Home

GoPro - Alternatives?

Posted By: DakotaBoy

GoPro - Alternatives? - 07/27/22 07:29 PM

I'd like to get a GoPro Hero10, but funds are a bit tight right now. Has anyone used an alternative brand action camera? The Glacier NP backpacking trip my wife and I have planned is coming up very soon, and I'd like to be able to film some of it with a decent camera - maybe even pull some still shots from it if possible.
Posted By: squirrelslayer

Re: GoPro - Alternatives? - 07/27/22 07:42 PM

Wow that's wild timing. I just ordered a campark v40 a day ago after watching as many videos as I could find and reading reviews. I just wanted mine for fishing so Im not worried so much about the stabilization which from what I've read GoPro seems to be better at. If you don't get any good responses on here you can shoot me a pm to remind me and I'll give you my thoughts on it if you have the time before your trip. Mine just shipped today so it will be a few days before I have it in hand. if you don't have the time I would start with the campark or the akasko for reviews, those seem to be the best bang for the buck at the moment.
Posted By: waggler

Re: GoPro - Alternatives? - 07/27/22 09:41 PM

I've been looking for the same thing. A couple of years ago I had a GoPro malfunction which made it inoperable. GoPro's has ZERO customer service when it comes to issues that you might be having with their products. I'll never buy another GoPro product.
Posted By: ToCatchAPredator

Re: GoPro - Alternatives? - 07/28/22 12:53 AM

Check out lidcams. I love mine
Posted By: keets

Re: GoPro - Alternatives? - 07/28/22 01:10 AM

I was looking too....AKASO..looks tempting, but haven't pulled the trigger yet
Posted By: MoSam

Re: GoPro - Alternatives? - 07/28/22 01:42 AM

I’ve used TactaCam in the past for different things including diving and Turkey hunting. Mounts to gun very easily, Very good picture quality and their customer service is second to none. We had an issue with one while diving in the keys and they next day aired a replacement camera to where we were staying. Downside is that they don’t have a screen to view on the back but without it means you cutdown on weight of camera as well.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums