Home

Old TV show with trapping scene

Posted By: Trapset

Old TV show with trapping scene - 07/26/22 09:13 PM

An old Wagon Train episode was on a bit ago. A boys dog got caught in a large double spring wolf trap set by a dead buffalo. A guy threw a coat over the dog and pretended to pry jaws open with pocket knife, which was goofy. But, when he got the dogs foot out, he rubbed it and said “oh you’ll be fine”. Was good to see that the trap or trapper wasn’t made out to be the villain like in most Hollywood depictions, even back then. No bandage on foot or the like, just moved on.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Old TV show with trapping scene - 07/26/22 10:02 PM

Pry it open with a pocket knife, that made me chuckle. I always enjoyed that show when I was in my youth.

Re: Old TV show with trapping scene - 07/26/22 10:32 PM

Yeah, I was working on the computer and it was on in the background. I heard the guy say “oh, ya stumbled into a wolf trap eh?” Or something like that. I thought, oh boy, here it comes! Lol.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Old TV show with trapping scene - 07/26/22 11:14 PM

The old Movie-"The Trap" had a neat scene where the old marten trapper got caught in a beartrap and had to chop his foot off to survive.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Old TV show with trapping scene - 07/26/22 11:51 PM

I stopped at a bar in the Bitterroot Mts of, Idaho, ( Avery Trading Post ? ) probably 20 years ago. On the back wall, there was a big glass enclosed case. In it, was skeletal remains of a man, with his leg bone in a bear trap. Might have been a hoax, don’t know.
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: Old TV show with trapping scene - 07/26/22 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Trapset
A boys dog got caught in a large double spring wolf trap set by a dead buffalo.

I have serious doubts a dead buffalo could set a muskrat trap much less a wolf trap. crazy

Re: Old TV show with trapping scene - 07/26/22 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by JTfromWV
A boys dog got caught in a large double spring wolf trap set by a dead buffalo.

I have serious doubts a dead buffalo could set a muskrat trap much less a wolf trap. crazy

*next to

English police, GRRRR!
smile
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Old TV show with trapping scene - 07/26/22 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbrownie
I stopped at a bar in the Bitterroot Mts of, Idaho, ( Avery Trading Post ? ) probably 20 years ago. On the back wall, there was a big glass enclosed case. In it, was skeletal remains of a man, with his leg bone in a bear trap. Might have been a hoax, don’t know.

Several years ago, I saw something very similar to what you described. On the wall was a "bear trap" with an old, weathered, leather boot that had a leg bone caught in it. Turns out the leg bone was from an elk though.
grin
Posted By: Slipknot

Re: Old TV show with trapping scene - 07/27/22 12:10 AM

An old Wagon Train episode was on a bit ago. A boys dog got caught in a large double spring wolf trap set by a dead buffalo. A guy threw a coat over the dog and pretended to pry jaws open with pocket knife, which was goofy. But, when he got the dogs foot out, he rubbed it and said “oh you’ll be fine”. Was good to see that the trap or trapper wasn’t made out to be the villain like in most Hollywood depictions, even back then. No bandage on foot or the like, just moved on.

Funny you mentioned that .I just saw that episode today.

Re: Old TV show with trapping scene - 07/27/22 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Slipknot

Funny you mentioned that .I just saw that episode today.

METV Baby!! LOL
Posted By: Slipknot

Re: Old TV show with trapping scene - 07/27/22 12:21 AM

Yep that's it.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Old TV show with trapping scene - 07/27/22 02:03 AM

Best movie scene I've viewed with a trap , is 'Braven' (2019) with Jason Momoa.

I would post it here , but just a tad of colorful metaphors and the mods might not like it.

If you want to see it , search YouTube for : Braven ending scene. About 2 mins long. Very creative use of a bear trap.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Old TV show with trapping scene - 07/27/22 02:35 PM

Funny stuff

Especially the Buff. Setting a trap grin
© 2024 Trapperman Forums