugging, and all the tanneries tanning those hides, and lure makers like me pouring goo in bottles made in factories, and a zillion other man-made things going on....
that we're still alive!
The Mother Earthers said we'd all die in a few years but we're still alive. Me. You. Us. Them.
How can that be?

Well, because God made a remarkable place called Earth and Earth does not dance to man's fiddle.
It only dances to God's fiddle.

We're fine.
Go trapping.
And use less deodorant air spray if it makes you sleep better.

Peter Singer, Al Gore, and all of the whackos can live a miserable life if they'd prefer but don't ask people like me to follow them into the pits of Sheoul.
They worship the creation while people like me and mine worship the Creator.
Huge difference in these two religious postures.

So go ahead, take a breath. God's earth is big enough, it can handle it ok.

Blessings,
Mark

Holy Cow Mark,that took my breath away and I"ve been up a few hrs!! Amen!
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 12:02 PM

Excellent post Mark,
Climate alarmests expect everyone to ignore the resiliency and pliability built into this remarkable Earth.

Regarding the scam, rational thinking people that know anything about natural invironments should be very suspect of "science" that highlights and dramatizes only the negative effects of modest temperature changes.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 02:41 PM

The good news for almost all of us we won't be around to see if we were right or wrong. Someone else will either continue to do as we do today or need to make changes if they can or want to. As long as we are building up carbon and the atmosphere takes it in the changes occurring are miniscule compared to if the atmospheric layer we have is breeched significantly.

Bryce

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 03:22 PM

Rising sea levels and unusual and catastrophic weather events are supposed to be the harbinger of global warming. Guess we're not seeing any of that these days.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 03:26 PM

I've always found it interesting that the rich and powerful that live on the waterfront continue to do so, and even continue to keep building.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 03:33 PM

Unusual by what standard? What makes you think that the records we have, which only cover a tiny fraction of time, are the "usual"? Are you saying the earth never had catastrophic events in the past? What is the optimal temperature for the planet?
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 03:33 PM

Rising sea levels and unusual and catastrophic weather events are supposed to be the harbinger of global warming. Guess we're not seeing any of that these days.

No BP, it’s just a perfect coincidence that the advancements in development, internal combustion engines, and massive burning of fossil fuels (which I admit is absolutely necessary for us considering the world as it is at this moment and the lack of alternative sources of energy) is coinciding with some of (probably the) largest short term glacier recessions and temperature changes etc.

I wish I had a simple answer for it like so many obviously do.

That all said I REALLY hope myself, BP, akaJust, and others are absolutely wrong. But as Bryce eluded to, most of us will never really know until we are watching from heaven above. Happy trapping! ScottW
Posted By: danvee

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 03:54 PM

Interesting discussion, from global warming to God and religion, so what is the proof that God exists and that all in the bible was fact and not fiction created by those wishing to alter others thinking. Not wanting to argue, or ridicule anyone for their beliefs, but where is the physical evidence. A lot of different religions and beliefs, so which if any are true and again where is the physical evidence.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 04:12 PM

That’s a perfect example of why people believe in this junk. Alone the government can’t convince a majority of folks that something is true when it isn’t, but if you get government, big corporations, search engines, ect…. All pushing the same thing they can get people to believe anything.

Look up Jesse Kelly’s “The Sky is Green Theory” he nails it. If you can’t find it I’ll try and find the podcast date. Everyone should hear it.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 04:31 PM

Rising sea levels and unusual and catastrophic weather events are supposed to be the harbinger of global warming.

Exactly my point. Ask yourself why only catastrophic disasterous events are continuously touted as the impending effects of global warming. Those who have a basic understanding of natural processes know that changes in temperature and habitat type that affect some species negatively, always have some positive effect on others. Do you suppose it is just an oversight that all these scientists focus completely on the negative effects while completely ignoring longer growing seasons, more photosynthesis converting CO2 to O2, the plethora of plant and animal species that would flourish in a warmer more favorable invironment? Perhaps if they were more balanced and honest in their prognostications it wouldn't seem like such an agenda driven scam.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 05:01 PM

There are two groups here, one side thinks the amount humans are causing climate change doesn't require extreme measures, and the other bought into humans are the cause regardless of historical proven swings in climate and are supporting the lefts money spending, Wealth redistribution and manufacturing destruction in the U. S.that they push.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 05:32 PM

Aka just your so well informed. Satellite data shows its expanded at for everal years. But please dont bother to learn anything.

Show me any such data.
just
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 05:32 PM

Well said Mark.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 05:35 PM

Warming in Antarctica | Center for Science Education
https://scied.ucar.edu › ... › warming-antarctica
The Antarctic Peninsula, the part of Antarctica furthest from the South Pole, has been warming rapidly, five times faster than the global average. Since 1950, the Antarctic Peninsula has warmed almost 3°C (5.4°F).That's more warming than anywhere else in the Southern Hemisphere. Overall warmer temperatures along the peninsula are incr…

Between 1992 and 2017, Antarctica lost more than three trillion tons of ice, most of which came from the West Antarctica Ice Sheet. Some of the most dramatic impacts of warming are collapsing ice shelves in West Antarctica, which are caused by warming. The animation at the le…
See more on scied.ucar.edu

There is lots more if you dare to read about it.

BTW it took me no more thar 2 minutes to find that

Actually I knew this because I am informed. You ought tio try it.

just

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 06:19 PM

So the ice age aint going to happen after all?

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 06:20 PM

Well, I guess if elephants aint gonna get all hairy again maybe we ought to keep watch on lizards in case they start getting big again?
Posted By: white17

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 06:21 PM

Let's not forget Paul's cautionary tale about being civil with one another. Thin ice in parts of this thread

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by 52Carl

Name one.

How about if I name thousands?
N.O.A.A.
And I'm sure almost all have more education than you.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 06:23 PM

Is Kansas gonna be an inland sea again after Antarctica melts? Should I maybe move back to the rockies while the moving is easy?

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 06:36 PM

BTW here is what the French think
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change_in_France

just

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 06:42 PM

Ask yourself why Obama who really pushed this hard, saying NYC would be under water soon spent most of his money on.....wait for it.......ocean front property!

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 06:52 PM

Its really simple to find out what others are doing about global warming.
Just google name of country and global warming.
Just for the hack of it try" Portugal on global warming."

WARNING you have to WANT to know the truth.
just

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 07:01 PM

So the ice age aint going to happen after all?

12,000 to 14,000 years ago Albany NY was covered with 2 miles of ice. Pelosi started to tax the cavemen and the ice melted. See the government can stop climate change with taxation! smirk

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 07:40 PM

I say name one bonified scientist who says the whole man-made global warming thing is a government hoax.....

And I can guarantee you I can find a link to where he/she gets financially compensated through big energy. Any takers? It's always about the money.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 07:44 PM

Still waiting on the somebody to show what the temperature should be for the good of the planet. Kinda hard to make an argument without a baseline.
Posted By: Deerkiller

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 07:57 PM

I say name one bonified scientist who says the whole man-made global warming thing is a government hoax.....

And I can guarantee you I can find a link to where he/she gets financially compensated through big energy. Any takers? It's always about the money.

According to ecologist and former Director of Greenpeace International Patrick Moore, PhD, “there is some correlation, but little evidence, to support a direct causal relationship between CO2 and global temperature through the millennia.”

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 08:53 PM

You can flip this the other way and every want to be scientist in gov or universities are getting gov $$ or tenure to preach the climate change gospel.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 09:01 PM

Is Kansas gonna be an inland sea again after Antarctica melts? Should I maybe move back to the rockies while the moving is easy?

You might have some valuable oceanfront property right there in Kansas, Danny. I'd just hold out.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 09:02 PM

So do as I suggest.
Try looking at what another government is doing.
If you dare.
just

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 09:44 PM

I dare to say its all hogwash. Been warmer and colder both, multiple times in the earths history. I dare to say the ice age thing wasn't working so now its a heat thing. All hogwash.

Weather gurus dont get the 24 hour hourly forecast right very often. So I doubt the ice age heatwave stuff can hold water either.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/29/22 11:06 PM

Warming in Antarctica | Center for Science Education
https://scied.ucar.edu › ... › warming-antarctica
The Antarctic Peninsula, the part of Antarctica furthest from the South Pole, has been warming rapidly, five times faster than the global average. Since 1950, the Antarctic Peninsula has warmed almost 3°C (5.4°F).That's more warming than anywhere else in the Southern Hemisphere. Overall warmer temperatures along the peninsula are incr…

Between 1992 and 2017, Antarctica lost more than three trillion tons of ice, most of which came from the West Antarctica Ice Sheet. Some of the most dramatic impacts of warming are collapsing ice shelves in West Antarctica, which are caused by warming. The animation at the le…
See more on scied.ucar.edu

There is lots more if you dare to read about it.

BTW it took me no more thar 2 minutes to find that

Actually I knew this because I am informed. You ought tio try it.

just

30 seconds and you will see the ice caps are expanding. Now they try to connect more ice to climant change and moving Ocean currents.

I for one alway believe you get more ice build up in the winter when the temperature increases. Makes perfect since

Every single piece of data used to prove warming get minupulated . They make adjustments due to man's interference or proximity to shipping lanes with the sea based data. The charts and graphs used often have different start and end dates for all the data. That so theye can make the charts correlate . But when you look at the chart at a longer period it shows the opposite of what's being pushed.

Correlation does not equal confirmation.

You are to far invested into your beliefs to even consider anything different. It's OK that's your choice. It's easier to fool someone than to get someone that's been foold to admit when they are wrong. If I had Time and thought it would do any good I could look up good info for you and we could discuss it. You could possibly prove me wrong. I looked into it very deep years back and have forgotten most of the details. But I have worked 96hrs in the last 6 days and Don't belive if I spent the time putting it together it would do any good on a closed mind and my time would be better spent on things relent to my life.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/30/22 01:00 AM

The link below offers some information on the history of the iceshelves and ice on the land over the last 10k years.

Bryce

https://phys.org/news/2022-07-antarctic-ice-sheet-advanced-retreated.html

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/30/22 02:12 AM

While I was looking at the address Bryce put up I ran into this one somewhere in it and heard stuff I had never heard before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC4WiBCoVeo

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/30/22 03:32 AM

Thanks both videos are interesting.
I did note in the pbs video that the earth probably cooled bu the reduction of co2.
just
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? - 07/30/22 09:57 AM

Accoring to this the average temperature of the ocean surface has increased 1* since 1910. I don't think I'll lose my ship just yet. And 80% of the earth is covered by water.

https://scripps.ucsd.edu/news/voyager-how-long-until-ocean-temperature-goes-few-more-degrees#:~:text=The%20average%20temperature%20of%20the,%C2%B0C%20at%20high%20latitudes.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums