Home

Baby possun age?

Posted By: cathryn

Baby possun age? - 07/27/22 10:23 PM

Do any of yall know how old a possum would be that has turned gray but has no hair
.and its eyes are closed?
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Baby possun age? - 07/27/22 10:36 PM

Old enough to screw up a good dirt hole set- all kidding aside, I would guess 4-5 weeks.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Baby possun age? - 07/27/22 10:54 PM

As old as it ever will be in my book.
Posted By: eric space

Re: Baby possun age? - 07/27/22 11:07 PM

How big is it? Possem the size of a mouse is about 1 month old. When born they are the size of a pencil eraser.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Baby possun age? - 07/28/22 09:01 AM

That would depend if it is dead or alive... cool

Garry-
Posted By: cathryn

Re: Baby possun age? - 07/28/22 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by eric space
How big is it? Possem the size of a mouse is about 1 month old. When born they are the size of a pencil eraser.

They were mouse sized. Eyes just starting to open and they had hair. Gray.

A.momma had been hit and the babies were still.ali e so they brought them to me..im the neighborhood vet and anything else someone needs in our community.

I ended up with 2 potbelly piglets on tuesday eve.

Theyre cute. Jerrys not thrilled.

The baby possums were too far gone so they all passed away.

At least they didn't linger
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Baby possun age? - 07/28/22 12:41 PM

many people don't realize being marsupials they can have a litter nursing in the pouch and already be cooking the next litter.

no wonder they are on 6/7ths of the continents

reproduce faster than rabbits and harder to kill than anything else that size and fit nearly anywhere
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Baby possun age? - 07/28/22 12:48 PM

Ready to relocate to a more suitable environment...heaven
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Baby possun age? - 07/28/22 01:12 PM

Neighbor shot one in his chicken coop it had 8 little ones 4 survived that grew to kitten size before I found them homes.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Baby possun age? - 07/28/22 01:22 PM

One my 12 year old shot heading towards our chickens 2 weeks back had a pouch full of pink ones, no hair, mouse size or so. No attempt was made to save them. I see it as a bonus 8 for 0ne deal and am glad they are gone. To bad more will just move in.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Baby possun age? - 07/28/22 03:13 PM

When they have 10-12 at a time it’s hard to keep up.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Baby possun age? - 07/28/22 04:51 PM

That’s a good thing about Spring and Summer trapping. Hoping we can knock the population back a little. I don’t count them in for pay totals but count them as getting them off the property. And incase anyone didn’t know, if the female dies, it doesn’t mean the “fingerlings” do.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums